What Would You Say to Jim Crews

I don't know if it would have to be Crews or maybe just a member of the staff and that would be ... what were you thinking?  We all know the results but what possesses a staff to go out and recruit project after project ....Manning, Drew, Glaze, Agbeko, Lancona, Gillmann, Neufeld, and Jolly.  Then add in a known head case or two with Yarbrough and maybe Moore (father).  Then you get three "point" guards who are not point guards in Bartley, Reynolds and Roby to "run" this show of mismashed parts.  You miss on the local #1 prospect in the country and your fallback plan is a little recruited local guy from basketball powerhouse Riverview Gardens.  Was there a plan?  What was it?  Were you recruiting to a system? 

Because I sure don't understand.  Maybe it makes sense.  maybe it doe snot.  I just want to know what the plan was?????

Happy Friday

I always thought coach Crews was a decent person so a friendly smile, a hello, how is retirement and I wish you the best.  Pretty easy to have the best with the money coming in from his contract.

I have posted on this site the coach Crews buzz kill in how I described what he has done to the program.  As others have posted it is time to move on and be excited for the future of the program under Travis Ford.  No reason to be mean to the guy in person but post your frustration this season and have fun the next.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

I don't know if it would have to be Crews or maybe just a member of the staff and that would be ... what were you thinking?  We all know the results but what possesses a staff to go out and recruit project after project ....Manning, Drew, Glaze, Agbeko, Lancona, Gillmann, Neufeld, and Jolly.  Then add in a known head case or two with Yarbrough and maybe Moore (father).  Then you get three "point" guards who are not point guards in Bartley, Reynolds and Roby to "run" this show of mismashed parts.  You miss on the local #1 prospect in the country and your fallback plan is a little recruited local guy from basketball powerhouse Riverview Gardens.  Was there a plan?  What was it?  Were you recruiting to a system? 

Because I sure don't understand.  Maybe it makes sense.  maybe it doe snot.  I just want to know what the plan was?????

-there was no plan, just be glad CMay or DrP or whoever made the correct decision last March and we have quality players on the end of the bench and two in high school (God save their health)

-btw, Manning and Drew were Rick recruits

4 minutes ago, waldo027 said:

I would thank him for stepping up during a difficult time and coaching the Billikens to 2 of the greatest seasons in their history.

Although that team really could have flipped on the Auto-pilot and coached themselves. I'm sure a lot of what Jimmy Crack Corn Crews said went in one ear and out the other with those guys.