Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, kshoe said:

At first I figured the Jacobs talk on here was just wishful thinking given his brother, but given a few national guys mentioning us and the attraction that it could be to play with your big brother, maybe there really is a chance. Agree with BrianSTL that we are almost certainly already involved. 

indeed:

Saint Louis (where his older brother Demarius Jacobs is a freshman), DePaul, Florida State, Illinois, Nebraska and Virginia Tech are among those who have already jumped in, so it doesn't look like Jacobs is going to lack for options.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/starting-five-top-35-samuell-williamson-sets-visits 

EDIT: Should have kept reading. Looks like @Bills_06beat me to the link. 

1 hour ago, VeniceMenace said:

Somebody’s telling the KC Star we’re on M Jacobs ... or about to be on him:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article217377800.html

Reading this article about KU and it hit me that the quotes attributed to the KU AC could very well have been from Van Macon talking about the Bills and the quote from Bill Self could have come from Ford about the Bills.

While I would love to get Jacobs, as I have written in the past week or so, Ford's biggest challenge in 2019 recruiting either a 4/5 or a PG is not other schools but instead, our current roster.  I know some of you think that star recruits don't worry about competition, but if I am a top 4/5, I look at a group which includes HF, CAG and LS and I don't see myself coming in and starting or even getting 25 minutes a game as a FR.  Same with a top 2019 PG.  I see Goodwin there for at least 1 and likely 2 years and again don't see stepping into a starting role as a FR or maybe even a Soph.  I think JG might be the reason the younger Jacobs picks somewhere other than SLU.  I would love to be wrong so we'll see.

18 minutes ago, bauman said:

While I would love to get Jacobs, as I have written in the past week or so, Ford's biggest challenge in 2019 recruiting either a 4/5 or a PG is not other schools but instead, our current roster.  I know some of you think that star recruits don't worry about competition, but if I am a top 4/5, I look at a group which includes HF, CAG and LS and I don't see myself coming in and starting or even getting 25 minutes a game as a FR.  Same with a top 2019 PG.  I see Goodwin there for at least 1 and likely 2 years and again don't see stepping into a starting role as a FR or maybe even a Soph.  I think JG might be the reason the younger Jacobs picks somewhere other than SLU.  I would love to be wrong so we'll see.

Travis could solve this problem. It's really about if the young Jacobs wants the bright lights of the P5 vs SLU. All in for Band of Brothers. 

46 minutes ago, bauman said:

I don’t understand the logic...the guy chose Kansas knowing what kind of depth & studs they have.

HenryB likes this

5 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

He was committed to Kansas before his brother went to SLU. If he is good enough for the B12 champion 15years in a row, he is damn good enough for SLU. Maybe DJacobs wanted him at slu?  

I don't think anyone on this Board is saying he isn't good enough for SLU so what in the he!! are you trying to say?

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Markese is the type of player who believes he will get all the time he wants regardless of who is already on the roster.  I am not saying he is right or wrong, but that is the way a player with the skills of Markese thinks.

Plus, I really want to see a 5’9” kid in a Billiken uniform throw down like this.  

TheChosenOne likes this

Just now, brianstl said:

Markese is the type of player who believes he will get all the time he wants regardless of who is already on the roster.  I am not saying he is right or wrong, but that is the way a with the skills of Markese thinks.

Plus, I really want to see a 5’9” kid in a Billiken uniform throw down like this.  

His highlight reel might be the best on the team, and that is saying something with this roster.

Setting up  @Box and Won.....

1 hour ago, bauman said:

I think it is all in how Ford sells it to top recruits like that.  He would be joining what should be a tournament team and as Ford said today, championship quality team.  Then it is just telling him how he would fit in with the other players.  While we do have a lot of solid players, he would have to tell him how he would fit in and how they can make each other better.  

I read this article the other day and it is by a Mizzou grad who clearly wants Liddell.  Look at his question about Ohio State being his first visit and how they have Gaffney who is a 5 star and similar player.  Liddell talks how they are selling him on playing together with Gaffney to feed off of each other.  While we may see a five star player in his role, the coaches have to sell them on the spot they have for them.  

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

He was committed to Kansas before his brother went to SLU. If he is good enough for the B12 champion 15years in a row, he is damn good enough for SLU. Maybe DJacobs wanted him at slu?  

You’re like a child that wonders into the middle of a movie and wants to know what’s going on. 

NextYearBill and QUAILMAN like this

Not trying to be a downer, but have we heard that we've even offered Markese from a reputable source?  

No doubt we'd love to have him.  I think he's gonna be looking for brighter lights, despite the connection with his brother.  I'd love to be wrong.

3 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Not trying to be a downer, but have we heard that we've even offered Markese from a reputable source?  

No doubt we'd love to have him.  I think he's gonna be looking for brighter lights, despite the connection with his brother.  I'd love to be wrong.

Yes - read above in this thread.

4 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Bossi, is about as reliable as they come, especially if the kid is connected to KU.

4 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Yes - read above in this thread.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Bossi, is about as reliable as they come, especially if the kid is connected to KU.

Not seeing where in the article posted or on twitter it says we've actually offered.  But I'll take your word for it.  Still think he's gonna wind up at a P5, but again, I'd be overjoyed to be wrong about that.

13 hours ago, bauman said:

I don't think a PG would be a tough sell.  There has been talk / speculation that Goodwin will play off the ball a little more this year with Isabell in the fold.  I don't think it is tough to sell someone like Jacobs that they will be taking Isabell's spot and there will be playing time available when he is gone next year.