Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, TheOne said:

I was told informed this morning that Yuri Collins has verballed to SLU, or a member of the SLU staff.

Good stuff! Any word on how we're doing for a JUCO shooting guard in 2018? We really need a couple shooters to round this team out.

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Probably takes SLU out of the  conversation on Mark Smith too (if it was even anything beyond this board). 

Also helps that he runs w/ the Eagles (Liddell, etc.)

Confirmed 2019 players running with Bradley Beal Elite this spring/summer:

Yuri Collins (St. Mary's)

Mario McKinney (Vashon)

Francis Okoro (Normal Community West)

E.J. Liddell (Belleville West)

Josh Wallace (CBC)

Keyyaun Batchman (Chaminade)

Devan Cambridge (Believe Prep, TN)

And those are just the ones they've announced as returners. Not sure yet about Chris Payton or a few others.

Plus Lamontay Daughtery, Caleb Love, Luke Kasubke, Moses Moody (Little Rock) in the 2020 class.

So yeah, this is a program we want to stay tight with.

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Mario McKinney (Vashon)

Josh Wallace (CBC)

And those are just the ones they've announced as returners. Not sure yet about Chris Payton or a few others.

Plus Lamontay Daughtery, Caleb Love, Luke Kasubke, Moses Moody (Little Rock) in the 2020 class.

Beagles gon' bark this summer.

kshoe likes this

42 minutes ago, Pistol said:

If the other piece of info you shared last week is also true - the one about the grad transfer PG for 2018-2019 - then I really like this development. Makes complete sense from a roster construction standpoint, and I think Collins is flying too far under the radar.

The St. Mary's-Vashon game tomorrow night was already top-notch local HS basketball viewing, but this makes it appointment viewing for SLU fans. We would have four offered players on the floor, with one possible commitment. 8:00 at Parkway West.

Regarding this past piece of information - I was told that this player is willing to and desires to play for SLU, will accept if receives formal “offer” from coaching staff. Seems like, although  coaching staff likes this player, he may be “on hold” until we can see how the rest of the roster and offerees shake out.  

That said, is anyone familiar with any timelines/dates relating to SLU offering a grad transfer and when this player must accept by in order to retain immediate eligibility?

1 hour ago, TheOne said:

I was informed this morning that Yuri Collins has verballed to SLU, or a member of the SLU staff.

Edit: I should add that while my level of confidence in this source is not 100%, it is very high.

Any idea when Yuri might announce it?

8 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Regarding this past piece of information - I was told that this player is willing to and desires to play for SLU, will accept if receives formal “offer” from coaching staff. Seems like, although  coaching staff likes this player, he may be “on hold” until we can see how the rest of the roster and offerees shake out.  

That said, is anyone familiar with any timelines/dates relating to SLU offering a grad transfer and when this player must accept by in order to retain immediate eligibility?

SLU can contact once the player has a permission-to-contact letter from his current AD (this is what Mark Smith is currently in the process of getting). I think the timeline is the same for grad transfers as it is for regular transfers - basically, that they're enrolled early enough in the semester to be eligible.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

SLU can contact once the player has a permission-to-contact letter from his current AD (this is what Mark Smith is currently in the process of getting). I think the timeline is the same for grad transfers as it is for regular transfers - basically, that they're enrolled early enough in the semester to be eligible.

Season likely needs to be over for said player before they'd request the permission-to-contact letter.

4 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Season likely needs to be over for said player before they'd request the permission-to-contact letter.

Which is the case for Mark Smith but not any SEC players.

If The One's post, above, is correct then there is nothing for Yuri to announce with regard to SLU.  Players don't announce that they would like to go to school X if that school offers a scholarship.

1 minute ago, bauman said:

If The One's post, above, is correct then there is nothing for Yuri to announce with regard to SLU.  Players don't announce that they would like to go to school X if that school offers a scholarship.

He was talking about a grad transfer in that post, not Yuri.

1 minute ago, bauman said:

He was referencing the rumored graduate transfer point guard not Yuri. 

2 minutes ago, bauman said:

He is talking about the grad transfer not Collins.

2 minutes ago, bauman said:

That post is regarding a potential SEC grad transfer. 

Yuri has an offer. 

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Mario McKinney (Vashon)

Josh Wallace (CBC)

This reminds me of the club/team that Grawer did such a great job with his last year-Winfield, Claggs, and Highmark.  I can't remember the name but they had quite a group of D 1 players.

HenryB likes this

15 minutes ago, bauman said:

This reminds me of the club/team that Grawer did such a great job with his last year-Winfield, Claggs, and Highmark.  I can't remember the name but they had quite a group of D 1 players.

That was the Eagles: the same AAU club that is now called the Bradley Beal Elite.

I put Tandy on the 2019 interest list because Ford watched him last night and because of his family ties in the area, but I think Detorrion Ware may have been the reason he watched University Heights and Christian County. Tandy's bio:

Dekeyvan 'Kyky' Tandy - SG, 6-2, 180 - Hopkinsville, KY (University Heights Academy) - Twitter: @TandyDekeyvan

Offers: Oklahoma, Iowa State, Florida, Tennessee, Cincinnati, WKU, New Mexico State.

Interest: SLU, Xavier, Creighton, Louisville, Wake Forest, Boston College, Michigan, K-State, Kentucky, South Carolina, LSU, Vanderbilt.

Latest News: Travis Ford and John Calipari watched Tandy score 33 in University Heights' win in the Region 2 finals. (3/6/18)

Scouting Report: Tandy is a very athletic high-volume scorer averaging 31.6 points per game as a junior. He scores on all three levels, using his strength and athleticism to get to the rim with ease and making his 3-pointers at a 45% rate. He's an excellent passer with great vision, and loves to run in transition. He is Rivals' 117th-ranked player in the class of 2019.

This is a no-brainer offer if Ford thinks we have a chance. This kid is an outstanding player. Shoots 45% from 3, throws down highlight reel dunks, brilliant passer. He's underrated at 117 in the 2019 class.