GDT: That team that Jim Crews "coaches" vs. GW

jimbofive

Do yourself a favor and put him on your ignore list.

He's gloating about the surprisingly-not-terrible performance of the worst player on a bad team that is performing worse than anyone's expectations and managed a surprising win. That's some next-level troll behavior.

Not to mention - this is our team. We want them to win. We don't want them to be bad. There's no need to rub it in posters' faces when we have an outcome we all want. Bizarre behavior (for a normal, rational person; not for MB).

What I loved is that he demanded people give Jolly credit and then quoted posters who had done that before he ever made his post.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the exchange but my son said it was awesome. Gus defending his self opinion of his horrible work and this hero fan apparently asking nicely if Gus could have a clue and do his job accurately.

It was a pretty bad mistake as ash was no where close to the ball on that whistle and could not possibly have been the fouler. Or here's an idea gus, wait for the ref to tell us who the foul is on. That might work.

I still like more Milik than Reggie going forward, unless the pattern over the last few game continues.

And even though Gillmann isn't good for much outside of threes, I think he still has a place given we're shooting around 30% as a team.

Milik was a non factor last night and actually a detriment when on the court. He's selfish, and until he understands this is a team game where only Ws matter rather than personal stats, his minutes should be limited to providing breathers. It's a shame, because arguably he's our best talent, but he's got a dick attitude.

Milik was a non factor last night and actually a detriment when on the court. He's selfish, and until he understands this is a team game where only Ws matter rather than personal stats, his minutes should be limited to providing breathers. It's a shame, because arguably he's our best talent, but he's got a dick attitude.

Agreed.

What I loved is that he demanded people give Jolly credit and then quoted poster who had done that before he ever made his post.

That was awesome. Every post is a spoil of riches.

When he gets pressed to admit something, he calls everyone names or disappears for a few weeks. When he challenges others to admit something, well, they already have.

I didn't see the exchange but my son said it was awesome. Gus defending his self opinion of his horrible work and this hero fan apparently asking nicely if Gus could have a clue and do his job accurately.

It was a pretty bad mistake as ash was no where close to the ball on that whistle and could not possibly have been the fouler. Or here's an idea gus, wait for the ref to tell us who the foul is on. That might work.

I'm in the upper bowl at the opposite end and even I could tell Gus had it wrong. My favorite part was one of the three woefully inadequate refs was on his way to tell Crews that his man had fouled out. Even HE didn't wait for the table and just went with Gus's bold announcement.

Except for when they held us to 20 pts in a single game.

What is forgotten in that debacle is that we turned around a month later and beat them 63-38 at our place... not quite as bad as our 20 point performance, but still quite a beat down of GW.

Except for when they held us to 20 pts in a single game.

But still scored in the 40s themselves. A below average offensive performance would have resulted in hanging tough, so that outlier doesn't disprove the trend that SLU tends to "hang tough" in certain matchups, like GW and VCU, year after year despite being a considerably lesser team (except when SLU is better) while tending to get blown out in other matchups with teams that aren't as good as the conference frontrunners.

But still scored in the 40s themselves. A below average offensive performance would have resulted in hanging tough, so that outlier doesn't disprove the trend that SLU tends to "hang tough" in certain matchups, like GW and VCU, year after year despite being a considerably lesser team (except when SLU is better) while tending to get blown out in other matchups with teams that aren't as good as the conference frontrunners.

I get that the close home game last year colors people's memories, but we are 3-5 against VCU overall, and three of the five losses were by double digits. The blowout in 2013 is the only time we have ever beaten them comfortably. It's probably being greedy at this point, but I feel like if anything we owe them one after losing three straight and narrowly missing the upset last year.

We won a thriller, by 3, against a top 20 RPI team.

And Jolly contributed.

Jolly played well enough to make a difference. Protected the rim. Slammed down a dunk shot. Some reb's. Some good passes.

We needed Jolly.

Admit it.

K, Jolly didn't trip over his feet and nearly get punched out by Crews last night. Good job.

Sure, I'll give him credit for getting a jam and pestering Larsen and Cavanaugh a bit in the first half. He actually grabbed 3 whole boards and was credited for a steal when a ball was tipped into his breadbasket. He scored 2 points on 1-3 shooting (missing an easy layup off of a nice outlet pass) while committing 4 fouls. After getting his fourth foul, he acted like the same old petulant Jolly, pushing away Reynolds/Crwaford who tried to calm him down after the whistle.

So, yeah, excuse me if I don't get all excited over Jolly's contributions last night. Him looking like a poor man's Adam Knollmeyer as opposed to an absolute trainwreck shouldn't be all that worthy of praise. He has been deserving of all of the criticism he's received on this board, not only by his play, but by his demeanor and actions.

K, Jolly didn't trip over his feet and nearly get punched out by Crews last night. Good job.

Sure, I'll give him credit for getting a jam and pestering Larsen and Cavanaugh a bit in the first half. He actually grabbed 3 whole boards and was credited for a steal when a ball was tipped into his breadbasket. He scored 2 points on 1-3 shooting (missing an easy layup off of a nice outlet pass) while committing 4 fouls. After getting his fourth foul, he acted like the same old petulant Jolly, pushing away Reynolds who tried to calm him down after the whistle.

So, yeah, excuse me if I don't get all excited over Jolly's contributions last night. Him looking like a poor man's Adam Knollmeyer as opposed to an absolute trainwreck shouldn't be all that worthy of praise. He has been deserving of all of the criticism he's received on this board, not only by his play, but by his demeanor and actions.

Uh8ARsC.gif

It is hard for me to believe that Jolly is getting time over Neufeld. I haven't seen much of a difference in their play and lets face it Neufeld is the only one of them that will be here next year. Jolly is going to try and walk on at St. Louis College of Pharmacy.

Sure, I'll give him credit for getting a jam and pestering Larsen and Cavanaugh a bit in the first half. He actually grabbed 3 whole boards and was credited for a steal when a ball was tipped into his breadbasket. He scored 2 points on 1-3 shooting (missing an easy layup off of a nice outlet pass) while committing 4 fouls. After getting his fourth foul, he acted like the same old petulant Jolly, pushing away Reynolds/Crwaford who tried to calm him down after the whistle.

Can we actually give agbeko the credit he is due? He actually gave us the toughness we needed to win. More Reggie, more Mike, more Miles. Less Jim Crews and Jolly. Get Gillman some creatine.

Agree with some of what you say but Jolly does not deserve the absolutely horseshit, brutal treatment by many posters here. He is doing his best, unfortunately he is physically over matched in many situations... needs weight and strength. And I haven't seen, close up, all of his so called demeanor and actions, but I've seen high strung athletes who get upset and it is a often a positive. Good coaches on youth teams will tell you the ONE kid on the team that throws fits for wanting to do better, to win, sometimes is the one who is most likely to be successful. Jolly is no Nate Thurmond, I know.

I do not like saying anything negative about our kids, but I must point out Yarbrough. He is very talented, was given offers by some Big 10 schools, most everyone on this board was excited with his signing. He was brought in at least in part by Chaeney, who was going to be his mentor, his personal role model, and coach. Yarbrough has bursts of greatness but we all know he makes huge mistakes, when double teamed does not pass, takes off balance shots, handles the ball too much, etcetera. You cannot tell me that Chaeney and Crews have not coached him otherwise, but he still does the same things. Even last night. Talented, but does not accept coaching IMO. Keep in mind, if he somewhere along the line "gets it", then things can improve around here dramatically.