Changes in Branding for Athletics

Yeah those flashy new Duke and UK uniforms must be what's bringing nr recruits.

I know uniforms are less traditional on the basketball side than football but I'm not for something that's really busy and tacky.

On the football side most of the power house teams have very traditional uniforms that are largely unchanged for years.

If SLU is winning while you're a student you'll probably be a bigger fan during your life.

Well, thanks goodness for that.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yay! Rah! History! Ten soccer titles, the last one in 1973. People born that year are now 42 years old! "Kids" graduating that year are in their mid-60's. This is ancinet history and relatively irrelevant. And if that is true, Easy Ed is prehistoric prehistory. These two items can get ranked alongside with the first football forward pass.

Our "storied tradtion" department is bankrupt.

Yay! Rah! History! Ten soccer titles, the last one in 1973. People born that year are now 42 years old! "Kids" graduating that year are in their mid-60's. This is ancinet history and relatively irrelevant. And if that is true, Easy Ed is prehistoric prehistory. These two items can get ranked alongside with the first football forward pass.

Agreed--plus the 10 star thing reminds me of the merit stars on the uniform of the Cracker Barrel waitress.

It's the Billikens that differentiates SLU from everyone else so it should be prominent on EVERYTHING

I like the stars. It's soccer tradition to do that above the crest. Every national team with World Cup titles shows them. So what if they're old? A national title is a national title and SLU's the only place that can wear 10. Looks good, too.

Looks like we are starting to see the beginning of the rebranding. New word marks and font on the Men's Soccer Jersey and at the bottom of the men's non-conference schedule release.

CNCZ8obWoAEnXCB.jpg

4Gy6rrT5.jpg

This is it?! Seems REALLY generic. The Billiken is unique, why go generic?? This is an odd direction as this "shield" could be pulled out of any clip-art file.

You're the first to ***** when we aren't successful but you don't find our history of success relevant? Make no mistake about it, you are truly a dipshit.

Looks like we are starting to see the beginning of the rebranding. New word marks and font on the Men's Soccer Jersey and at the bottom of the men's non-conference schedule release.

CNCZ8obWoAEnXCB.jpg

4Gy6rrT5.jpg

This is it?! Seems REALLY generic. The Billiken is unique, why go generic?? This is an odd direction as this "shield" could be pulled out of any clip-art file.

As SLUFAN13 and others stated earlier the soccer crest and starts are on its own for the soccer team. Here is the old workmark to compare with the new workmark/font. billikens1_blue.gif

I like it. The current font wasn't terribly outdated like some schools, but it definitely needed a refresh. Although you'd think there would have been (still could be) a bigger roll out to it?

I am assuming the soccer shield is just that - a shield for soccer. I'm not sure that would translate over to anything else.

I haven't been to slubillikens.com lately, but the old italicized fonts seem to be stripped in favor of just a Billiken head on the page headers. But again, maybe that has been done long ago.

I expect the fall to be a "soft rollout" and you'll see a big deal made of it for basketball. I think the soccer logo is taking the main SLU wordmark and made to be its own just like the old SLU soccer logo.

People who are against the stars are just confused. Just because it's ancient history doesn't mean you should forget it. Taj you're pretty ancient, should we forget about you?