At the end of the game - McBroom vs Barnett

Billiken75

Then again, it could be partially Crawfords fault for not being overly eager to learn the offense himself. I haven't heard anything about his work ethic or focus being a problem to this point. I don't know, because he certainly has the talent to have more minutes than what he's had so far.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per a timmerman tweet, McBroom had a +/- of +8. He didn't have a +/- number for Barnett.

Here are the others he had: McCall, Glaze were -12, Evans -4, Jett -2.

lol Barnett, I still can't get over the fact that he played meaningful minutes in a very important game. Why Crews, WHY!!!!!

awwwww shux

If Mike Crawford can shoot a three I would trust him to be in at the end of the game from the limited time we have seen him play unless he is too slow and is a duplicate of JB only younger?

CAPITAL +1

that's my worst nightmare. still betting on him being major asset next 4 seasons but nothing is a sure thing

lol Barnett, I still can't get over the fact that he played meaningful minutes in a very important game. Why Crews, WHY!!!!!

awwwww shux

Crews said last year that Barnett does not play because of his shooting. He plays because he does the other things they ask of him. I do not know what they are.

Jake Barnett is a senior. Ideally, your senior year should be your peak of development and production. Barnett not only hasn't done anything this year, he was better last year. At least last year he could make an open three and bring some energy. This, my friends, is a lost cause.

This reminds me almost exactly of the Kyle Cassidy situation. He averaged 8.0 points as a junior and came in his senior year and averaged only 3.3. He had a very pure stroke from three, but was afraid to shoot it for whatever reason. Majerus used this as an opportunity to give both Mcall and Jett (both sophomores at the time) added minutes for long-term benefits. This is was Crews needs to do.

Mcbroom and Crawford need minutes. Simple as that. They need experience under their belt to build familiarity with the offense and their teammates of the future. If a senior can't get it done, put someone who has potential in the future in to get his feet wet.

+1 Crawford needs some minutes that kid can shoot the basketball. The announcers mentioned how WSU were getting the ball to the player Barnett was guarding.

+1 Crawford needs some minutes that kid can shoot the basketball. The announcers mentioned how WSU were getting the ball to the player Barnett was guarding.

That's just silly as it's not true. I'm not saying the announcers didn't say it, but it doesn't make sense because the player they looked to all game was guarded mostly by Jett and I noticed McCall on him when Jett was out and he immediately took MM down low for a bucket

There can be more than one definition of "learning". I am sure MC knows the information and schemes but the question is can he actually implement them at game speed? Usually when a coach says a kid is not ready it is because he can not do it instinctively yet. We have all learned to do something such as driving a stick shift. While you at first know what to do you have to think about all your actions involved in driving that kind of a vehicle. Over time, it becomes instinctive so the same is true about a freshman learning new schemes.

There can be more than one definition of "learning". I am sure MC knows the information and schemes but the question is can he actually implement them at game speed? Usually when a coach says a kid is not ready it is because he can not do it instinctively yet. We have all learned to do something such as driving a stick shift. While you at first know what to do you have to think about all your actions involved in driving that kind of a vehicle. Over time, it becomes instinctive so the same is true about a freshman learning new schemes.

+1

• 3 months later...

I am not a huge Barnett fan so I can understand why people are putting some of this one him but the fact remains, he did not costs us the game. Sure he missed a great look to tie the game but we lost this game because of our inability to hit free throws and poor defense. I hope the rest between UMass and the A-10 tourney does this team so good because they need to rest and heal up. I think if they can get their legs back, they still have a chance to make a long run in March!!

I am not a huge Barnett fan so I can understand why people are putting some of this one him but the fact remains, he did not costs us the game. Sure he missed a great look to tie the game but we lost this game because of our inability to hit free throws and poor defense. I hope the rest between UMass and the A-10 tourney does this team so good because they need to rest and heal up. I think if they can get their legs back, they still have a chance to make a long run in March!!

First you have to make the tourney. If. We finish the season with 5 losses in a row we're a bubble team.

You know more than Coach Crews. Okay. Maybe you should be coaching the team, not a guy who is approaching 600 career coaching victories and has lead the Bills to two of the most successful seasons in school history. Yeah, right. :lol:

You sir, are very wrong again. They have Senioritis.

You know more than Coach Crews. Okay. Maybe you should be coaching the team, not a guy who is approaching 600 career coaching victories and has lead the Bills to two of the most successful seasons in school history. Yeah, right. :lol:

And you have blinders on. How many games have you seen this year live? Why do our best free throw shooters miss front ends of 1 and 1 towards the end of the games. Why do we consistantly have nice leads at half time only to give them up at the end of the game? Please give me the answers to this. Anxious to hear from you. I guess it's just coincidence.