At the end of the game - McBroom vs Barnett

Billiken75

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this can't be a serious question after today. AM could not play play much worse than JB did down the stretch, therefore, Crews should look into using AM more. He could be just as bad, who knows. Also, after realizing how painful our offense can be whenever we're not constantly feeding DE (i.e. the first half of every game), I'm coming around on AM's pull up 2's and 3's. At least someone doesn't mind letting one rip.

I would have killed to have a player of Cassitys quality out there instead of Jake.

Not a good defender, doesn't create on offense, and I don't think he is a good shooter. He has never shot well for a significant period of time.

Do I think he cost us the game? No, there were lots of factors that contributed to that. But jake's role of wing off the bench is a weakness for our team, plain and simple.

Here are my thoughts. I've expressed them numerous times before.

Saying something like: "Barnett played horrible that game. He missed key FTs and air balled 3 that could have tied the game. I would have liked to see McBroom playing instead." is perfectly fine.

Saying: "Jake Barnett sucks. He is garbage. I wish he wasn't on the team." is out of line.

Criticism of the play of a player is fine (although constructive criticism is the best) . Personal attacks on a player are wrong.

I don't think it is too difficult to differentiate between the two and I don't think it is too much to ask.

Ok who do people take it out on - JC - after all he is getting the big bucks. I am sorry JB had two wide open 3s blocked at the end of the game. He has become somewhat of a lightening rod but he has earned every bit of it. He did not even rebound today. By the way, perhaps JC needs to go back to having somebody write on the blackboard - to win defend and rebound. We have not rebounded all year! Defend- sometimes great sometimes non existence. As I said earlier unless this team figures out how to be more consistent in all phases of the game they simply will not be very good. They do not look like a NCAA team at all.

When we needed outside shooting - the 3 pt - at the end of the game, why not have McBroom in versus Barnett?

If we are just looking for outside shooting, why not have both McBroom and Barnett in the game with Jett on the bench?

I will say that I would like to see McBroom get more PT than Barnett. There is no reason that he shouldn't be a great defender because of how quick he is. Perhaps fans who are angry with Jake should really be pissed that McBroom hasn't made more of an effort to improve his defense? He has a whole transfer year to work on it. Some of our best stretches of many games last year were with Mitchell, McCall, and Jett all in the game at the same time. There is no reason we can't do the same thing with McBroom in place of Mitchell.

yes sir. that's what scares me

I think you guys are forgetting how poor we looked at times last year (losing to Rhode Island and Santa Clara at home, losing at Xavier with an awful shooting performance, getting smacked down by KU). Even NCAA tournament teams have rough stretches. We showed that we can play with the #10 and #12 teams in the country despite not playing our best. I feel like we were spoiled by the great run last year. This team may not be that good, but they are certainly good enough to get into the tournament (although probably a bubble team at this point).

Kwamain was hurt then... ... ...

Kwam played in the Rhode Island game (though he was def not the reason we lost) and the loss at Xavier.

I'm not ready to jump overboard yet. I'd rather have sh*tty games now and hopefully they learn from them than have sh*itty games in March.

I think you guys are forgetting how poor we looked at times last year (losing to Rhode Island and Santa Clara at home, losing at Xavier with an awful shooting performance, getting smacked down by KU). Even NCAA tournament teams have rough stretches. We showed that we can play with the #10 and #12 teams in the country despite not playing our best. I feel like we were spoiled by the great run last year. This team may not be that good, but they are certainly good enough to get into the tournament (although probably a bubble team at this point).

The Daily Double of URI and Temple was pretty bad last year.

This week is worse for the time being.