Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all still don't realize how good you have it with Ford. The time to be accepting mediocrity is over. We are finally building to a team that could contend for a sweet sixteen or elite run. Start getting excited and stop defending players who shouldn't be on the team in the first place

34 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Y'all still don't realize how good you have it with Ford. The time to be accepting mediocrity is over. We are finally building to a team that could contend for a sweet sixteen or elite run. Start getting excited and stop defending players who shouldn't be on the team in the first place

Reveal yourself.  Are you Tubbythewetseal?  Mrjoelabs?  Volfan?  Who are you?  I call for an investigation.  I bet you have had multiple previous ID's...

12 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

glorydays has basically ruined this board for me

Important instructions:

1. Username - upper right-hand corner - drop-down menu

2. Ignored Users

3. Add new user to ignore list: type "glorydays2013" in the search box until his name pops up

4. Check all the boxes

5. "Add User" to save, and return to the main board

6. Do not click "Options - Show this post" when you see his name

It works!

Just now, SLURadioBoy said:

Glad French finally broke through to the top 100. Have we ever had two top 100 incoming freshmen?

I think Baniak may have been top 100 in a couple of sites. Obviously he was in the same class as Larry Legend.

2 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Being lazy, where were Lisch and Liddell ranked?

Impressive first class Coach Ford and staff.

I don't think that either of them was a top 100 recruit. Lisch didn't play AAU at all or very little, so he flew under the radar. I'm not sure what Liddell's deal was, but maybe he was slighted due to academics (he had to go to prep school). 

19 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

For sure. If any of the three, Bess, Foreman or Adonys don't perform or get another injury, they can expect to be a grad transfer for a school. I'm gonna say foreman seems more likely now to be a grad transfer. Seems to be the one not talked about by Ford the most, coming off an injury and I haven't seen him hanging with the team out much either. Ford can recruit top players and I think he tried to put a roster together under desperate circumstances. French has Foremans spot next year too it seems. This is all purely speculative though. 

Speculative?,,,,,everything you say is speculative.

mhg

44 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

GOodwin 52 and French 87 in the final ESPN top 100

Not sure how Mark Smith isn't considered a top 100 at this point. Offers from MSU, Kentucky6 and Duke would suggest inclusion.

Which begs another question, what kind of offers would Goodwin and French be getting right now if they were both available. Scary thought.

Just now, kshoe said:

Not sure how Mark Smith isn't considered a top 100 at this point. Offers from MSU, Kentucky6 and Duke would suggest inclusion.

Which begs another question, what kind of offers would Goodwin and French be getting right now if they were both available. Scary thought.

I was wondering the same thing. Definitely one recruit who has benefited from waiting until the spring to commit. Is Michigan State the favorite in that one?

I heard Kansas is targetting Thomas Allen, so another kid who opens back up and gets some blue blood attention.

10 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

if i were a top 100 recruit..... id be the last one to commit in the whole country.... youd have every school out there trying for you 

Agreed to an extent. If one's goal is simply to play at the highest level school possible, waiting till the spring is likely the best strategy. The downside of waiting is that you can always have a disappointing senior year or even worse get hurt. I think the bigger problem though is that by reaching for the highest possible school is that you run a much higher probability of not being good enough for that school and not getting playing time or getting recruited over in following years. There is a lot to be said for finding a not too high, not too low school that provides you plenty of playing time, good teammates, etc.

It could work out great for Mark Smith if he ends up at the one and done basketball factories of Kentucky or Duke but I'd say the likelihood of him having a good college career would be higher at Illinois if he went that route.

34 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I was wondering the same thing. Definitely one recruit who has benefited from waiting until the spring to commit. Is Michigan State the favorite in that one?

I heard Kansas is targetting Thomas Allen, so another kid who opens back up and gets some blue blood attention.

Same here. Michigan State is certainly a finalist and their coaches are out today to make a final push, but in another strange twist, Duke is now coming to visit him. He wanted to commit on 4/12, but the longer he waits, the more bluebloods that get involved. The longer it goes, the worse it looks for Illinois, which was thought to be the favorite, even after Underwood took over.

Thomas Allen is #100 on the final ESPN list. Kansas is recruiting him, yes. Georgetown, VCU, Xavier, Nebraska, Ole Miss, and others are also in pursuit.

Pickett is now a 4 Star player in ESPN's latest rankings.

It looks like that ESPN never got around to rating Mark Smith.  Not that they didn't bother to update his ranking, but they never bothered rating him in the first place.  Because of that he doesn't even make ESPN's list of the top 18 prospects in IL.