Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

56 minutes ago, William Iken said:

Just curious as to why? 4 years instead of missing a year and 3? Former Missouri? Or do you also mean in terms of play? If the latter, any particular reason?

I believe that Pickett has a bigger upside and a lot more potential than Hughes.  Also, from watching a lot of Mizzou basketball last year I wasn't too impressed with Hughes game. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

If Gillmann graduates and leaves, what does that truly accomplish, other than opening a scholarship for a grad transfer or Hines? We already have 2 commits for 2018, so we need 2 scholarships. Otherwise we're signing 2 guys knowing that someone has to leave after next season. 

There will be transfers after next season.  There will be transfers after every season. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

There will be transfers after next season.  There will be transfers after every season. 

I agree but also think that if we already have 2 commits for 2018, it would help in additional recruiting not to already be over signed.  I would think that would really hurt recruiting 2018 kids over the summer if the kid sees SLU is already over committed for 2018.  

Signing two kids now effectively ends any new scholarship offers until the spring when someone transfers.  So talk of Wynston Tabbs, Karrington Davis, Joe Reece, etc. would be moot.  Those guys are most likely committing in the fall.  Tabbs may commit even sooner than that.  If you're hoping they're going to turn down good offers to commit to an oversigned program in the A10, that's not gonna happen.

20 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You got it, the proliferation of transfers has really changed how coaches have to approach recruiting (essentially the roster is never set).

Ford and the coaching staff have done a terrific job of building this roster in just over a year on the job.

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This.  

Kids see guys are being brought in at their position and they start wondering about their playing time.

Kind of places everyone in a weird position, but can't be worried about making kids angry. Gotta keep recruiting and let the top players play 

3 hours ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

58,220 reasons this post is awful. Mods?

Come at me, bro. I'm sure the entire city of Boston would appreciate your newfound sensitivity. I have never once brought up your history on here, but am prepared to post the infamous mugshot if necessary.

Of those 4, I can't see Roby and that doesn't really matter anyways since the point would be scholarship for 2018 kid and his is already spoken for.  What are the eligibility rules with Welmer already sitting out a year and now Bishop may want to apply for medical one?  Can they transfer and sit out a year and not lose a year of eligibility?  Those would be the two Crews recruits so other than that would be Johnson which would surprise me if he did before the season since he is a Ford recruit and got plenty of playing time. 

8 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

I can easily see 2 of those names moving on. 

I cant.

-Bishop no way. This may not be the best reason, but he's closest to the transfer players.  him, AD and Bess go on trips together a lot. 

- JJ, why?  SF has the least depth on the team

-Roby pretty much stated that theres no way he is leaving

-EW is the only 6'8+ player who can play away from the net

39 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I cant.

-Bishop no way. This may not be the best reason, but he's closest to the transfer players.  him, AD and Bess go on trips together a lot. 

This.

I could see EW, the foot injuries have to be a cause for concern and he's obviously not a Ford guy. Coach has been uh, pretty good, at overhauling the roster he inherited from the previous regime. I like his game, but am worried about the injury, any insiders able to quell those thoughts? We've already heard he might miss some games next season, haven't we?

50 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I cant.

Spot on. That's why I was curious who the two could 'easily' be.

4 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I could see EW, the foot injuries have to be a cause for concern and he's obviously not a Ford guy. Coach has been uh, pretty good, at overhauling the roster he inherited from the previous regime. I like his game, but am worried about the injury, any insiders able to quell those thoughts? We've already heard he might miss some games next season, haven't we?

I can't see how he wouldn't miss some games.  He might not be in game shape until Graves is eligible.  (This is my opinion, not based on hearing anything.)

5 hours ago, kshoe said:

I think one source (ESPN?) listed him as a 4 star. The others have him as a 3 star. The time honored tradition with all recruits is for fans to report the highest rating as fact.

Just the facts, ma'am - just the facts ?

Before your time but it's still out there