Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

Luis Santos - PF, 6-9, 266 - Bronx, NY (South Florida)

Visiting: SLU, Fordham.

Latest News: Santos will be visiting SLU and Fordham. (4/7/17)

Scouting Report: Santos is a big-bodied power forward who averaged 17 minutes, 6.2 points, and 4.1 rebounds at South Florida his sophomore year. He's a strong rebounder with good hands. He will be eligible as a junior after sitting out a season. Santos had offers from Seton Hall, Rutgers, Fordham, and Hofstra out of high school. A Dominican immigrant from the Bronx, moving closer to home is part of his motivation behind transferring. He was recruited to USF by Oliver Antigua, who resigned last year.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, I only see that he's visiting SLU and Fordham. He's from the Bronx and reportedly wants to be closer to home, so I'd think he's a Fordham lean at this point. I'll try to watch some video later.

I think the conventional wisdom on Ford's roster construction is true to an extent, that he never signs traditional centers or point guards. The big men he seems to recruit all fit more of a power forward mold, and he likes more of a combo guard handling the ball. I know floor-ready 5s don't grow on trees, but I'd have bet he'd be looking at true post players, given the presence of Foreman and French already.

French can post up but that's not his strength. He's primarily a face up 4 who loves to drive.  And he is an electric finisher.  So if our guards can drive, draw and dish, that's almost an automatic 2.  He's not a guy who you just throw the ball in to if you're struggling to score in the halfcourt.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Luis Santos - PF, 6-9, 266 - Bronx, NY (South Florida)

Visiting: SLU, Fordham.

Latest News: Santos will be visiting SLU and Fordham. (4/7/17)

Scouting Report: Santos is a big-bodied power forward who averaged 17 minutes, 6.2 points, and 4.1 rebounds at South Florida his sophomore year. He's a strong rebounder with good hands. He will be eligible as a junior after sitting out a season. Santos had offers from Seton Hall, Rutgers, Fordham, and Hofstra out of high school. A Dominican immigrant from the Bronx, moving closer to home is part of his motivation behind transferring. He was recruited to USF by Oliver Antigua, who resigned last year.

266??????

2 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

BREAKING: Belleville East 2017 SF Javon Pickett has decommitted from #Illini

Any chance SLU gets involved?

Wow. That is rough. I *think* he was the first in that class to commit. 

I would love for SLU to get involved. He would fit in nicely. 

4 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Can you copy and paste Roy Boy's tweets?

Yea - sorry it didn't work with the link. 

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THE ST. LOUIS AREA?? Now Javon Pickett decommits from Illinois. This is just out of control!

And here's the thing with Javon Pickett. He ain't getting a better opportunity than what he had at Illinois. Was his only HM offer. MORE...

Know this for a fact: you have handlers who DON'T like the new coaching staff at Illinois putting thoughts in these recruits' ears. MORE...

re: previous Tweet--and I know who they are. Can't do it now, but at some point I reserve the right to name names.

Folks...it was a no brainer that Illinois wouldn't release Tilmon before the end of this weekend. The key is what happens next week. MORE...

re: previous Tweet--they shouldn't do it THEN either. In fact, they shouldn't do it at all.

28 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

How many spots does SPUMAC realistically have?  We have at least two, right? Pickett + Tilmon to SLU?  I can dream...

SPUMAC is very willing to toss players off the bus.  The key though, is that they have to have high grade points.  The Tigers can't afford to throw off a player with a GPA below 2.65, else they will be in trouble with the NCAA via APR. 

So the answer to your question is, as many as necessary, with the qualification that they have to be smart players.

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Wow. That is rough. I *think* he was the first in that class to commit. 

I would love for SLU to get involved. He would fit in nicely. 

Aren't Pickett and Goodwin friends? I think Pickett said he was going to try to get Goodwin to join him at U of I when he committed.

6 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Aren't Pickett and Goodwin friends? I think Pickett said he was going to try to get Goodwin to join him at U of I when he committed.

Don't know how good of friends but you are correct about the second part.  “I feel like if I get in early I can help get the ball rolling and bring in guys like Jordan Goodwin and Jeremiah Tilmon who also play in Illinois,” he said.

Link

19 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Don't know how good of friends but you are correct about the second part.  “I feel like if I get in early I can help get the ball rolling and bring in guys like Jordan Goodwin and Jeremiah Tilmon who also play in Illinois,” he said.

Link

Goodwin just retweeted Pickett's decommitment.

I'm taking that as a done deal. Welcome, Javon!