Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Nebraska's top forward, soph  6' 7' Edward Morrow Jr is dumping out of Lincoln.  9.4 ppg and 7.5 rpg.  The Huskers are down three players.  This transferring is getting stupid.

Wow I literally had his verbal commit bio copy and pasted and was about to post haha.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/edward-morrow-jr

The biggest takeaway is that he is from Chicago so somewhat localish. ranked top 60 in HS and has tremendous B10 stats to back it up

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

South Florida offered Raynere Thornton. K-State was out again to watch him work out this week, Clemson was out the previous week, and Memphis earlier this month. All but Clemson have offered.

Isaac Kante is visiting Georgia next weekend. He visited St. Bonaventure last weekend.

4 minutes ago, thetorch said:

He has to have enough credits to graduate High school simply enough.  Each state has different restrictions.

Gordon is not reclassifying.

Which is fine... let him get another year of all around development and then come in and dominate on a team that should definitely be going to the tourney. 

10 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Which is fine... let him get another year of all around development and then come in and dominate on a team that should definitely be going to the tourney. 

Gordon is not close to college ready yet, so that would not be good.

7 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Sure it would.  He's not ready to dominate college right now, but he can play at that level now.

I'm trying very hard to not be homer, but no, he absolutely needs another year of high school. Why would he waste his first year college when he can use high school to fix the same problem.

42 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I'm trying very hard to not be homer, but no, he absolutely needs another year of high school. Why would he waste his first year college when he can use high school to fix the same problem.

-what problem?

14 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-what problem?

He uses his size very well, which obviously can allow you to dominate at the HS level alone. 

Some basic fundamentals really hurt him at times.  Example:  The WG v Vianney game a few weeks ago. he missed 3(!) breakaway lay-ups  in a 5 minute span.  It was real aggravating considering it was playoffs and we were only up a few points.  It might have also been a mental issue as he couldn't decide to dunk it or lay it up mid air. Either way, your 6'8..

Also He really needs to learn how to not foul for absolutely no reason. A ton of stupid fouls that leave you scratching your head. 

He needs to find a shot past 4ft.  He's really good at that 3-4 ft shot, but nothing past that. 

One year of HS could fix all of these problems. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

He uses his size very well, which obviously can allow you to dominate at the HS level alone. 

Some basic fundamentals really hurt him at times.  Example:  The WG v Vianney game a few weeks ago. he missed 3(!) breakaway lay-ups  in a 5 minute span.  It was real aggravating considering it was playoffs and we were only up a few points.  It might have also been a mental issue as he couldn't decide to dunk it or lay it up mid air. Either way, your 6'8..

Also He really needs to learn how to not foul for absolutely no reason. A ton of stupid fouls that leave you scratching your head. 

He needs to find a shot past 4ft.  He's really good at that 3-4 ft shot, but nothing past that. 

One year of HS could fix all of these problems. 

-I take given your user name and your posts that you have seen him play MUCH more than I have, one game I recall is versus CBC at Lindenwood and he shot ft's well in that game so I hoped that translated to the floor game

-interesting you did mention fouls but not of the technical variety

5 hours ago, wgstl said:

Gordon is not close to college ready yet, so that would not be good.

Actually, he is college ready. I did a little research. His fg% was 69.4%.  I don't think he was missing to many uncontested layups. FT% was a respectbe 69.7%. As for fouling too much, he played in 17 games and only committed  41 fouls. Less than 2.5 per game. Hardly a fouling machine. 

10 days to the start of the Spring signing period and things are quiet.  Was hoping to here of some campus visits like from the big center SLU recently offered, Khalea Turner-Moore.  But all is quiet on that front.  So.....who will SLU sign?

7 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

10 days to the start of the Spring signing period and things are quiet.  Was hoping to here of some campus visits like from the big center SLU recently offered, Khalea Turner-Moore.  But all is quiet on that front.  So.....who will SLU sign?

From my sources things have been quiet it terms of visits, but Ford and assistants have been busy recruiting.

Also several contractors have been coming in to look at the new locker-rooms but nothing has started as of yet.

46 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Most good teams run an 8 man rotation

Our 8 so far to START the season

Goodwin

French

Roby

Bess 

Adonys

Foreman

Johnson

Bishop

With Welmer and Graves coming in later in the season

Welmer broke his foot in the charity thing

Same foot as before?  Really like Welmer.  I have him in the rotation depending who signs this Spring.  Would love to get a big like a Turner-Moore.

For a 21 year old or so, active in sports, Welmer seems to have fairly frail foot bones. Wonder why. Ask yourself how many players do you recall having had fractures of both feet while in active play and in the space of a couple of years apart. And this occurred during a charity function? Who were they playing, the Celtics?