Recruiting 2015

Villanova guard Dylan Ennis transferring upon graduation: http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25132818/dylan-ennis-plans-to-transfer-from-villanova-after-graduation

Also, that Lithuanian kid is having a monster game for You People in Evansville right now.

Bobby is a free agent now. He'd be a good video coordinator candidate. Cutting spots telling people what they think.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13, that sounds to me like the silliest question I have yet heard. If you want out and have all requirements for your degree finished you can: a) graduate early (Dec or January early graduation at most schools), B) go on vacation and apply for graduation with your class in May or June, or c) take extra courses, it is not required that you take gut courses, it is up to you really. When I was young I was required to have 120 credits to graduate from college, instead I had many more credit hours and multiple majors when I graduated in 4 years. It all depends on what you want to do with your life.

Now, I keep on mentioning that a graduate degree is a desirable thing. If you have a year of eligibility to play basketball and get a scholarship at a good academic school to play basketball as a grad student, why not do it? In effect you have been given a free pass that pays 50% of your 2 year Masters degree. What can you do with a masters degree? As it turns out quite a lot more than what you can with a college degree. If you can also spend the year playing basketball much the better. Now, I am assuming that if you become a 5th year player you know you are not NBA material. So enjoy the play and the 50% ride on the cost of your masters degree. Make it count, an MBA will make a lot more money for you than an MA in literature will. By the way that is what I would recommend AM to do, get a basketball scholarship and enroll in an MBA.

Can you imagine AM in a high level corporate spot after getting an MBA? Woo Wee...

Not sure he can do that since SLU has an MBA program. He's got to find a school that offers a program we don't have. Philandering? We don't offer that last time I checked.

He needs a specific MBA program that is not covered in SLU. Most schools cover the standard stuff, and then offer a few more specialized programs. I really have no idea what kind of programs, other than the standard ones, are offered at SLU. He has to look into this if he wants to do it.

I'm curious how the terms are defined for these things. I know SIUE has a master's program specifically in speech communication. SLU has several communication grad programs but not one for "speech" specifically. I wonder if a student in McBroom's situation would be allowed to enroll in a program like that. There are probably tons more examples.

Sure it is possible. An MBA school just like a law school, or a grad school of education has any number of specialized programs. You can get programs in anything you want, from international bartering to the development of synthetic trading algorithms. The problem is to find an MBA school that has a suitable specialized program in a university that has a basketball program at D1 or D2 level. You can always defend your position that your desire is to have an MBA in international bartering, and use it to get approval, although this may take some work. Look at it this way: if you find an MBA school with a program in international bartering you can be almost certain that a) very few if any other MBA schools will offer such a program, and B) your basic required courses for the MBA will be the same as everyone else's. You will graduate with an MBA, and you may even be able to switch programs after your basketball scholarship ends. This is not unattainable. I bet that there are any number of MBA special programs available elsewhere that are not offered at the SLU Cook School of Business. It is worth a try.

• 1 month later...

So Crews said a few weeks back (paraphrase)he expects this to be the final roster. Has there been any serious activity for the 2015 class? is it all for 2016 now and Tatum or bust? It might be another long year this coming year...

What happens to Crews if the 2016 class is bust?

Even "if" Tatum commits elsewhere do we have solid backup plans? I know we are pursuing Sneed but who else are we currently recruiting that's strongly considering SLU?

Anyways, it's still Tatum or bust.

How about Tatum or bust as little as possible

I remember this kid. PF from Madison Prep. Had offers from Western Illinois, SIUE, UT-Martin, and eventually Kent State. I thought he'd go with Kent State, but never followed up. Academics?

I remember this kid. PF from Madison Prep. Had offers from Western Illinois, SIUE, UT-Martin, and eventually Kent State. I thought he'd go with Kent State, but never followed up. Academics?

Is this the dude that STL Hoops Insider repped for a long time????

Other sources I have seen have him listed as a Class of 2016, which would make more sense.

He could have been a qualifier out of HS which would mean he could transfer out of juco after his first or second year. Or it could be an error by Winton.

He could have been a qualifier out of HS which would mean he could transfer out of juco after his first or second year. Or it could be an error by Winton.

It could be a case where we would not want him if he is a 2015, but would have "interest" if he is a 2016. I would be surprised if we fill this last available scholarship this spring, unless a 5th year player becomes an option.

Other sources I have seen have him listed as a Class of 2016, which would make more sense.

Agreed. Mizzou has no more scholarships for 2015 so I can't imagine they are recruiting him for that class.