Recruiting - 2014

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about specifics but my classmate is a ND-cult inductee because kid wen there. So I get the ND puke thrown all over me.

Golson pulled some sort of classroom boner --- speculation is al over th eplace and whil eit's never centered on any one thing, it sounds like cheating or plagerism or something along those lines. Even Golson admis to doing something stupid. Beidscheid's situation sound slik ehe's in over his academic head and is trying to shore that up. Which would be needed whether he stayed or left (transfer needs). I don't think the two situations are the same.

As for individual workouts and Beidscheid's practice attendnace, that just sounds odd. Individual sessions are usually done in the fall period, prior to practice officially starting, are they not? Somethin glike maybe two horus a day, one-on-one, with aposition coach or something? Butthen "he's no tengaged in our practices" Brey says. Say what? Ash is redshirting fo rus, isn't he there all the time? Wasn't McBroom? Wasn't Drew? Wasn't Barnett? I kno wShaka referred to th eBurgess kid as hi sbest roster player LAST year while he sat out his redshirt time. That sounds like, to me, the stakes are being pulled up for an encampment move.

And maybe it is Mizzou, what with the academics croppin gup and Mizzou freeing a spot. Intriguing to say the least. In any case, I think Cam's days at South bend are numbered. Not engaged in practice? Really?

spacebarbroken ?

If the kid is getting ready to leave, why would the ND staff work individually with him? Sure, anyone can change their mind, fool their coaches, etc. but this article does not sound like the kid is ready to leave ND. As to ND, most either love it or hate it. As to football, not many options for a top level Catholic school. Boston College comes to mind but no other. As such, I follow/support ND football but not ND basketball. At the same time, the academics are ND really are very, very strong. Are exceptions sometimes made as at all schools? Sure.

Instead, Cam appears more similar to Everett Golson who sat out this Fall for academic reasons but who was re-admitted to ND last week. Of course, the situations are different in that Golson was suspended from ND and Cam was not but I would think they are similar in that they both had academic issues and Golson is now back and I'm thinking Cam will be back next with his team soon.

I'm fairly certain Moytoy has the right take on this and Clock's is off. He will likely be transferring and is just focusing on academics since he has checked out of the basketball program. The question we should be asking is where. Hopefully Transfer U 90 miles to the west doesn't strike again.

• 2 weeks later...

JaVairius Amos-Mays is a new name...ranked a year ago by Chicago Hoops as the 19th best 2014 player in the state. Shooting guard...averaged 18 points a game last year...a la Brett Jolly, Amos-Mays could go either JUCO/prep and be a 2015 recruit. Extremely athletic, he's been the starting QB since sophomore year...

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/high-school/basketball/boys/holiday-classic-studies-move-up-north-chicago-athlete-s-priorities/article_b890e484-6ebd-11e3-bc5e-0019bb2963f4.html

Ekene Anachebe SO 6-9 260 Yes Old Dominion transfer to Southwestern Illinois College - See more at: http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2013#sthash.29iiSOUY.dpuf

anyone know if SLU is interested? Obviously, SWIC recruits for itself; but that close to home the kid must have another move after Junior college?

• 2 weeks later...

Quadree Smith has transferred from Paul VI in Fairfax, Virginia to Potomac High School in Potomac, Maryland. He has also decommitted from UNC-Greensboro. Not totally sure what's going on here, but there were a lot of schools interested in this guy. If we turn out to be one of them (not likely), I'll report back.

Not much word on the Jeff Roberson (Kinkaid HS, Houston) front. We are still showing as having offered, along with Rice, Harvard, and Davidson. Vanderbilt and Tulsa have been out to see him play in the past month. He's playing very, very well.

With Biedscheid off the table, I figured I'd revive the 2014 discussion.

With the last scholarship, we need to focus in on the best JUCO 3s we can find... or the best from prep school.

Agree. No transfer or HS player. With only 7 players (2 seniors, 2 juniors, 3 sophmores) with college experience, we need a JC or prep school recruit. We have plenty of incoming frosh. Any transfer would be no help next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to bump this one again because we still have that sixth spot to fill and the streets have been so quiet regarding what SLU intends to do with it. Another prep school kid? Juco? D-I transfer? Lots of possibilities, but I think priority #1 has to be a wing, a guy who's ready to play a 3 at this level.

Still not much news with that Roberson kid, and the ship on McCaw seems to have sailed. Biedscheid is obviously off the table, though I still think he's making the wrong decision (tool).

I'm going to bump this one again because we still have that sixth spot to fill and the streets have been so quiet regarding what SLU intends to do with it. Another prep school kid? Juco? D-I transfer? Lots of possibilities, but I think priority #1 has to be a wing, a guy who's ready to play a 3 at this level.

Still not much news with that Roberson kid, and the ship on McCaw seems to have sailed. Biedscheid is obviously off the table, though I still think he's making the wrong decision (tool).

He may be thinking the same thing after these last two weeks of watching Mizzou play schoolyard ball and losing to lower tier SEC teams.