Recruiting - 2014

Read in the StL Post that Barnett from CBC is delaying the signing of his LOI to Texas to the Spring. Apparently CBC or at least the coach - Tatum - wants everybody to sign their letters together in the Spring. This sounds fishy to me - I wonder if Texas will wait?

That's a bit odd. I don't have a great understanding of the CBC roster (I haven't gone to see the kids play), but McCaw and Doby, who I thought were the other D1 recruits on the squad, have transferred to a prep school. Unless CBC wants all the school's athletes to sign together, I don't know who would be part of this ceremony.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read in the StL Post that Barnett from CBC is delaying the signing of his LOI to Texas to the Spring. Apparently CBC or at least the coach - Tatum - wants everybody to sign their letters together in the Spring. This sounds fishy to me - I wonder if Texas will wait?

This doesn't make sense and imo Tatum shouldn't be getting involved unless asked. The kid must be having some reservations or I can't imagine his parents wouldn't just say ... yea, right. We're signing today.

I can get some inside scoop from UT's perspective

It's more likely that Tatum realizes the NLI is bad for athletes, especially if the coach is on the hot seat.

Its not necessarily bad for the player. If that is where the player wants to go and he delays signing the NLI, then the school might fill that scholarship with someone else and player A loses out on going to the school he wanted to go to.

Its not necessarily bad for the player. If that is where the player wants to go and he delays signing the NLI, then the school might fill that scholarship with someone else and player A loses out on going to the school he wanted to go to.

Alright. I'll restate my position for this instance.

Tatum probably realizes there is no upside to a highly sought after Top 100 recruit legally binding himself to a fledging program and sinking coach nearly nine months before he actually needs to be on campus.

---

If Barnett waits until the spring he more than likely can go anywhere he wants if Barnes continues to struggle. That's all I was saying.

Very interesting development, indeed. Has anyone confirmed this to be the case with Barnett? Just want to make sure the signing delay is official before speculating too much.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/recruiting/basketball/cbc-s-barnett-will-delay-signing-with-texas-until-spring/article_4dde3490-4bf7-11e3-a379-0019bb30f31a.html

So for our class of five, do we know who will be signing today and who might take another day or two? I know Crews said not all five will be today.

Reynolds: Signing today at 3:30 Central with other Whitney Young players. Confirmed via Twitter.

Thanks. I'm currently searching things on Twitter. Hadn't seen this. So strange, especially given that the rest of the senior class basically transferred out. It has to be because of Barnes' hot seat. I wonder if some tampering may occur over the HS season.

See Lancona a Washington State. You may not be able to go there even if you do sign a LOI. It's pretty bad for the players.

Thanks. I'm currently searching things on Twitter. Hadn't seen this. So strange, especially given that the rest of the senior class basically transferred out. It has to be because of Barnes' hot seat. I wonder if some tampering may occur over the HS season.

It wont be "tampering" since he will not have signed a LOI.

Imagine a website has technical difficulties - who would have thought - call the GOP and maybe Issa will hold a hearing to get to the bottom. These things happen all the time - even to sites that normally function.

I understand that sites go down and that they are going to receive extra traffic today but they had to have been expecting this. Just saying seems like a poor planning for what should be one of your websites time to shine