No news is good news?

slu72

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we ran off VTime. I think his work was done here we learned the lesson he wanted to teach and now he has moved on. Our #1 recruiting requirement is "Can he dunk?" We haven't applied his second rule is the kid local too often but baby steps...

You bastards ran off vtime too. He's a real insider.

I am late to the game, but my impressions is that this is pretty accurate.

I will say though that just because you donate does not mean you have correct information. I have had "insiders" (donors, people within SLU, media) tell me things that did not prove out to be true over the years. Heck, just compare it to your job or life. How often does an outsider know the full story?

David left out the ultimate insider, Triangle and Too. Remember the infamous B. Gregory done deal post, which he overheard in a skybox at old Busch stadium.

When my wife and I were back on campus to catch the Butler and Dayton games, last time was five years ago when Chaifetz opened and we attended the Dayton game, we noticed the sculpture park, We thought it was a dog park (several dogs were in the park running around and christening the statues). We thought that was pretty neat and unique. :D

It is a dog park - Biondi owns dogs and so he likes that idea - it was not intended but just happened.

I thought he wasn't supposed to own anything. So maybe those dogs actually belong to the school. Like the Lexus (is it still a Lexus) and the deluxe golf cart.

It is a dog park - Biondi owns dogs and so he likes that idea - it was not intended but just happened.

I've been staying out of the "what is going on with our head coach" threads because I figured I'd just enjoy the rest of the tournament, be patient, and all that jazz.

But now the tournament is finished, and I am officially impatient. Yes, a part of me can understand that it takes time, that it's likely to work out in the end, that signing recruits is a sign that the ship is still in good shape.

But I'm with those whose gut feelings are starting to gnaw away at them ... c'mon already, we need something!

We have a very patient fan base. Can you imagine if this was happening with any other Top 25 team? Fans and media would be outside of the Athletic Department with pitchforks demanding answers. Outside of Rammer and a few outsiders on this board questioning the delay, not much of a stink has been made. I guess we are supposed to just blindly trust Biondi. :ph34r:

Maybe they're waiting because the new coach ins't quite ready to be bound by NCAA rules and regulations just yet. He's out working recruiting magic. How's that for a theory?

We have a very patient fan base. Can you imagine if this was happening with any other Top 25 team? Fans and media would be outside of the Athletic Department with pitchforks demanding answers. Outside of Rammer and a few outsiders on this board questioning the delay, not much of a stink has been made. I guess we are supposed to just blindly trust Biondi. :ph34r:

Wouldn't that be akin to letting the blind lead the blind? Just asking, no disrespect intended. And while we're on the subject the blind, I always thought Blind Faith was one of Clapton's best groups. Hey, there's nothing else to discuss, so the God of Guitar is in play.

Maybe they're waiting because the new coach ins't quite ready to be bound by NCAA rules and regulations just yet. He's out working recruiting magic. How's that for a theory?

I have no idea how not being named the official head coach would make a difference, but I have now heard that theory posited more than once and at least one time it was not posited as a theory...

That would be a great theory if it's not Crews. Assuming it is Crews that is a moot point, the interim coach is held to the same NCAA recruiting rules. I would assume Crews is the man since Agbeko committed an mentioned him as coach.

SLU needs to get on with announcing the hire, press conference or not for now.

That would be a great theory if it's not Crews. Assuming it is Crews that is a moot point, the interim coach is held to the same NCAA recruiting rules. I would assume Crews is the man since Agbeko committed an mentioned him as coach.

SLU needs to get on with announcing the hire, press conference or not for now.

Nah, they're having too much fun jerking us around.

this would be pretty good if the new coach was somebody completely out of the current slu "family". but even as an "interim" i think crews is bound to the rules and regulations as a represenative of saint louis university.

edit, didnt see trn had already basically made the above response.

Why did pdiddy leave?

if i remember correctly he got very upset at the tone some posters took towards a larry hughes discussion where those posters were not being respectful to larry legend.

Was pdiddy Justin Tatum?

Probably most people think pdiddy was (is) Earl Austin Jr., but I don't think so, based upon the fact that EAJ told me that he reads but doesn't post on the board, though he used to post on an older version under the name Fiona Apple, and upon the fact that at least once pdiddy posted while EAJ was actually doing a Billikens game!

Someone asked Joe Strauss what was going on at SLU regarding the HC. He said his information is that the paper work for the permanent hiring of Coach Crews has been sitting on Fr. Biondi's desk. He closed his question and answer session by saying he was looking for an announcement from SLU tomorrow. Guess we will see if his information is any good.

Someone asked Joe Strauss what was going on at SLU regarding the HC. He said his information is that the paper work for the permanent hiring of Coach Crews has been sitting on Fr. Biondi's desk. He closed his question and answer session by saying he was looking for an announcement from SLU tomorrow. Guess we will see if his information is any good.

When it was announced the other day that Crews would be throwing out the first pitch at the Cardinals game either Friday or Saturday, I figured there was no way that SLU would let him go there as an interim head coach, because that would look really stupid. I guess we'll see in the next few days.