Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the correction Westy.

Us and TCU? Isn't TCU all about football and then baseball and then everything else?

His release does seem a little low and deliberate but I think he looks like a nice player

TCU obviously is not a great program but they are in the Big 12 so it's not horrible.

Furthermore, we need to be realistic about what is available and who we are recruiting against at this point. The top teams in the big conferences are all full up on schollys for 2013 and likely have much of 2014 done already. The interim situation really made any recruiting last summer impossible.

I for one am encouraged by the names we've been hearing. Hopefully we'll land a few of them.

Typing on a tablet. Freshman transfer is what I meant. A year in the system can really help and we don't need 13 next year. Boy, don't you wish we could of redshirted Remeken. And what about Ellis. Sure would have been nice if he did what RM wanted and sat out the first year after getting here so late.

Do we want to be fill up all remaining scholarships this year or sign a couple and wait to get one more offer to hand out when we have better options next fall.

With 5 more to give next year we need to fill all 3, but one can definitely be a transfer and not eligible for next season if there is a quality player available.

Oh My God!!!!!

I don't have it all in front of me nor have the time you do to look it up, but I know Majerus had around only 10 players on scholarship one season. I wonder the average number of scholarships he had per year. I know we lose a lot of guys next year but I think with an interim head coach and for other reasons our recruiting pool won't be what it will be next fall.

Also, when you follow what you said with 5 exclamation marks reminds me of when you said that exact same thing with the same number of exclamation marks when I said SLU and Mizzou need to work on playing every year and starting some form of a rivalry like Marq and Wisco have going. Sure enough Joe Strauss went on to write this article http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/joe-strauss/strauss-slu-vs-mizzou-there-should-be-no-debate/article_b3ed7deb-a4d1-5649-854a-17809a34dcfd.html a few months later

I don't have it all in front of me nor have the time you do to look it up, but I know Majerus had around only 10 players on scholarship one season. I wonder the average number of scholarships he had per year. I know we lose a lot of guys next year but I think with an interim head coach and for other reasons our recruiting pool won't be what it will be next fall.

Also, when you follow what you said with 5 exclamation marks reminds me of when you said that exact same thing with the same number of exclamation marks when I said SLU and Mizzou need to work on playing every year and starting some form of a rivalry like Marq and Wisco have going. Sure enough Joe Strauss went on to write this article http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/joe-strauss/strauss-slu-vs-mizzou-there-should-be-no-debate/article_b3ed7deb-a4d1-5649-854a-17809a34dcfd.html a few months later

Good for you. I'm frustrated because the idea of saving scholarships as well as mizzou/slu is in list of topics that has been beaten to death over the years on this forum.

if we get Price, Djambo and a good point guard I will be very pleased with this year's recruiting class.

We've got McBroom and Mccall for next year. We can wait to get a point guard for 2014. We need Djambo and another big, preferably one who is a very good rebounder.

We've got McBroom and Mccall for next year. We can wait to get a point guard for 2014. We need Djambo and another big, preferably one who is a very good rebounder.

We don't need to fill needs, we need talent.

Get the best players we can get at any position.

We don't need to fill needs, we need talent.

Get the best players we can get at any position.

That is stupid. What good would it do to sign four outstanding guards when we need size. It goes without saying the recruits we sign should have not just talent, but high D1 talent.

Its down to SLU and TCU not Tulsa. Not much difference but just wanted to correct your statement. He looks good in the video, his shot looks a bit different which is a bit shocking considering his dad is Mark Price. Kind of reminds me of Shurna from Northwestern.

i think more of Tulsa historically than TCU in terms of b ball. stepping stone for some good coaches thru the years

TCU obviously is not a great program but they are in the Big 12 so it's not horrible.

Furthermore, we need to be realistic about what is available and who we are recruiting against at this point. The top teams in the big conferences are all full up on schollys for 2013 and likely have much of 2014 done already. The interim situation really made any recruiting last summer impossible.

I for one am encouraged by the names we've been hearing. Hopefully we'll land a few of them.

TCU = D program.....Big 12 bottom feeder....similar to Duq

That is stupid. What good would it do to sign four outstanding guards when we need size. It goes without saying the recruits we sign should have not just talent, but high D1 talent.

Because after this years's juniors graduate we have mcbroom, drew, Crawford, glaze and manning left. Basically one player per position. We need so much of everything now that we should be recruiting the best players possible regardless of position.

Because after this years's juniors graduate we have mcbroom, drew, Crawford, glaze and manning left. Basically one player per position. We need so much of everything now that we should be recruiting the best players possible regardless of position.

I dunno. Saving schollies has really helped out in the past.

When those five guys are sophomores and juniors they will take us to the final four. Don't you think? A frontline of Drew, Glaze, and Manning will sweep the boards and score inside, McBroom will run the point and he and Crawford will score at will from outside. You better believe it. At least three of them will make all conference. You better believe it. Not to worry. Getting Djambo and Price to sign won't hurt. But they will be hard pressed to break into that starting five.