Recruiting - 2013

That is stupid. What good would it do to sign four outstanding guards when we need size. It goes without saying the recruits we sign should have not just talent, but high D1 talent.

LaSalle is in the Sweet Sixteen and plays 4 guards. FGCU is in the Sweet Sixteen and doesnt have anybody big.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a couple guys transferring away from Texas, might be a good place to look for transfers. The one SG started most of the season and averaged 13+ ppg. He's a soph, so a RS next year and then come to play the year after as a RS JR. Only real knock on him is he took plays off, which is a big deal, but a new setting may be able to change that.

LaSalle is in the Sweet Sixteen and plays 4 guards. FGCU is in the Sweet Sixteen and doesnt have anybody big.

We won't make the sweet sixteen with the guards we have and one of the big men we have. They do not shoot accurately enough. Plus, LaSalle's guards are not six feet tall or shorter as our guards are. They have taller guards. I don't know about the Florida Gulf coast guards.

We won't make the sweet sixteen with the guards we have and one of the big men we have. They do not shoot accurately enough. Plus, LaSalle's guards are not six feet tall or shorter as our guards are. They have taller guards. I don't know about the Florida Gulf coast guards.

you're missing the point...getting quality players is more important than filling needs.

this is especially true for the Bills after next season as we will have needs at every position

We just couldn't match the size or athleticism of LaSalle's guards.

We've got McBroom and Mccall for next year. We can wait to get a point guard for 2014. We need Djambo and another big, preferably one who is a very good rebounder.

I don't believe AM is a point guard. So holding off means we go into the 2014-2015 season with only freshman at that position. That would have "down year" written all over it.

Yes, from what I have read about his time at Central Michigan, he is regarded as a point guard. This is from Timmermann's write-up from when AB transferred...

Austin McBroom, a point guard from North Hollywood, Calif., who played last season at Central Michigan, is transferring to SLU.

After sitting out a season, he would be eligible in the 2013-14 season.

The 6-foot-even McBroom was named to the Mid-American Conference all-freshman team last season, averaging 10.9 points and 2.7 assists and started 30 of 31 games. He was fifth in the MAC in free throw shooting at 81.6 percent and fifth in 3-point shooting at 42.1 percent.

alma, you are showing your billikens.com experience. :D

skip was a notorious oklahoma defender back in the day. i suspect he is baiting us on tubbs. dont bite.

alma, you are showing your billikens.com experience. :D

skip was a notorious oklahoma defender back in the day. i suspect he is baiting us on tubbs. dont bite.

I don't remember really defending OU and I would have never defended all the cheating. It's really what changed my allegience from being a life long Sooner fan to the Bills. We really never talked about OU enough to need to defend them except for a few football discussions with Courtside.

And ... of course I was being sarcastic, but I love me some Billy Tubbs. My little brother had TCU season tickets with seats behind the bench and was invited into the locker room on numerous occasions as Billy used to frequent his restaurant. I always had a standing invite to go down and meet him and the team, but never did. I don't know why not though. I wish the chance would come again. When I was in Ok City you could go watch the Sooners practice and he'd have the heat turned up so high you'd sweat just watching. Their were rumors he'd turn the heat up in games so that teams couldn't keep up with OU's running style. I remember the Mizzou game where he took the mic and told the crowd the refs ask that no matter how bad the officiating is you don't throw things on the floor. He got T'd up, OU got hot immediately and won the game. It was hillarious

i agree skip. you indeed pulled back when the controversy started. that is why it took one of us "oldtimers" to point it out.

my favorite tubbism. fans throwing stuff on the court at an oklahoma game after a bad call. Hightower goes over to tubbs and apparently asks him to announce to the fans to stop.

tubbs grabs the microphone and says something to the effect, "no matter how bad the calls continue to be by the referees tonight, please stop throwing stuff on the floor." crowd goes wild, hightower gives tubbs a technical.

tubbs was the original run up the score and crush the opponent guy. for that i hated him. but GD he had some high scoring teams.

i agree skip. you indeed pulled back when the controversy started. that is why it took one of us "oldtimers" to point it out.

my favorite tubbism. fans throwing stuff on the court at an oklahoma game after a bad call. Hightower goes over to tubbs and apparently asks him to announce to the fans to stop.

tubbs grabs the microphone and says something to the effect, "no matter how bad the calls continue to be by the referees tonight, please stop throwing stuff on the floor." crowd goes wild, hightower gives tubbs a technical.

tubbs was the original run up the score and crush the opponent guy. for that i hated him. but GD he had some high scoring teams.

figured as much, boys but never know+ big gap between him and some geezer who was winningest coach on wiki so i was just making sure i wasn't missing something. Wasn't Billy hit jogging cause he had a walkman on way before they were everywhere?