Former SLU volleyball player shot and killed in the CWE

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter was out with her last night. Dude was texting Megan and bothering her last night. Very sad!

After watching the news reports tonight, I can tell you that the police are seeking information like you describe in your post.

This is so tragic. My daughter knew her too & was very upset when she got the news. What in the world could have caused someone to do this? Another idiot who should never have been able to get a gun.

Thoughts & prayers go out to her family & friends.

Tragic. In broad daylight near a busy intersection.

I'm a city guy, lived up North as a kid, lived in the city as an adult and still work there. Haven't ventured into the city unarmed in several years.

I'm a city guy, lived up North as a kid, lived in the city as an adult and still work there. Haven't ventured into the city unarmed in several years.

This didn't happen because she was in the city.

STL paranoia at its finest.

just and awful tragedy. So senseless.

As for the city comments, I lived right around the corner from there in law school and had friends that lived in and near that apartment complex. Never once did I feel unsafe walking through that area unarmed, often inhebriated from poker night at my buddy's place. Senseless violence can happen anywhere.

My condolences to her family and friends.

This is disgusting.

Well, we do not know all of the facts yet but according to multiple witnesses it appears a thug shot her in her car in cold blood. We shall see.

If this is true, I hope he gets the chair and rots in hell.

This tragedy hurts SLU, too.

My condolences to her family and friends.

This is disgusting.

Well, we do not know all of the facts yet but according to multiple witnesses it appears a thug shot her in her car in cold blood. We shall see.

If this is true, I hope he gets the chair and rots in hell.

This tragedy hurts SLU, too.

This story is now getting national attention. Good Morning America ran a small segment today and posted this on their website:

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=17041608

International attention:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2190760/Megan-Boken-Saint-Louis-University-volleyball-star-murdered-car.html

International attention:

http://www.dailymail...rdered-car.html

I believe her brother-in-law (also a SLU alum) is a reporter for the Wall Street Journal, so every bit of national/international exposure might help in piecing together this investigation. Maybe someone will read/watch something and phone the police with a tip? Who knows. In any event, all we can do is be supportive of the Boken and Billiken families as they are grieving in ways many of us will never experience. St. Ignatius - pray for them!