Former SLU volleyball player shot and killed in the CWE

She told them her boyfriend told her he was involved in killing Boken, the sources said.

I would say the police detectives "leaned on" her "pretty heavy" if you know what I mean. If she truly was his girlfriend it wasn't easy to get that info from her. When detectives have a prominent murder to solve they spare no form of persuasion to get the perp. Good for them!

The girlfriend knew all along that her boyfriend was responsible for Boken's murder and didn't come forward to tell police. She only coughed up that info when the police made her realize how much better off she was giving up the info. Yes, I'm sure the police made her choose between herself or her boyfriend.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She told them her boyfriend told her he was involved in killing Boken, the sources said.

I would say the police detectives "leaned on" her "pretty heavy" if you know what I mean. If she truly was his girlfriend it wasn't easy to get that info from her. When detectives have a prominent murder to solve they spare no form of persuasion to get the perp. Good for them!

The girlfriend knew all along that her boyfriend was responsible for Boken's murder and didn't come forward to tell police. She only coughed up that info when the police made her realize how much better off she was giving up the info. Yes, I'm sure the police made her choose between herself or her boyfriend.

Yeah, there's not going to be any reward handed out here. It's a lot different when the police come knocking. And who knows how it all went down (how long she actually knew, how long the police talked to her, etc.). I'm not trying to build her up in any way. Still, she gave him up in the end, and in the climate of "stop snitchin," that's a good thing.

Yeah, there's not going to be any reward handed out here. It's a lot different when the police come knocking. And who knows how it all went down (how long she actually knew, how long the police talked to her, etc.). I'm not trying to build her up in any way. Still, she gave him up in the end, and in the climate of "stop snitchin," that's a good thing.

AHHH, give her the money. That might start a snitching is cool campaign.........

AHHH, give her the money. That might start a snitching is cool campaign.........

i agree. snitching is cool. she's almost assured of being retaliated against, regardless of whether or not she gets the money. i wish she would have stepped forward willingly, but at least they got it out of her.

So deeply sad. May the Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with her, family and friends. Below is story out of local paper.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/suspects-captured-death-st-louis-university-volleyball-player-article-1.1143529

Living here in Otterville we only hear about violent crimes in the big Cities. Worst here is shop-lifting at Wal-Mart and egging houses.

i agree. snitching is cool. she's almost assured of being retaliated against, regardless of whether or not she gets the money. i wish she would have stepped forward willingly, but at least they got it out of her.

I am willing to bet she didn't know about the reward. Has to be kicking herself now, since the result was the same in the end- the cops got the information from her. Then again, turning in your boyfriend and walking away with $31,000 probably puts a pretty big target on your back.

Just in case anyone here hadn't seen, the two suspects were charged Friday afternoon. Johnathan Perkins, 18, was charged with second degree murder, two counts of armed criminal action, and one count of second degree robbery. Keith Esters, 18, was charged with first degree murder, two counts of armed criminal action, and one count of first degree attempted robbery. Neither had a previous criminal record but they're being investigated for other crimes. Both admitted to their roles in Boken's murder.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2012/08/keith_esters_jonathan_perkins_megan_boken_murder_charge.php

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/two-charged-in-megan-boken-s-murder-in-central-west/article_d20ea64a-ee07-11e1-8043-001a4bcf6878.html

I am somewhat reluctant to add this recent article to this thread, but I do think it applies.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/st-louis-woman-reports-robbery-abduction-at-washington-university/article_9ae24692-f1ed-11e1-b48c-001a4bcf6878.html

What I find disturbing is this (concerning an attempted assault in the Compton/Olive parking garage):

"The woman broke free and escaped out of the SUV, but the man again grabbed her and pulled at her clothes near the front of the vehicle, according to police. She screamed, and he ran off. Authorities did not have a detailed description of the man, and a camera in the garage was not operating at the time, according to a police report."

Come on, SLU. We expect you to take every precaution to keep our kids safe. Thank God this woman was able to get away unhurt. But all security cameras on campus should be working. Heck, install some more cameras. Take it from the sculpture budget if you have to. Do we know for sure that the emergency call boxes all work? Let's do what it takes to make SLU a safe place!

My daughter had a minor incident (nothing harassing, nothing dangerous) for which she had to call security from the direct phone in the Lindell garage last year. It didn't work, either.

My daughter (the only one of five to go there) transferred from SLU this semester for reasons unrelated to security or academic environment. A while back I would have been upset, but given the environment over there right now, the only thing that makes me a little sad is that we won't have a nominal college experience in common.

This is getting crazy. I'm about ready to bring my kid home......

From SLU Public Safety:

Information about the following off campus incident is being shared for your general awareness. At about 12:40am, an individual not affiliated with the University, was injured when he was shot while sitting in his vehicle on the 3200 block of Olive near Club Dantes. Shots were fired by an unknown subject from a moving vehicle that fled the scene away from the University. The Metropolitan Police responded and are investigating.

This is getting crazy. I'm about ready to bring my kid home......

From SLU Public Safety:

Information about the following off campus incident is being shared for your general awareness. At about 12:40am, an individual not affiliated with the University, was injured when he was shot while sitting in his vehicle on the 3200 block of Olive near Club Dantes. Shots were fired by an unknown subject from a moving vehicle that fled the scene away from the University. The Metropolitan Police responded and are investigating.

Trouble at Dante's? I'm just shocked. That place always seemed to have nothing but upstanding citizens lurking around it.

• 1 year later...