Harriman

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about employing Manute Bol's corpse as an assistant? He can coach the big men. He is very black. He can recruit from the Dinka tribe. We could have had Luol Deng if Soderberg would have acted on this when he was hired.

It would be okay to bring in a no experience Assistant for one of the positions, but our first priority should be an Assistant who has already been on the recruiting trails and may be able to get recruits he has already been talking to with another school.

Also, don't remember reading it. I know it was said Crews was a one year deal. Is that still the case or will he be back again?

Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports is reporting that Nebraska signed a 7'1 big man from Serbia today named Sergej Vucetic. Goodman credits Harriman for the signing and says the kid had visited Providence and Illinois, Marquette and Vandy were involved in the recruitment.

I have no idea if this kid is any good or if we were ever involved, but the idea of missing out on 7 ft tall recruits that multiple BCS programs are recruiting because Biondi is too freaking cheap to pay the assistants properly makes me wanna puke.

Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports is reporting that Nebraska signed a 7'1 big man from Serbia today named Sergej Vucetic. Goodman credits Harriman for the signing and says the kid had visited Providence and Illinois, Marquette and Vandy were involved in the recruitment.

I have no idea if this kid is any good or if we were ever involved, but the idea of missing out on 7 ft tall recruits that multiple BCS programs are recruiting because Biondi is too freaking cheap to pay the assistants properly makes me wanna puke.

Not just you, Kshoe. If suddenly we see Nebraska in the NCAA w/ a 7 footer from Serbia wreaking havoc and we're out of it, there ought to be a march on Fr. B's residence.

I know he was in China during the Columbus regional, but he should have flown the private jet he was on back to Columbus after he found out we'd put a beating on Messphis.

A good question here is did Harriman suddenly come up with a 7' from Serbia and SLU never knew about him? Doubt that all of a sudden he flew into Yakutsk, Siberia and said, "hey, mate, you should come to friggin' Nebraska because in the winter it's just like Siberia."

If this is true (Harriman was involved), the University should slap him (and Nebraska) with a lawsuit yesterday.

It's also been reported in the past few days that Whitesell and Crews are still on staff. Does this mean they work really cheap? Or is it possible there really is a reasonably decent budget for assistants? (And someone else reported that Coach Harry is getting 2-3 times as much at Nebraska. Does that mean that everyone who's so upset about it is saying we should have doubled or tripled the assistant coaches' salaries?)

Reality check: BCS schools will outspend non-BCS schools.

One of the reasons Nebraska joined the Big 10 was to more than double the amount of sports revenue. Correct me on my figures but I believe each member's share of the Big XII was around $12 million whereas the Big 10 was paying out $27 million. Football is responsible for this newfound revenue stream -- basketball sucess, or lack thereof, means nothing. Sounds like Nebraska and Harriman are benefitting from this new revenue... In contract, we here at SLU are excited (as we should be) about our new revenue steam ($500,000/year for the next 5 years) due to our NCAA Tourney trip while we hope for more a new TV deal which will pay more than the current $1 million while preventing local broadcasts?

If this is true (Harriman was involved), the University should slap him (and Nebraska) with a lawsuit yesterday.

It's also been reported in the past few days that Whitesell and Crews are still on staff. Does this mean they work really cheap? Or is it possible there really is a reasonably decent budget for assistants? (And someone else reported that Coach Harry is getting 2-3 times as much at Nebraska. Does that mean that everyone who's so upset about it is saying we should have doubled or tripled the assistant coaches' salaries?)

Huh? Slap Nebraska with a lawsuit because the coach they hired from us was able to bring in a recruit shortly after leaving? Joe, you have been around long enough to know that is exactly how it works in college sports and this type of thing goes on all the time. A lawsuit, really?

As to the general pay of our other assistants, it has been reported that Majerus has had to pay Crews at least partially out of his own pocket. It has also been reported that most assistants are given a bonus when the team makes the NCAA tourney and yet no bonus was given to our assistants. Add it all up, and yes I believe we have an issue with the amount of pay we are offering our assistant coaches.