it's bad game, teams have them

Duke still really good and smart

Yes, you are a ****** bag, accept it as reality

They were losing one sometime, so it's now

Name a school having Dukes record and academics, you can't

If Duke is bet every game, wins come alot

Priceless.

- Didn't Billiken Roy take the shot for cash one game? -

i shot the halfcourt shots at a girls game in West Pine once. three bangs off the backboard. nothing gentle about that.

i did do the race on the court once for a valentines day game where the winner got a night at a hotel and a dinner somewhere. stupidily i did the pushups correctly and truly did the spin in a circle with the stick 10x while my opponent did a criminal job of both.

i came out of the pushups and spins like a drunken sailor (actually ran into the billiken huddle at the other end) my opponent was finished and checked into his hotel before i even figured out where the basket was.

- I'd also love to have a recap of all the posters who actually announced they were leaving the Board and never coming back, only to return. The ones who made the most dramatic exits were the most entertaining. Sadly, I don't remember exactly all the people who did this.

Off of the top of my head, and this really only includes the last year or so, I think the ones that stand out are:

NH: Made a dramatic post stating that he asked Steve to delete his account as he didn't want to be a distraction to the board anymore. Came back to the board about a month later.

MB73: Made a post stating that he was on the verge of making one last 'F you' post to the whole board and then would leave for good, but never got around to it.

Nate (BillikenReport): Truly did get sick of this board and had Steve delete his account. I believe Clock_Tower pushed him over the edge a few months back. Has not been back since.

DoctorB: Pretty much left the board for good after getting called out at the beginning of last season for trying to take bets that the Billikens would lose specific games, and was even giving point spreads. Had his loyalty to the Bills questioned. Did a kiss off post and has not returned to my knowledge.

05: Didn't actually threaten to leave the board as much as he got banned for 30 days for instigating Metz during the famous 05-Metz War of 2011. Doesn't fit the criteria of what you asked but I don't think anybody mentioned it in this thread. :)

Obviously, there are many others but I can't seem to remember anyone else.

And jimbo, the answer to your question about the guy who kept claiming ACE was homeless and couldn't afford tickets was Postcard, I believe. Back in my lurking days, I remember always seeing that flame war go on between them in GDTs!

Wasn't TreyT3 BT's brother who hated WR and couldn't spell or put together a sentence. He hated RM too. He came back as another user. I will try to find it.

Yep, he was a real dumbass. He made the likes of basketballcountry and postcard look smart... well, not quite, but close.

Wasn't TreyT3 BT's brother who hated WR and couldn't spell or put together a sentence. He hated RM too. He came back as another user. I will try to find it.

Who was 3Jack then? I thought that was BT's brother...

Off of the top of my head, and this really only includes the last year or so, I think the ones that stand out are:

NH: Made a dramatic post stating that he asked Steve to delete his account as he didn't want to be a distraction to the board anymore. Came back to the board about a month later.

MB73: Made a post stating that he was on the verge of making one last 'F you' post to the whole board and then would leave for good, but never got around to it.

Nate (BillikenReport): Truly did get sick of this board and had Steve delete his account. I believe Clock_Tower pushed him over the edge a few months back. Has not been back since.

DoctorB: Pretty much left the board for good after getting called out at the beginning of last season for trying to take bets that the Billikens would lose specific games, and was even giving point spreads. Had his loyalty to the Bills questioned. Did a kiss off post and has not returned to my knowledge.

05: Didn't actually threaten to leave the board as much as he got banned for 30 days for instigating Metz during the famous 05-Metz War of 2011. Doesn't fit the criteria of what you asked but I don't think anybody mentioned it in this thread. :)

Obviously, there are many others but I can't seem to remember anyone else.

And jimbo, the answer to your question about the guy who kept claiming ACE was homeless and couldn't afford tickets was Postcard, I believe. Back in my lurking days, I remember always seeing that flame war go on between them in GDTs!

Dude that banning was weak. Probably the only person to be banned for a one word post

So many secrets being let known to the newbies...

Some thoughts

• The Triangle and Too era really is not getting the attention it deserves. Too / Joey deserves props for introducing himself to me at one of my final games in high school. Too good.
  • While this was on Billikenboard.com, no mention yet of the Registration v. Not-Registration debate. This was back when Nark ran the board, and was the birth of: billikenguest .... subsequently leading to tseugnekillib . Every time I see tseugnekillib, I ask him to come back. Really wish he would. My fault for not being stricter on posters in those days.
  • No mention of the "Offseason Board." I am sure Alumni_Fan and Roy have some "fond" memories of that one. Basically a second board where it was nothing but non-Billiken topics. Basically because political fight after political fight.
  • Not one mention in this thread of "hearing the streets talking." Where is the respect for diddy? My favorite diddy memory occurred off the board. Old Man Taj knows the tale.
  • No mention of my High School Graduation gift. That was a very kind gesture put together by the board. Still have the card.
  • Parents and players posting...it shouldn't be done...but we have had some. Boy did brehms hate Soderberg. And I am pretty sure Nark and Diener argued on the board at one point. Funny thing is my sister is in a book club with Diener's wife now.
  • Metz....who can forget Metz....
  • I am sure the Billikens.com T-Shirt would go for more than $1.89 on eBay. At least $2.17. The shirt is 7 years old. Kids call that "vintage"
Many of the other memories have already been posted. I can only say that I first started reading the board when Nark moved to Rivals.com in 1998. But I know we still have a few from the members.aol.com/davidnark days.

Yearly invasion of Missouri State fans before that game always made for an entertaining week on the board.

And the photos of Methdale fans were priceless. For the newbies, go to that site that has photos of wal-mart shoppers and you'll get an idea of what a true SIUC fan looks like.

So many secrets being let known to the newbies...

Some thoughts

• The Triangle and Too era really is not getting the attention it deserves. Too / Joey deserves props for introducing himself to me at one of my final games in high school. Too good.
  • While this was on Billikenboard.com, no mention yet of the Registration v. Not-Registration debate. This was back when Nark ran the board, and was the birth of: billikenguest .... subsequently leading to tseugnekillib . Every time I see tseugnekillib, I ask him to come back. Really wish he would. My fault for not being stricter on posters in those days.
  • No mention of the "Offseason Board." I am sure Alumni_Fan and Roy have some "fond" memories of that one. Basically a second board where it was nothing but non-Billiken topics. Basically because political fight after political fight.
  • Not one mention in this thread of "hearing the streets talking." Where is the respect for diddy? My favorite diddy memory occurred off the board. Old Man Taj knows the tale.
  • No mention of my High School Graduation gift. That was a very kind gesture put together by the board. Still have the card.
  • Parents and players posting...it shouldn't be done...but we have had some. Boy did brehms hate Soderberg. And I am pretty sure Nark and Diener argued on the board at one point. Funny thing is my sister is in a book club with Diener's wife now.
  • Metz....who can forget Metz....
  • I am sure the Billikens.com T-Shirt would go for more than $1.89 on eBay. At least $2.17. The shirt is 7 years old. Kids call that "vintage"
Many of the other memories have already been posted. I can only say that I first started reading the board when Nark moved to Rivals.com in 1998. But I know we still have a few from the members.aol.com/davidnark days.
Personally, I loved the "debate" on the Offseason Board.