Schedule Update

crymdg2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

billikenbill will, weather permitting, be on hand for the Charlotte game. Two years ago, I think there were 4 Bills fan in attendance in Halton Arena. Why don't we try to double that, or better, this year!

FYI...I think the date on the Arkansas State game is off a day. Should be the 22nd. Thank you for getting this up so quickly. Time to get these on the calendar so the wife can't complain I didn't give notice :).

Fixed. Thanks

(And someone pointed out earlier that I need to update the stats page, I will do that sometime this week.)

The press release says "The Billikens have eight games currently slated for television". Does this include home games on Channel 11? Weren't most home games last year carried on Channel 11 locally?

The 8 games is just the "national" games and include:

Washington, first 2 of Anaheim for sure, New Mexico (what the hell is the Mountain network?), Temple, @ UMass, @ RI, and Xavier.

Simply put, SLU absolutely needs to find a way to get us on local t.v. for the away SIU, Xavier and Dayton games and really they should find a way to make the away Charlotte, St. Joes, LaSalle and Duquesne games also on t.v. If past years is any experience I suspect we'll be looking on the internet for a grainy feed to at least a few of those games...

The 8 games is just the "national" games and include:

Washington, first 2 of Anaheim for sure, New Mexico (what the hell is the Mountain network?), Temple, @ UMass, @ RI, and Xavier.

Simply put, SLU absolutely needs to find a way to get us on local t.v. for the away SIU, Xavier and Dayton games and really they should find a way to make the away Charlotte, St. Joes, LaSalle and Duquesne games also on t.v. If past years is any experience I suspect we'll be looking on the internet for a grainy feed to at least a few of those games...

Last I heard about local TV was that Cheryl Levick was looking into this, that the Board Presidents would be meeting to discuss this and that litigation was possible. :) Since, then I really don't think there has been much of an update. ;)

Last I heard about local TV was that Cheryl Levick was looking into this, that the Board Presidents would be meeting to discuss this and that litigation was possible. :) Since, then I really don't think there has been much of an update. ;)

Sorry to be out of the loop but who is Cheryl and what is the litigation all about?

Sorry to be out of the loop but who is Cheryl and what is the litigation all about?

Cheryl Levick is SLU's former director of athletics. She resigned about four years ago. She was the AD when the A-10 made its television deal with what is now CBS College Sports but hurt SLU's ability to find outlets to show its games.

I really hope we don't fill Dec 10th with another D2 game. I'm sick of that crap.

-at this point i am expecting a visit from the hawks of rockhurst or similar so we can debate, again, if the game counts

-seems too late in the process for something else to fill that date, but being surprised would be a good thing

-at this point i am expecting a visit from the hawks of rockhurst or similar so we can debate, again, if the game counts

-seems too late in the process for something else to fill that date, but being surprised would be a good thing

If we are going to do meaningless game, let's make it interesting.......Lindenwood......

Not trying to stir up the old debate, but, I would much rather have another D1 win than a 3 or 4 point lower RPI. Throw SEMO on there. I feel like these D2 games are a waste of my money as a season ticket holder especially when I drive over an hour just to get to the Fetz.

Not trying to stir up the old debate, but, I would much rather have another D1 win than a 3 or 4 point lower RPI. Throw SEMO on there. I feel like these D2 games are a waste of my money as a season ticket holder especially when I drive over an hour just to get to the Fetz.

-i agree with you to a large degree, semo would be fine with me unless leon powell went for 30 and 15 and lead the indians to a win, that may get vtime back on the board!!!

-but i also understand the requirement for so many home games even if the opponent is less than desired

I don't want a buy game vs a low D1 school. Absolutely nothing to gain and all to lose. Even if the billikens win it hurts our rpi. Go play rockhurst again.

I don't want a buy game vs a low D1 school. Absolutely nothing to gain and all to lose. Even if the billikens win it hurts our rpi. Go play rockhurst again.

That's what Mizzou fans say about schools like SLU. If we're not good enough to beat a low D1 school, we probably won't have postseason aspirations anyway.

That's what Mizzou fans say about schools like SLU. If we're not good enough to beat a low D1 school, we probably won't have postseason aspirations anyway.

+1, bring on Towson at the 'fetz. If we can't beat them at home, then we're foucked anyway.

+1

Also agree with Scoop in that regular season games against lower division programs are a bad deal for season ticket holders. If I want to walk up and pay a few bucks to see it, that's one thing. But when a seat is $450 for 18 games, or $25 per game, a regular season game against a team that doesn't even count is unfair, given that two of those are already exhibition games (which I'm not arguing against).

If this is another non-D1 game, I'd rather have my $50 back for my pair of seats.

Scheduling takes two to tango and I'm sure finding quality buy games is not easy, but based on last year's top 200 rpi, here are a few that I would try that may not require a return game the following year -- Valpo, Oakland, East Tenn., State, Belmont, IUPUI, Furman, Austin Peay, Jacksonville (both on last year's schedule), and Ball State (an old Majerus connection).

BTW, Vermont was #92 last year and Portland #103