Channel 5 News

I think there are alot of naive people on this board, who seemingly refuse to believe that billikens players were involved in this case.

I believe that some good 'ol high-fivin' action left somebody with their feelings hurt. Regrettable? Yes. Unforgivable? No. Who knows what happened?

Is this unforgivable? NSFW.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes

again, "most college guys" are not billikens. they must beheld to a higher standard.

A standard so high that they can't get laid unless they are in a steady relationship. It would be nice, but not realistic.

I would suggest that to protect themselves against false accusations (not saying these are false) everyone film all your sexual encounters.

oh brother. no wonder our society is in the shape it is.

Please explain?

A girl is in a dorm room with two guys at 3am.

Has anyone done anything improper at this point? NO

They have sex.

A girl ALLEGES sexual assault and now you maintain that they "put themselves in this situation."

That's asinine.

We know no other facts.

We don't know if force was involved.

We don't know alcohol was involved.

We don't know drugs were involved.

At this point, all we know is these people were together at 3am in a door room and now she alleges something improper happened.

The vast majority of college students and college athletes have been alone in a room with a member of the opposite sex overnight.

The only way to not ""put themselves in this situation" is to never have sex during their 4 years of college because any girl at anytime can scream "rape".

Accepting a scholarship does not require celibacy.

If these guys did something wrong, I say bury them.

But until we know that something actually occurred, your condemnation of them is absolute bull****.

A standard so high that they can't get laid unless they are in a steady relationship. It would be nice, but not realistic.

I would suggest that to protect themselves against false accusations (not saying these are false) everyone film all your sexual encounters.

Doesnt eveyone already do that?

How else are you supposed to get yourself on youtube bumping uglies with some lot lizard if you dont film it?

This debate of under age drinking and pre marital sex could go on all day. Why dont we all settle down until we hear something concrete? I know the suspense is killing most of the people on here and I think we are making it worse by bickering with each other.

This debate of under age drinking and pre marital sex could go on all day. Why dont we all settle down until we hear something concrete? I know the suspense is killing most of the people on here and I think we are making it worse by bickering with each other.

thanks Backhand

Please explain?

They have sex.

A girl ALLEGES sexual assault and now you maintain that they "put themselves in this situation."

That's asinine.

We know no other facts.

At this point, all we know is these people were together at 3am in a door room and now she alleges something improper happened.

The vast majority of college students and college athletes have been alone in a room with a member of the opposite sex overnight.

The only way to not ""put themselves in this situation" is to never have sex during their 4 years of college because any girl at anytime can scream "rape".

But until we know that something actually occurred, your condemnation of them is absolute bull****.

As someone who's followed Mizzou Basketball over the last 10 years, I will say that when it looks like smoke and smells like smoke there is usually smoke.

I'll certainly wait until the details come out, but I think it's a misnomer that girls scream rape like the boy cried wolf. I don't think it's fair to insinuate subtly that this girl is just looking for attention.

Please explain?

They have sex.

That's asinine.

We know no other facts.

they shouldnt be together in anyone's room at 3 am by themselves. so yes it is improper. the rest of your unbelieveable head shaking questions that go downhill from there ethically, should answer themselves. you need to realize there are consequences for your choices and actions. and because society has apparently in your eyes made it just wonderfully appropriate for casual sex with very young unmarried adults doesnt make it right.

no one has mentioned "celibacy" but you. but if you are asking me if spontaneous casual sex with someone you hardly know is wrong? i say darn right it is wrong. what ever happened to developing relationships and god forbid marriage? you may see my views as old fashioned. i say your views and beliefs are dangerous and a big reason problems like this even occur.

bottom line, i do hold the players accountable for this mess. even if they believe it was all consensual. even if nothing even happened. bottom line had everyone went home about 4 hours earlier. they would all be studying for finals right now and we would be debating whether we should be saving scholarships. you are so wrong. the players were wrong. and hopefully this never ever happens again and our players have learned a lesson.

they shouldnt be together in anyone's room at 3 am by themselves. so yes it is improper. the rest of your unbelieveable head shaking questions that go downhill from there ethically, should answer themselves. you need to realize there are consequences for your choices and actions. and because society has apparently in your eyes made it just wonderfully appropriate for casual sex with very young unmarried adults doesnt make it right.

no one has mentioned "celibacy" but you. but if you are asking me if spontaneous casual sex with someone you hardly know is wrong? i say darn right it is wrong. what ever happened to developing relationships and god forbid marriage? you may see my views as old fashioned. i say your views and beliefs are dangerous and a big reason problems like this even occur.

bottom line, i do hold the players accountable for this mess. even if they believe it was all consensual. even if nothing even happened. bottom line had everyone went home about 4 hours earlier. they would all be studying for finals right now and we would be debating whether we should be saving scholarships. you are so wrong. the players were wrong. and hopefully this never ever happens again and our players have learned a lesson.

I'm not approving the conduct.

But you are essentially saying that by accepting a college scholarship, a player has the duty to follow the morals of billiken roy. That's simply not the case.

They don't even have the duty to follow the morals of the Catholic Church.

SLU pretty much waived that when they hired a divorced coach. (for the record, I don't think his divorce is relevant to anything here at SLU).

As long as what they are doing is legal, I'm not about to impose my morals or your morals on them.

Please explain?

They have sex.

That's asinine.

We know no other facts.

There is more to this then just two players having a menage a trois. There are details showing the players places themselves in this situation and with those details it is hard to believe they are not at fault.

My question is, what if there are no charges and the players not kicked off the team, then is everyone going to act like nothing happened since all the information will probably not come out?

And I doubt there will be charges based on nothing yet and the prominent legal team that will probably attack SLU and the female if charges are pressed and the players are kciked out of school.

but if you are asking me if spontaneous casual sex with someone you hardly know is wrong? i say darn right it is wrong. what ever happened to developing relationships and god forbid marriage?

What makes spontaneous sex wrong? It may not always be the most itelligent decision, but that doesn't make it wrong, does it?

I'm not approving the conduct.

But you are essentially saying that by accepting a college scholarship, a player has the duty to follow the morals of billiken roy. That's simply not the case.

They don't even have the duty to follow the morals of the Catholic Church.

SLU pretty much waived that when they hired a divorced coach. (for the record, I don't think his divorce is relevant to anything here at SLU).

As long as what they are doing is legal, I'm not about to impose my morals or your morals on them.

i actually would hope our program morality standards for slu student athletes are higher than mine. and i would be surprised to find out that there isnt a "duty" to follow some sort of code of conduct.

What makes spontaneous sex wrong? It may not always be the most itelligent decision, but that doesn't make it wrong, does it?

from my viewpoint it is wrong.

i actually would hope our program morality standards for slu student athletes are higher than mine. and i would be surprised to find out that there isnt a "duty" to follow some sort of code of conduct.

i doubt if anybody's morality standards can be higher than yours Roy.

There is more to this then just two players having a menage a trois. There are details showing the players places themselves in this situation and with those details it is hard to believe they are not at fault.

My question is, what if there are no charges and the players not kicked off the team, then is everyone going to act like nothing happened since all the information will probably not come out?

And I doubt there will be charges based on nothing yet and the prominent legal team that will probably attack SLU and the female if charges are pressed and the players are kciked out of school.

Somebody has told you details of what happened that night? Or more rumors? They were called slumors back when I was at school and I suspect its worse now.

Even if no charges are filed, its hard for me to believe this will just be the end of it. Players may get suspended or worse. At the very least, the players involved will never be viewed in the same light again by the Billiken community.

How could they attack SLU if they kick these kids out for violating University conduct? I think it is fairly reasonable to think that even if these guys do not have charges filed against them that their time at SLU may be coming to an end in the near future.

well then it must be wrong

the world would be a much better place if everyone's were as high as BRoy's. Certainly the Catholic Church professes its morals to be that high. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

i doubt if anybody's morality standards can be higher than yours Roy.

Isn't SLU a Catholic institution? What are their teachings on the subject? I don't think Roy is saying anything different than what the church teaches. Are you saying their teachings are false?