Channel 5 News

Channel 5 just had a quick tease about "breaking news" saying that a defense attorney has said that four SLU basketball players may be involved in the SLU sexual assault case. I assume this will be a lead story on the 10 O'Clock news. So much for keeping the story quiet. I wonder if they will name names?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Channel 5 just had a quick tease about "breaking news" saying that a defense attorney has said that four SLU basketball players may be involved in the SLU sexual assault case. I assume this will be a lead story on the 10 O'Clock news. So much for keeping the story quiet. I wonder if they will name names?

Why would a defense attorney be talking about it?

They don't have anything about it on their website...

I'm gonna call bull. If they actually have it, apologies.

Nothing on their website and none of the other local networks have anything, plus the fact a defense attorney wouldn't go talk to the news if no charges have been filed. Things don't add up IMHO.

I'm gonna call bull. If they actually have it, apologies.

Nothing on their website and none of the other local networks have anything, plus the fact a defense attorney wouldn't go talk to the news if no charges have been filed. Things don't add up IMHO.

They've been teasing it all night, including the comments from the defense attorney. No bull. Sorry.

Because lawyers don't have any gotdamn thing better to do.

Wrong.

Even if the kids are completely innocent, and the woman's claims are baseless, kids are taken in and questioned for charges like this they and / or SLU would get a defense attorney. Wouldn't you?

Still might be a huge disaster, just saying....

Wrong.

Even if the kids are completely innocent, and the woman's claims are baseless, kids are taken in and questioned for charges like this they and / or SLU would get a defense attorney. Wouldn't you?

Still might be a huge disaster, just saying....

Yes, I'm sure they had a lawyer that day. But then the lawyer then goes and talks to the media without any formal charges being brought (to date)? It's an ongoing investigation at this point.

Yes, I'm sure they had a lawyer that day. But then the lawyer then goes and talks to the media without any formal charges being brought (to date)? It's an ongoing investigation at this point.

You might be right but still with all the RUMORS a defense attorney would be best to handle the situation.

KSDK is horsesh*t if they put it on the news if no police charges are pressed. Not right to do so.

Worried.

They claim 3 players but did not name them.

Yep, and it is bull**** to put it on the news HEADLINE with no police charges filed, just woman's complaint, unless KSDK has inside info that charges will be filed for certain.

Yeah, I didn't really learn more about this and didn't expect to. 'All' players questioned deny anything that happened was wrong. Obviously the girl claims that there was wrongdoing. It's their word against hers. A lot of investigating/testing/etc is going to be needed, that is for sure.

Yep, and it is bull**** to put it on the news with no charges filed, unless they have inside info that charges will be filed for certain.

They could have done that report on Saturday night quite frankly. They knew it was basketball players then and really that was all that was added from the Saturday report.

You might be right but still with all the RUMORS a defense attorney would be best to handle the situation.

KSDK is horsesh*t if they put it on the news if no police charges are pressed. Not right to do so.

Worried.

That attorney is partners with Scott Rosenbloom.

They are the best defesnse attorney's in the st louis area. They know exactly what they are doing.

I dont know why they would call the media but Im sure they have a plan.

The good news is that if it does go to trial and the accused are innocent they will probably be found not guilty

the bad news is that if it does go to trial and they are guilty they will probably be found not guilty.

Yep, and it is bull**** to put it on the news with no police charges filed, just woman's complaint, unless KSDK has inside info that charges will be filed for certain.

I doubt they know for certain considering the investigation is still ongoing which means the case hasn't been turned over to the prosecutors.

Nothing new here just but the fact that the public will know about it. Can't wait to see my emails tomorrow...

Yep, and it is bull**** to put it on the news HEADLINE with no police charges filed, just woman's complaint, unless KSDK has inside info that charges will be filed for certain.

I agree but you know that their defense would be that they are "trying to make SLU students aware so nothing else happens."

That attorney is partners with Scott Rosenbloom.

They are the best defesnse attorney's in the st louis area. They know exactly what they are doing.

I dont know why they would call the media but Im sure they have a plan.

The good news is that if it does go to trial and the accused are innocent they will probably be found not guilty

the bad news is that if it does go to trial and they are guilty they will probably be found not guilty.

Let's hope we don't have to worry about a trial.

There was no story. It is news at its worst, and Channel 5 is notorious for it. They basically used a local defense attorney to fabricate a non-story (at this point) as a teaser to drive viewers to their newscast. It doesn't mean anything good or bad for this situation.