Welcome Isaiah Swope!!

38 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

Side note, the black unis are so 🔥🔥🔥!

I've been wanting these unis for years. Are these for sale anywhere?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, OkieBilliken said:

HCJS will be on The Press Box @ 11:05 CT

Swope played on one leg the second half of season.  Was averaging 20 ppg before he got hurt.

Pikaar has great range and passing ability.  Not strong enough yet to guard an A10 post player.  Good rim protector.

McCo - combo guard.  Needs to work on his defense and his motor.  Has NBA potential.

Jimerson, Avila and Swope all left $$ on the table by coming to SLU.  Working hand in hand with Chris May on NIL issues.

2 recruits on campus today, 1 more tomorrow, and 2 more Thurs through Sat.  Both transfers and HS in these groups.

AMDG-Unit likes this

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Nice! He can fill it up - during one of the NIT broadcasts, they mentioned he was going to get some work done on his knee in the offseason. Hopefully it is minor and he has a quick, full recovery.

I thought I had heard earlier in the Valley season, that he would need surgery on both of his knees.  Hopefully I heard wrong.

Personally, I would keep nothing from the Ford time, unless Schertz wants to keep it. 

As far as trust goes, I would trust only one thing: games won, particularly those won against highly ranked opponents.

22 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Swope played on one leg the second half of season.  Was averaging 20 ppg before he got hurt.

Pikaar has great range and passing ability.  Not strong enough yet to guard an A10 post player.  Good rim protector.

McCo - combo guard.  Needs to work on his defense and his motor.  Has NBA potential.

Jimerson, Avila and Swope all left $$ on the table by coming to SLU.  Working hand in hand with Chris May on NIL issues.

2 recruits on campus today, 1 more tomorrow, and 2 more Thurs through Sat.  Both transfers and HS in these groups.

Interesting statement from schertz on Avila on interview was Avila was told it would be better for NBA if he stay with schertz system. This kid had a good head on his shoulder

48 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

With 7 players, Schertz’s roster construction already makes way more sense than any of Ford’s full rosters. 

Nobody has said he has done anything wrong just that out of the 6 open schollies he has we still need a pg.

4 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Nobody has said he has done anything wrong just that out of the 6 open schollies he has we still need a pg.

No we don’t.  Mitchell, McCall, and Jett were all combo guards and we were just fine back then.  We will be fine now running the 5 out system.

almaman likes this

48 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Pikaar has great range and passing ability.  Not strong enough yet to guard an A10 post player. Good rim protector.

Specifically a center. Coach said he can guard 1-4 but isn't quite strong enough to guard A10 centers. Also said he has NBA potential.  

7 minutes ago, TRN said:

No we don’t.  Mitchell, McCall, and Jett were all combo guards and we were just fine back then.  We will be fine now running the 5 out system.

All three could play pg and did at times. 

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

All three could play pg and did at times. 

Yes, and Gibby can't. That's the difference. I'm glad Gibby is back and he should be very effective in this system - but the fact that one of the 3 guards doesn't really handle the ball or create much off the bounce, puts a put more emphasis on the need to have more of a ballhandler/distributor - similar to what JLarry did for ISU.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Robbie led Indiana State in assist percentage last season.  I'm not super worried about a traditional PG in the Yuri or Medley mold.  Just need a guard or guard(s) who can shoot well and pass well.  Schertz isn't going to have one guy initiating the offense every time down.

Handles to break presses would be nice. Larry Jr needs to work on his handles and passing. 

5 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

It’s also Swope’s birthday today, fun coincidence. 

Also the start of Passover big day for everyone