NCAA Tournament 2024

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Is Reed Sheppard still a lottery pick after this game?

Yes, but the only reason he is because it is a down draft year.  I love him as a college player, but some pro team is going to take him way too high.  Lack of height, length and top flight athletic ability is a tough thing to make up for NBA for a guy you picking that high.  I don’t mean he will suck as a NBA player.  He would be a good high floor guy late first round pick in a typical NBA draft.   He has a really good skill set and will play for a while in the NBA, but I just have a hard time seeing him turning into what you hope for in a lotto pick.

So did Samford get screwed???

Looked like a block to us, and all the announcers

7 hours ago, BLIKNS said:

So did Samford get screwed???

Looked like a block to us, and all the announcers

Yes they did.   Gift wrapped to save KU.     And this is why we should be going after Bucky as coach after that effort. A guy who actually made the tournament and should have pulled off a stunner.  Way too many hard ons for Schertz around here.

757billiken likes this

2 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

Yes they did.   Gift wrapped to save KU.     And this is why we should be going after Bucky as coach after that effort. A guy who actually made the tournament and should have pulled off a stunner.  Way too many hard ons for Schertz around here.

This what concerns me about this coach search - everyone seems to be all in on Shertz and honestly if they win their next game then we better have been really looking at others and not just start.  I know they say they are talking to other people but you never know with this gang that can't shoot straight at times. 

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

This what concerns me about this coach search - everyone seems to be all in on Shertz and honestly if they win their next game then we better have been really looking at others and not just start.  I know they say they are talking to other people but you never know with this gang that can't shoot straight at times. 

We have limited info that tells us this is done. It's a good source but nothing is done until it's done.  Majerus was the USC coach for 15 minutes once.

I don't trust the AD so I too am nervous. But I do feel there's multiple quality candidates.  I hope there's plan A, B, C.

Anything new on Mack to Vandy? What's the hold up there?

Could UK be opening?  If i were UK, I'd fire Cal.  If they did that's a whole bunch of dominoes.

37 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Exactly.  I mean Josh had a nice season at I-State. Probably should've been in the tournament.  But I mean hes a valley coach with no resume.   Heck if we wanna poach the valley get Jacobson...the guy we should've hired when we got Ford.  He owns a tourney victory over KU

50 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

We have limited info that tells us this is done. It's a good source but nothing is done until it's done.  Majerus was the USC coach for 15 minutes once.

I don't trust the AD so I too am nervous. But I do feel there's multiple quality candidates.  I hope there's plan A, B, C.

Anything new on Mack to Vandy? What's the hold up there?

Could UK be opening?  If i were UK, I'd fire Cal.  If they did that's a whole bunch of dominoes.

I have no idea even what's happening anymore, I've just been cruising on the assumption that we have Schertz, but yeah, as long as Chris May is here, my mind has no confidence.

Post season rules for SLU followers.....

Rule #1....Nothing happens till ISU loses

Rule #2....What about alternative plans and speculation...always follow Rule #1

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I hear ya but come on wild speculation is in the message board constitution

14 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Per Scott H and Frank, NCAA shares are $1.95 M per game.  A10 collected $4M yesterday.

Whats the payout breakdown? Does it all go to the participating team or is there sharing? 

12 minutes ago, willie said:

Whats the payout breakdown? Does it all go to the participating team or is there sharing? 

I think the school keeps 75% and 25% gets distributed to the conference. Amount is payable over 6 years. 

HoosierPal likes this

3 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I hear ya but come on wild speculation is in the message board constitution

Wild speculation on little data is what this board does.  Until a contract is signed, expect more of it.

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

If Rule 2 comes into to play then I fear we will fighting over the scraps.

35 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

If Rule 2 comes into to play then I fear we will fighting over the scraps.

Why would you think that way? Remember we have a decorated AD that will handle all issues effectively to get the best coach for SLU.

TheA_Bomb likes this

31 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Why would you think that way? Remember we have a decorated AD that will handle all issues effectively to get the best coach for SLU.

Ha OG laying the smack down on May. Love it.

I'm in town OG let's go tear up the East Side is Pop's Annex still a thing?  Sauget we're on the way

7 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

rumored $34 M buyout.   that's probably too rich even for Kentucky

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

rumored $34 M buyout.   that's probably too rich even for Kentucky

It's really high but lil ol A10 SLU just paid $10mil.  What's in the Woodford Reserves?  

Cal is done. It's toxic now and he probably can't recover.