• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, billikens747 said:

Per Louisville ESPN radio host - Schertz told him that Dusty May was going to go Louisville but got death threats from Louisville fans (on potentially accepting or rejecting the offer). Apparently Schertz and Dusty May are close. The host is also saying Schertz is likely choice for Louisville. 

I'm not following... Schertz says his friend got death threats, yet he's going to go ahead and accept the job there?

1 minute ago, ACE said:

I'm not following... Schertz says his friend got death threats, yet he's going to go ahead and accept the job there?

Yeah I don't get it either, just relaying what he's saying. 

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

*With Pestello retiring next year, now is the time to get a president in there who will make the Big East their goal. We need someone who sees how valuable a BE landing spot would be not just for the sports programs but for the school in general. I'm sure this was also discussed during conversations with Schertz.

Recently, information came out that we have way too many people on SLU's Board of Trustees (37 to be exact).  Also, several board members are (1) Jesuits from around the country who don't have any apparent connection to SLU (like the President of Fordham and another that is the Treasurer of the Jesuit's Northeast Province), or (2) randos like Holden Thorp (the Editor in Chief of Science Magazine and graduate of North Carolina) or Perry Vyas (owner of a company based in Athens, Georgia and a graduate of Gujarat University).  I totally agree that we need a new President that understands the college sports landscape and the difference that a successful athletic department can have on admissions.  This is why this crazy board make up worries me.

sludevil likes this

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

Correct, and this seems...off. "O my god they said they would kill you?  I think I'll go there then"

13 minutes ago, billikens747 said:

Per Louisville ESPN radio host - Schertz told him that Dusty May was going to go Louisville but got death threats from Louisville fans (on potentially accepting or rejecting the offer). Apparently Schertz and Dusty May are close. The host is also saying Schertz is likely choice for Louisville. 

Schertz can be their choice all they want. I’m gonna go ahead and say they wont be his choice. 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Correct, and this seems...off. "O my god they said they would kill you?  I think I'll go there then"

Not only that but "hey sorry I just told the media that the guy you wanted was receiving threating messages from your fans making them look bad but any chance you can hire me?"

18 minutes ago, ACE said:

The Louisville AD really likes Schertz.  If it was his call, he would have had a deal in place with Schertz before SLU had a chance.  The boosters were a hard no on Schertz.  They think he is too risky of a hire for a program with Louisville's expectations in Louisville's current shape.  They missed out on the boosters top choice.  So now we are seeing a war play out between their AD and their boosters in the media.  A war the AD won't win because they need those boosters to pay the next coach and to continue to pay the two buyouts they are currently paying.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

The Louisville AD really likes Schertz.  If it was his call, he would have had a deal in place with Schertz before SLU had a chance.  The boosters were a hard no on Schertz.  They think he is too risky of a hire for a program with Louisville's expectations in Louisville's current shape.  They missed out on the boosters top choice.  So now we are seeing a war play out between their AD and their boosters in the media.  A war the AD won't win because the need those boosters to pay the next coach and to continue to pay the two buyouts they are currently paying.

So like Frank, if Frank was a millionaire, cared about SLU, and others actually cared about anything he ever said

40 minutes ago, billikens747 said:

Per KFNS radio hosts - Ahearn is the best man for the job and the only acceptable hire for the Billikens. 

Radio hosts don’t know squat. 

I do appreciate the info 747. 

5 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Per KFNS radio hosts - Ahearn is the best man for the job and the only acceptable hire for the Billikens. 

Radio hosts don’t know squat. 

I do appreciate the info 747. 

Fair point. 

Here it is from the horse's mouth

4 hours ago, slufan13 said:

As for assistants, give me an east coast guy, someone from his current staff, and whoever else he likes for the 3rd spot.

I nominate The Wiz for the 3rd spot.  He wil let Schertz know exactly what the Billikens need to do in the game in order to win.

laker119 likes this