GDT: SLU v. St. Bonaventure

Ford showed at the post game interview.

"Guys showed a lot of character, which is sometimes hard to do during adversity."

Paraphrasing

Slowed it down in purpose. Anyone notice we've been running a lot lately? Running got us vs Dayton we ran out of gas. We made SBU guard us by slowing it down.

Rammer, "don't want to keep you too long, I know you got to head to Brooklyn"

Rammer, Brad wanted to come out you ignored him.  

Ford, yeah we were trying to work match ups. We doubled their big man early then turned it off. Because at some point you don't want to give up 3s.

Rammer, Can you get this effort to carry over to conference tournament?

Ford, One game at a time, that's all we can do.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

No. No bundles. What the hell, $12 bucks to see a game. 

It's $15/mo for all 3.  

Nice road win, I’m happy for the kids.

I caught parts of it on the radio while running errands.  Rammer and Earl seemed to be in disbelief in the difference of effort compared to the Dayton game.

So a win on the road over a 1-75 NET team is a Q1 win. Bonnies were #74 going into the game. I’m assuming a loss to us is going to bump them clear out of the top 75. Is the Q1 vs Q2 determination made at the end of the season, or at the time of the win?

Either way, our first Q1 or Q2 win this season.

Not sure what I expected but I was hoping for something. I got to engage in some cougarlicious activities tonight going to Stevie Nicks and Bilie Joel Concert.  Can't be checking the cell.  Come on Chris Mack you could be my Silver Springs

David King likes this

39 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

So a win on the road over a 1-75 NET team is a Q1 win. Bonnies were #74 going into the game. I’m assuming a loss to us is going to bump them clear out of the top 75. Is the Q1 vs Q2 determination made at the end of the season, or at the time of the win?

Either way, our first Q1 or Q2 win this season.

It counts now, but if they get bounced down, it goes to Q2

DeSmetBilliken likes this

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Solid effort today by TeamBlue. Great Double - Double by Medley, whom some say-at least one MBM- is our worst PG in the history of the program. 

Worst scoring freshman point guard, ok.  Worst overall freshman point guard, nah.  He's a good passer.  Not Yuri-level of course, but better than most of our freshman point guards.  

38 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Worst scoring freshman point guard, ok.  Worst overall freshman point guard, nah.  He's a good passer.  Not Yuri-level of course, but better than most of our freshman point guards.  

The data is available, but I have no need to review to see if Medley is the worst scoring PG in Billiken history. He will end up 2nd on Fr assist record. 

30 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

i appreciate the defense of Medley after a win but he is not a point guard that can take us where we want this program to go for that we are need to upgrade (Mitchell.Perry.  H.W   Newberry. J.Jett, J Irving C. Martinez J. Roder) or some like that

Soderball likes this

10 minutes ago, longtimelistenerfirsttimec said:

i appreciate the defense of Medley after a win but he is not a point guard that can take us where we want this program to go for that we are need to upgrade (Mitchell.Perry.  H.W   Newberry. J.Jett, J Irving C. Martinez J. Roder) or some like that

Agreed.  Unless the player proves he is starter quality by year's end, you're always looking to upgrade the point guard position.

Soderball likes this

3 hours ago, TRN said:

This is the most SLU thing ever.  Lame duck coach gets a 6 hour bus ride, if he’s going along with them.

Honestly I never thought they would fly from there.  A bus trip seemed reasonable to me.

6 hours ago, stmdragons said:

“Trust me, nobody wants to play Saint Louis right now.”

Honestly if I was a top seed the Bills would not be a team I would want to be matched up with. 

don't het me wrong they stink but the are capable of putting up 85 any given game. I’d much rather play. Crappy offensive team than crappy defensive team. 

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Solid effort today by TeamBlue. Great Double - Double by Medley, whom at least one MBM said is our worst PG in the history of the program. 

No I said Meadows was worse but together they were the worst point guards on a billiken team.   Quote it right.

Soderball likes this