Transfers - 2024

ACE

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

Feels like maybe we hear of some ISU guys hitting the portal today. Just a hunch. 

I believe interim head coach Graves is meeting with the ISU players today.  Some movement should be expected after that.

I think Hughes is at best average.  I've always wondered why he had no collegiate offers .... was that because all thought him a lock for SLU due to his dad?  I've watched him closely over the season.  While he is athletic, he rarely was an offensive option when the game was in the balance.  We couldn't defend the three yet he was helping out on lane passes only to get burned on threes with the return.  I think he has a place, but at best he and Curcic are really the same player with plusses and minuses affecting both.  One or the other, not both.  I'd keep Hughes, but as the eighth or ninth man.  Fourth guard at best.

@73Billiken:  why not?  Joe Bamisile did it very well for VCU ..... Va Tech, Geedubya, Oklahoma and then VCU.  For what it's worth, Verbal Commits has neither Ezewiro nor Zhang transferring.  They do have Magassa, Parker, medley, Jimerson and van Bussel.  

6 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I think Hughes is at best average.  I've always wondered why he had no collegiate offers .... was that because all thought him a lock for SLU due to his dad?  I've watched him closely over the season.  While he is athletic, he rarely was an offensive option when the game was in the balance.  We couldn't defend the three yet he was helping out on lane passes only to get burned on threes with the return.  I think he has a place, but at best he and Curcic are really the same player with plusses and minuses affecting both.  One or the other, not both.  I'd keep Hughes, but as the eighth or ninth man.  Fourth guard at best.

Hughes is really not athletic for a guard. He rarely beats anyone off the dribble is not good defensively. He can shoot a bit and if he wants to stick around and be the 10th man, fine. If he wants a bigger role, he should transfer.

I wonder if there might be some mutual interest between SLU and Joey Hart.  Schertz recruited him at ISU before he originally committed to UCF and then switched to UK.  Hardly played this season at UK, but the kid can bomb away.

28 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

@73Billiken:  why not?  Joe Bamisile did it very well for VCU ..... Va Tech, Geedubya, Oklahoma and then VCU.  For what it's worth, Verbal Commits has neither Ezewiro nor Zhang transferring.  They do have Magassa, Parker, medley, Jimerson and van Bussel.  

For what it's worth----------------https://247sports.com/season/2024-basketball/transferportal/

27 minutes ago, ACE said:

Larry was the one the ISU reporter said was the least likely to transfer to SLU. We shall see. He's a very solid player.

I think they were claiming he wouldn’t even enter the portal.  It looks like a full exodus of ISU is imminent, which everyone outside of Terre Haute anticipated.

14 hours ago, Bilzz said:

Schertz was a finalist for him at ISU. Re-opened his recruitment today. Could be a coincidence, but probably worth keeping an eye on it.

image.thumb.png.da2d5a9c421d6a6892b11e8f12aea663.png

-get him, how many times will Gus call him by the wrong name?