GDT: SLU v. Duquesne

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Not really. It was just Duquesne running offense plays against a practice D.

By the way thanks for that XtwitterX link last night, Steve. Listened to it for so long after the game that my wife asked me if I was going to talk to her at all on 3 separate occasions. Sending you my legal fee invoice if she leaves me. What the Hellen Keller is that thing called anyways? Pretty sweet feature/format. 

What’s her number? Is there a buyout? 

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Isabell was listening for about half of it. 
Former staff member Michael Wilson listened for the last 3rd

Dalger showed up to listen with like 30 minutes left. 

And Cautilli 

I am just dumbfounded and at a loss for words on what I see in these fiascos.  Parker again fouling a three-point shooter.  Ezewiro letting a righthanded player drive to his right with three seconds to go in the half for a layup.  Force a jumper will ya.  Hughes' usual lone three when the game doesn't matter.  Parker's two-handed shove on an inbound play right in front of the refs.  Medley's inability to be offensive in any way.  (easy on the jokes there).  The expanded hero ball not only from Parker but then Hargrove and Ezewiro late.  Jimmy Clark shut Parker down I guess.

Not only were the announcers spot on, but even the Duquesne players were laughing and yukking it up DURING the game.  For those of us around long enough, the current season is approaching Ekker-esque numbers and similarities.  Weak talent.  Weak fundamentals.  No defense.  With games against Richmond and Dsayton upcoming, plus a trip to Olean, we have all but locked up the PIG for sure and likely as the #15 seed.  

34 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Learning from mistakes is not one of that family's strengths.

I’m sure some random burner account will chime in to defend Ford in the next few days.  All to defend the #15 team in the A10 who still hasn’t hit double digit wins for the season.  

When was the last time SLU didn’t reach 10 wins?  In December. I said 13-14 was our max, I was way off base there… in the wrong way.

7 minutes ago, TRN said:

I’m sure some random burner account will chime in to defend Ford in the next few days.  All to defend the #15 team in the A10 who still hasn’t hit double digit wins for the season.  

When was the last time SLU didn’t reach 10 wins?  In December. I said 13-14 was our max, I was way off base there… in the wrong way.

In 2004-05, Sodie's team had 9 wins.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I didn't get to listen to the whole Spaces session, but one of the discussion points got me thinking:

Did AD May give CTF the huge contract,  thinking that a near-term P5 job for CTF was inevitable, and would result in a huge "buyout" payday for SLU?  

Regardless of AD May's reasoning, it was an awful move.

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

Ford's agent negotiated her prenup, so @Slu let the dogs out? is basically screwed.

Unfortunately, you are correct. I have to pay alimony even if she gets remarried. She also gets my sizable bolo tie collection.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Ha I saw Isabell on there as well as Ross Chaifetz who was getting harassed by Isaac the 2 hours I listened. Thought about chiming in with a "First time listener first time caller" intro but I would have added absolutely nothing of value after that.

It was also depressing discovering how young WPB is. Spit out my Zima when he mentioned the year he was a freshman at SLU. I just assume everyone is older than me.  I still watch pro sports and think those athletes are older than me...

18 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Unfortunately, you are correct. I have to pay alimony even if she gets remarried. She also gets my sizable bolo tie collection.

Ha I saw Isabell on there as well as Ross Chaifetz who was getting harassed by Isaac the 2 hours I listened. Thought about chiming in with a "First time listener first time caller" intro but I would have added absolutely nothing of value after that.

It was also depressing discovering how young WPB is. Spit out my Zima when he mentioned the year he was a freshman at SLU. I just assume everyone is older than me.  I still watch pro sports and think those athletes are older than me...

I'm 34 and still adjusting to the idea that those taller than me are not always older than me. It doesn't go away. 

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

I am just dumbfounded and at a loss for words on what I see in these fiascos.  Parker again fouling a three-point shooter.  Ezewiro letting a righthanded player drive to his right with three seconds to go in the half for a layup.  Force a jumper will ya.  Hughes' usual lone three when the game doesn't matter.  Parker's two-handed shove on an inbound play right in front of the refs.  Medley's inability to be offensive in any way.  (easy on the jokes there).  The expanded hero ball not only from Parker but then Hargrove and Ezewiro late.  Jimmy Clark shut Parker down I guess.

Not only were the announcers spot on, but even the Duquesne players were laughing and yukking it up DURING the game.  For those of us around long enough, the current season is approaching Ekker-esque numbers and similarities.  Weak talent.  Weak fundamentals.  No defense.  With games against Richmond and Dsayton upcoming, plus a trip to Olean, we have all but locked up the PIG for sure and likely as the #15 seed.  

If you’re referring to when Parker set that pick and body checked the guy, I’m shocked he didn’t get called for that. You could hear it and even the announcers commented on it. Interesting watching him last night. He was incredibly frustrated-whether it was the dukes defense, shots not falling or something else-but Parker basically took himself out of the game. 

@Murse15: no.  I’m referring to the four man stack in front of Ford and bench where Parker was at the back coming to the baseline where he put both hands into Grant’s chest and just shoved him.  Got an offensive foul there. 

9 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I get the impression Rammer is pro Ford and blames all this on the players. That's the impression that I get, but I never had to knock on wood.

I could be wrong but it seems like Rammer is real empathetic to Ford and is an accomplice in the excuse game.

Ford needs a Marcus Smart, Bess, Goodwin, Collins to look competent. He can't coach so these high talent players covered his deficiencies.  He was never able to coach now 3 years into NIL he can't recruit either.

I didn't even watch or check the score just enjoyed terrible JV HS baseball on a cool night.

Ramsey is the play by play radio guy. He was sympathetic to soderberg and crews too.

9 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

The late arriving talkers on the spaces are comedy gold, but listening to someone rehash 2-3 talking points covered on the spaces is BRUTAL. 

I'll try to chime in earlier next time.