SLU Baseball 2024

OkieBilliken

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After SLU was up 18-1, I drove down to the U of Memphis to check out their ballpark.  They have been pretty equal to us in the past several years.  Urban campus, not a lot of space….absolutely spectacular baseball facility.  We could have if we had some competent leadership.  

BillTheCat likes this

On 2/23/2024 at 4:41 PM, DirtyRican said:

How in the world did Dayton get Vandy and Wake in the same week!  That is awesome for them.  

ok back to SLU game.

Dayton got Vandy but lost to Wake 14-2 and 9-3, unless by got you mean got them on the schedule.

3 hours ago, OkieBilliken said:

Closer game today.   SLU overcame 3-1 deficit in the 6th.  They blew it open in the 9th.  Tommy Ray struck out 8 before tiring.  Dude is going to be a stud starter.  

Tommy Ray is from my high school and hometown, Quincy Notre Dame, up river in Quincy, same high school as SLU Soccer players Seth and Tanner Anderson. It’s great to see our QND Raiders doing well as SLU Billikens. 

OkieBilliken likes this

Weird thing I noticed is that SLU’s games with WIU are not listed on ESPN’s college baseball scoreboard and the A-10 scoreboard shows no results for either game. How does that happen?

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Weird thing I noticed is that SLU’s games with WIU are not listed on ESPN’s college baseball scoreboard and the A-10 scoreboard shows no results for either game. How does that happen?

Best I can tell on my phone they only have games with a P5 program or ranked team involved mentioned on ESPN… A-10 site I think is just slow.  D1 baseball website is up to speed… their time of year to shine.

SLU scoreless through two.  Wind blowing in hard.  Tyler Fogarty just had a possible homerun knocked down in the wind.   Low scoring game today might be possible.  Charlie Weber already has 3 Ks for SLU and looks good at the start