GDT: SLU v. Hofstra

SluSignGuy

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

Speaking of Ohtani, do you think we could get him to be a Billikens fan and have him fund the BVF?  Maybe a better idea, if the Cardinals ever sign a player to a big free agent contract, we could get him to fund BVF.

This is the kinda out of the box thinking we need. Where are Billikens also popular? Japan. Where is Ohtani from? Japan. It's almost too easy.

CenHudDude likes this

Ohtani will earn over the ten year period (I said earn not get paid.   i understand the Dodgers are putting some of the money to be paid later years like bonilla i guess) but his earnings will amount to about $2.20 a second.  however will he live on that?

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

Ohtani will earn over the ten year period (I said earn not get paid.   i understand the Dodgers are putting some of the money to be paid later years like bonilla i guess) but his earnings will amount to about $2.20 a second.  however will he live on that?

I am sure there is a provision that his estate gets what he is owed.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

Just a guess but he probably likes Ramen. $2.20 gets you about 8 packs.

15 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Just a guess but he probably likes Ramen. $2.20 gets you about 8 packs.

so every 8 seconds he earns lunch of Ramen Noodles.   there are some homeless people in los angeles would love a few seconds of his time.

Did a little bit of a dive into the second half stats and the numbers show there was a high level of basketball being played by both teams in that half. Now whether these are actually good teams or not remains to be seen, but whatever level they’re at provided some entertaing hoops.

The numbers are::

Pts./poss. - SLU 1.31, Hofstra 1.16, excellent compared to a national average of 1.05.

2 pt. FG - SLU 5-13, 38.5%, Hofstra 9-18 - 50%

3pt. FG - 8-14, 57.1%, 4-10, 40%

Turnovers - both with 5, for a TO rate of 15.6% which is excellent. 

Can’t count on that type of 3 pt. shooting and, as TheWiz has pointed out, the 2pt. shooting has to improve. Problem is with the absence of a true post player as Bruce isn’t there yet, and no one able to create their own shot, there may not be a solution to it.

On 12/11/2023 at 8:44 AM, billiken_roy said:

They're deferring $680 million (of the $700 million).  It costs about $250,000 to open a Domino's franchise.  I have it, on good authority, that Shohei is planning on opening 2,720 Domino's locations, in the next 20 years. 

3 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

They're deferring $680 million (of the $700 million).  It costs about $250,000 to open a Domino's franchise.  I have it, on good authority, that Shohei is planning on opening 2,720 Domino's locations, in the next 20 years. 

Peyton is on a lot of the Papa John's commercials and he got paid with franchises. I'm willing to guess Shaq is too.

It's a thing. 

Maybe we can get our next coach a Lion's Choice franchise in Afton.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Peyton is on a lot of the Papa John's commercials and he got paid with franchises. I'm willing to guess Shaq is too.

It's a thing. 

Maybe we can get our next coach a Lion's Choice franchise in Afton.

It's AFFTON. Afton is in Oklahoma.