GDT: SLU v. Wichita State

SluSignGuy

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I am behind in the game, so I had been staying off of this thread. How the heck is that allowed to be reviewed with points taken off of the board after the fact when the call impacted the play from there as we would have had the ball off of the block? I understand reviewing a 2 vs. 3 after the fact, but not a goaltending.

Need to figure something out defensively.

Serious question . How can that be reviewed even though it was the correct call. ? Why can’t you go back and review an obvious travel call ?

TheChosenOne likes this

4 minutes ago, willie said:

Serious question . How can that be reviewed even though it was the correct call. ? Why can’t you go back and review an obvious travel call ?

How the Bills get screwed out of a possession there is just mind blowing. 
That rule has the ability to unfairly change a game. 
At some point a blue blood is going to get hosed like the Bills did tonight and all hell will beak lose.

That call did not cost the Bills the game but it is just crazy that that is allowed to happen. 
It makes no sense 

TheChosenOne likes this

Not only did they take the 2 points away but the blocked shot went to us for rebound.  The ref calling goal tending stopped the play so we don't have the ball.  So they review it and overturn the call.  So when that happens why don't we go back to have possession of the ball - I understand you can't do that so then they should not overturn the call.  Crazy

Just now, David King said:

At this point, Van Bussel is a lot worse than Dalger. But I’m not to crazy about Meadows.

Ford needs to tell SVB two things; chill, and never shoot the ball. I’m ok if SVB comes in for 2 min, knocks bodies around and grabs the rebound. But on offense IF he for the sake of god touches it. He needs to get rid of it right away 

2 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

If the goaltending reversal is allowed, since SLU had possession, at minimum SLU should have been given possession post-reversal. 

Right. It should have to be reviewed in the moment if you are going to allow the play to be reviewed. So the officials would have immediately gone to the monitor, overturned the call, and since SLU gained possession after the block it should have been SLU ball out of bounds with however many seconds on the shot clock. You shouldn’t be able to review something like that after the fact since the play was impacted by the call. Really strange to see that. I have no interest in discussing the game, I’m too beat up after watching Mizzou and then SLU. Good thing I’m currently staying on the beach as long as I don’t decide to drown myself in the ocean tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, David King said:

The season is not over.

From what I saw of Parker, that guy is potential first team A-10. Really need to get Mugassa and/or Ezeriwo. But in 6 weeks, this team could, theoretically, be ready to roll. Likely won’t roll to the Big Dance, but could, at least, be competitive in the A-10.

Holy shite I love this optimism.  

3 minutes ago, David King said:

The season is not over.

From what I saw of Parker, that guy is potential first team A-10. Really need to get Mugassa and/or Ezeriwo. But in 6 weeks, this team could, theoretically, be ready to roll. Likely won’t roll to the Big Dance, but could, at least, be competitive in the A-10.

Agree

Play Bruce as much as possible.   He has serious upside.  

Thames is improving rapidly.  

Not sure if Meadows or Medley is the answer at point.  It might be LHJ.  LHJ has had a slow start but his upside was evident last year

4 minutes ago, David King said:

The season is not over.

Good grief kool aid overdose here.

Parker is good. Stone cold scorer. Not enough to overcome this lack of size, not enough to fix the defensive problems. Ezewiro and mugassa will help but they are not all-american talent and they aren't the physical center we need.

We will beat Dartmouth. Can't say much more than that.

1 minute ago, Dr Bird said:

Agree

Play Bruce as much as possible.   He has serious upside.  

Thames is improving rapidly.  

Not sure if Meadows or Medley is the answer at point.  It might be LHJ.  LHJ has had a slow start but his upside was evident last year

Medley. Is. Not. Big. Enough. To. Play. At. This. Level.

Just so all know for perspective, hughes was sick.   Couldn't even leave locker room at half. 

Thames was battling cramps most of game.

Mike Meadows is playing with some muscle strains in his back.   Every time he comes out of the game he puts on a brace with heat and massage.

And our best player was still sitting out with foot in a boot and using crutches.

And somehow we lost 

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Just so all know for perspective, hughes was sick.   Couldn't even leave locker room at half. 

Thames was battling cramps most of game.

Mike Meadows is playing with some muscle strains in his back.   Every time he comes out of the game he puts on a brace with heat and massage.

And our best player was still sitting out with foot in a boot and using crutches.

And somehow we lost 

There is no excuse for this other than needing to fire Ford, Roy. I was at the game too. I saw it. Fire this guy, we are developing a Crewsplatt 2.0 here.

Just now, Soderball said:

There is no excuse for this other than needing to fire Ford, Roy. I was at the game too. I saw it. Fire this guy, we are developing a Crewsplatt 2.0 here.

He's not gonna get fired anytime soon.  The contract is financially prohibitive to let that happen without a Huge gift from a booster so it's no use to b!tch about it.

Let's at least root for the players

CenHudDude likes this

The team rebounding is atrocious. I saw several times where the opposing team just reached over our backs and took the rebound away. Ezewiro would make a big difference here, but will he ever become eligible?

Kellen looks better and better every game. He’s already an elite defender. Just want him to be a little more selfish on offense. With Sincere out (and Gibson often turning invisible), we need scorers.

i like what we’ve seen from Bruce so far. I know he’s a good outside shooter. Is there a way we can run some plays to get him some outside looks? This would, potentially, pull an opposing big man away from the basket and open up some offensive rebounding opportunities.

TJ is the heart and soul of this team. His second half drove that point home. 

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

He's not gonna get fired anytime soon.  The contract is financially prohibitive to let that happen without a Huge gift from a booster so it's no use to b!tch about it.

Let's at least root for the players

No I will complain about it. Loudly and often.

6 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

The team rebounding is atrocious. I saw several times where the opposing team just reached over our backs and took the rebound away. Ezewiro would make a big difference here, but will he ever become eligible?

Kellen looks better and better every game. He’s already an elite defender. Just want him to be a little more selfish on offense. With Sincere out (and Gibson often turning invisible), we need scorers.

i like what we’ve seen from Bruce so far. I know he’s a good outside shooter. Is there a way we can run some plays to get him some outside looks? This would, potentially, pull an opposing big man away from the basket and open up some offensive rebounding opportunities.

TJ is the heart and soul of this team. His second half drove that point home.

With no true center everyone is playing out of position 

Hargrove playing center, he'd be much better guarding power forward and playing away from basketball.

Dalger and Thames playing power forward, Thames for sure would be better at SF.  

Jimerson guarding small forwards be nice if he was guarding the shooting guard 

The only chance imo we had of being successful with this lineup was play a lot of bodies and play hard and fast on both ends.

That already is subsiding so imo we are headed for a mediocre at best season.

20 wins seems like a stretch.   

Soderball likes this