A10 Men's Tourney Thread

I know Chris May said Travis Ford will be at SLU for a long time….if we lose in A10’s and don’t make NCAA do we really keep Travis? I was thinking about this today…Travis makes more per year than Berube and Marmol. It’ll be 1 NCAA appearance in 7 years at $2.5 million a year. Everyone questioned if Crews could recruit and he couldn’t, the knock on Travis is he could recruit but wasn’t a very good in game coach. Do we only keep him because we think he’s as good as we can get? 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, slu92 said:

I know Chris May said Travis Ford will be at SLU for a long time….if we lose in A10’s and don’t make NCAA do we really keep Travis? I was thinking about this today…Travis makes more per year than Berube and Marmol. It’ll be 1 NCAA appearance in 7 years at $2.5 million a year. Everyone questioned if Crews could recruit and he couldn’t, the knock on Travis is he could recruit but wasn’t a very good in game coach. Do we only keep him because we think he’s as good as we can get? 

Is it really necessary for every thread to be hijacked with this, Steve?

DOC and almaman like this

1 hour ago, slu92 said:

I’m not trying to hijack anything. Please remove it if I violated asking a question related to A10’s this week. 

“A10 Tourney thread” and you do a fire Ford post. No hijacking going on here. Wtf. 

AGB91 likes this

31 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Am I crazy or are these announcers not courtside?

The announcers for the earlier games sounded like they were in outer space covering a different, unnamed sport, I would have hoped that would have changed, but this is USA Networks today and tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

The announcers for the earlier games sounded like they were in outer space covering a different, unnamed sport, I would have hoped that would have changed, but this is USA Networks today and tomorrow 

They're looking through the Palantir in Gondor.

Davidson fairly easy over St. B.  They next play VCU, who beat the Wildcats by 2 at the end of January.  Davidson is on a run, winning 5 of 6.

Of all the players on the floor for both teams, only Loyer is out of eligibility.  But the swinging door could easily make both teams different next season.

6 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

It's only been a few minutes but wow these teams look bad. 

Would we rather have a wing that kills us, or a big that kills us? Thinking playing Richmond is still the preferred.  

2 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

Neal Quinn is absolutely dominating Oduro right now. 

Its us. we're the problem.  Oduros best game this year and last year were both against us. 

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Would we rather have a wing that kills us, or a big that kills us? Thinking playing Richmond is still the preferred.  

Not sure I want play a team on an emotional quest to win a championships for their ailing coach. Although 3 games in 3 days might use up that emotion.

Just now, juniorbill76 said:

Not sure I want play a team on an emotional quest to win a championships for their ailing coach. Although 3 games in 3 days might use up that emotion.

meh.  We thought the same the night we lost to them that they were gonna play strong for their coach at home, maybe they did. They went on to lose 3 straight including losing to the joeys by 16 with out Obinna and Klaczek

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

meh.  We thought the same the night we lost to them that they were gonna play strong for their coach at home, maybe they did. They went on to lose 3 straight including losing to the joeys by 16 with out Obinna and Klaczek

Yea, we want Richmond so much more than we want to see GMU.  Oduro absolutely owns us.