The Bills over RI by 12

The Wiz

3 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

I said a “competitive” D1 team.  I didn’t say Ford let all-conference players walk, I’m just saying he doesn’t use his bench and some of those players move on.  Did Jimmy Bell Jr go for grades? Did he want more playing time?  I’m not going to spend hours trying to look up why someone left, but even if someone doesn’t go on to score 14 points a night doesn’t mean I couldn’t put a roster together and let a quality good D1 coach direct them to be a competitive team—instead of never seeing action on the SLU floor.  Love him or hate him, Carte’are Gordon has skill, KC Hankton, Jimmy Bell, Demarius Jacobs, Phillip Russell, Jordan Nesbitt, Markhi Strickland…some of these guys could have been handled better to get more out of them.  They may not be a top 200 NET team as a collective group, but we saw last night what a sub 200 net team can do against the #2 team in the A10.

I guess I don't understand your point. All I see is the the players who left would field a team ranked worse than those that stayed.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

This has been happening for as long as I can remember.  

stlll upsets me everytime it happens

10 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-what user are people thinking this Banghegotit used to post as?

Old Guy was my first suspicion but the only similarity is posting frequency...and tendency to share dogsh!t opinions. By that criteria he could be almost anyone. 

AGB91 and Bay Area Billiken like this

11 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Old Guy was my first suspicion but the only similarity is posting frequency...and tendency to share dogsh!t opinions. By that criteria he could be almost anyone. 

Sorry to let you guys down but I assure you I am my own person and honestly don’t have any idea who anyone is on this board. 

31 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I guess I don't understand your point. All I see is the the players who left would field a team ranked worse than those that stayed.

Simple point is Travis doesn’t use his complete roster.  I get the fact that your top players get most minutes, but when you run the same people out there that are hurt, ineffective, or just plain bad at times…and you publicly say you won’t hesitate to put player X in the game, that player Y is earning time—SHOW IT. Put them in and don’t pull them after the first mistake.  I swear up until the last couple games when (in my opinion, Travis must have realized he needed anyone with intensity) TJH could score 30 and make a couple mistakes and ford would pull him.

45 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Did he go by “obnoxious?”

Ahhh, you’re liking me!  Honestly I don’t expect everyone to get minutes…just doesn’t happen that way, but unless grades or some personal issues were part of Russel going to SEMO, I would think 17-19ppg and OVC honors would play at SLU.

FF20D04F-F894-45CF-8FC8-470B71D3C796.jpeg

55 minutes ago, DOC said:

SLU athletes are not fans of the basketball program. 

that's funny as the basketball program pays their bills and keeps their team in business.  

AGB91 likes this

11 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Trollkowski?

Because you can’t handle a little criticism about your team? Maybe if some other people would actually be vocal we wouldn’t be in the midst of one tournament in seven years. Go ahead and settle for mediocrity just change the name of the school to Evansville. Embrace that NIT bid pursuit.

7 hours ago, Soderball said:

Look BAB. The amount of money SLU spends to be struggling with this horrible Archie miller team is unacceptable. 200+ NET teams should be getting handled and destroyed. We lost to VCU. We lost the big game.

D2 level $&#@ here. F that. 2.4 million dollars for 1 tourney in 6 years is unacceptable.

This team is never going to get an at-large bid under Ford. We may win the conference tournament. It may happen. It doesn't change the chronic lacklustre performance of this program.

On your logic we should go D2 and dominate every year. What a great win. Have grandma knit the boys a $&#@ing sweater.

To what am I supposed to be looking?

FYI- During my Senior year at SLU there was serious concern SLU was going to drop out of Division 1.  Quite simply, I would not have picked SLU had SLU not been in Division 1.  So no, you could not be farther off base, as in 180 degrees off.

11 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Because you can’t handle a little criticism about your team? Maybe if some other people would actually be vocal we wouldn’t be in the midst of one tournament in seven years. Go ahead and settle for mediocrity just change the name of the school to Evansville. Embrace that NIT bid pursuit.

Well damn who would of thought having idiotic vocal fans was all it took to avoid s2, Covid, and the other bad breaks over the last few years. Wish you could of told us that sooner!

23 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

whoa you have been presenting all along you were a billiken fan and just upset with ford.  now you write the above that is highlighted?

looks like you just exposed you are a troll with a different team you are a fan of and not a billiken fan.  i am done conversing with you now.   blocked

10 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Well damn who would of thought having idiotic vocal fans was all it took to avoid s2, Covid, and the other bad breaks over the last few years. Wish you could of told us that sooner!

Lots of schools have issues off court they have to deal with.  Everyone had Covid issues.  Every team has injuries.  Please just stop with the excuses!  Go back and watch your beta vcr tape of the Grawer years and maybe don’t forget the lotion and Kleenex.

10 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Lots of schools have issues off court they have to deal with.  Everyone had Covid issues.  Every team has injuries.  Please just stop with the excuses!  Go back and watch your beta vcr tape of the Grawer years and maybe don’t forget the lotion and Kleenex.

😂😂 Ya Travis. You should of made the tourny when there was no tourny! 

You act like everyone here is content with how everything is going. We aren't. We just don't post nonsense. 

And I'm going to support the players no matter what. 

Billiken Rich likes this

9 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Do you hold Travis Ford responsible for the team not being in the NCAA Tournament in 2020, when the NCAA Tournament was not held due to Covid?  Just checking.

This goes for all factionistas on this board who keep claiming 7 years.  Are you (plural) aware of the defense of impossibility of performance?  

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

that's funny as the basketball program pays their bills and keeps their team in business.  

It happens at every school that has one sport that carries the financial weight. They are afforded things their athletic peers just don’t get and of course that leads to jealousy. 
Now to say that basketball pays all the athletic bills is way off. They barely pay for themselves. 

25 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Do you hold Travis Ford responsible for the team not being in the NCAA Tournament in 2020, when the NCAA Tournament was not held due to Covid?  Just checking.

This goes for all factionistas on this board who keep claiming 7 years.  Are you (plural) aware of the defense of impossibility of performance?  

I give Ford 3 "pass years". The first 2 digging out of that former coach's mess and the year when there was no tournament to play. So that's NCAA, NIT, NIT, and this year. 

majerus mojo likes this