Hasahn French drafted in G league draft

wgstl

3 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I admit I don't follow the NBA the WNBA nor the G League.  Hasahn graduated in 2021.  Why is he only being drafted now?  Seems a year late.  Not complaining, just curious.

The G league draft is not the primary way to build your roster.  It starts with the 2 way players.  The the affiliated players, players that go to training camp and sign exhibit 10 contracts, usually 4-6 a team.  Then you have returning players that the respective G League team chooses to resign.  The draft is the final piece.  there are almost no rules for eligibility, only that a G league team doesn't own your rights.  The league signs you, puts you into a pool of available players and if you are lucky you get drafted.  There were over 200 players who made themselves eligible, only 80 and change were drafted.  The draft pool is a mix of first time eligibles who failed to get noticed by an NBA team, veteran guys who failed to make a roster and are free agents, or guys returning from foreign leagues who;d rather give the G league a try.

905 plays the Go Go's early Nov.  If Goodwin hasn't seen any or much action with the Wiz, he may play against his old teammate.

Sat, Nov 5

7:00 pm ET

Raptors 905

Capital City go-go

Entertainment and Sports Arena, Washington, DC

Sun, Nov 6

3:00 pm ET

Raptors 905

Capital City go-go

Entertainment and Sports Arena, Washington, DC

8 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I admit I don't follow the NBA the WNBA nor the G League.  Hasahn graduated in 2021.  Why is he only being drafted now?  Seems a year late.  Not complaining, just curious.

I believe, that is what I read in this blog, he played for at least part of a season for a team in Slovenia and was terminated because he could not connect FTs. As far as I know he tried again for football with no results and did some gigs as a model before going to the G league. Yes, he still has a  problem with FTs.

• 1 month later...

French was cut by the Raptors G League before training camp ended.

The BBL has been a low level league for a while.  McCall was very successful there for 3 years.  It looks like the league is opening its pocketbooks and has acquired some more talent.

Sam Dekker, Kosta Koufos, VI King, Larry Austin, Maurice Evans, Anthony Roberson are some of the top import names.

French steps into a pressure filled situation.  

Newcastle is the top franchise in the league, basically the BBL Lakers, but have been down for a season or two.  Their fans are restless.  Their coach also took over the UK's mens team, so he must be doing something right.  The Eagles have no inside game, zero rebounding or rim protection.  French didn't start his first game but ended up with heavy minutes and although they lost French brought them back from a 10 point deficit to single digits before they flamed out in the 4th quarter.

rgbilliken likes this