Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly

thetorch

5 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I always thought there was going to be some contraction within the NBA.  Too many franchises, too many bad teams, too many bad owners.  My buddy once won tickets to a Wizards game in DC.  Face value on the ticket was $40 and they were in the last row of the arena, upper bowl end zone.  The freaking Wizards!  The NBA has had a more nomadic history than the other leagues.  Cincinnati.  Omaha.  St. Louis.  Fort Wayne.  Buffalo.  San Francisco.  San Diego.  Vancouver.  Seattle.  Syracuse.  Rochester.  Baltimore.  Pittsburgh.  I was saw Wilt and the 76ers play a home game in Hershey, PA.  I also find it amazing teams in Sacramento, Salt Lake City and Oklahoma City survive.  Must be the TV contracts propping them up because the money they pay some of these bigger buffoons is downright criminal.  

Not only did Wilt and the 76ers play a home game in Hershey, PA, Wilt scored a mere 100 points in that game.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CenHudDude said:

Not only did Wilt and the 76ers play a home game in Hershey, PA, Wilt scored a mere 100 points in that game.

Wilt wasn’t playing for the 76ers, he was playing for the Warriors in that game. Wilt never played a regular season game in Hershey as a member of the 76ers.

CenHudDude likes this

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Wilt wasn’t playing for the 76ers, he was playing for the Warriors in that game. Wilt never played a regular season game in Hershey as a member of the 76ers.

What you posted is true, but it probably confuses a few people.  The Philly team's nickname was the Warriors in 1962 when Wilt scored 100.  The following year the Warriors moved to San Francisco, and the Syracuse Nationals moved to Philly and took the name of the 76er's.  (More context:  Chamberlain went with the team to SF, but was traded to the 76'er's in 1965.  He was born in Philly.)

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

What you posted is true, but it probably confuses a few people.  The Philly team's nickname was the Warriors in 1962 when Wilt scored 100.  The following year the Warriors moved to San Francisco, and the Syracuse Nationals moved to Philly and took the name of the 76er's.  (More context:  Chamberlain went with the team to SF, but was traded to the 76'er's in 1965.  He was born in Philly.)

Thanks for the explanation.  All the NBA moves get confusing this many years later.

On 2/13/2024 at 7:07 AM, Lord Elrond said:

The NBA sure has some horribly run franchises. 

If your referring to Memphis, last few years they were actually pretty good.

2022-23 they were 51-31 (2nd place in the West)

2022-21 they were 56-26 (2nd best record in the NBA)

Wish my Knicks had season records like that.

3 hours ago, MusicCityBilliken said:

.611 win% and 4th place in east isn't too bad this year!

1 hour ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

.611 win% and 4th place in east isn't too bad this year!

I agree, this year has been good, will see. They broken my heart many a times.

I go back 50 plus years to the Reed/Frazier/DeBusschere/Bradley/Monroe-Barnett years and I can honestly say since then, 'it's hard being a Knicks fan".

93sporty likes this

not round here much fair-weather my MO. switch on 2c if Grizzly game is on FSM & their's JG slamming down for the Grizzlies :):):)

only reason following NBA & MBM is JG & now can watch all his games. Of course I'm now paying Uverse about 9$ a day for that but oh well. he should get ton of minutes there

11 hours ago, MusicCityBilliken said:

Grizzlies were on the cusp of being the next great team.  Front Office let the Ja Morant situation go on far too long.  They have known about his personal issues for quite a while.  I'd say a franchise who let the most exciting young player in the league, who also knew how to win, deteriorate into an oft injured or suspended wannabe gangster malcontent that is a huge failure.  We've seen this game play out many times.  Morant will never be the same.  Grizzlies will be lottery losers for years now and get to watch upstarts like OKC, Sacramento, & Minnesota ride their young stars into the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, MusicCityBilliken said:

I agree, this year has been good, will see. They broken my heart many a times.

I go back 50 plus years to the Reed/Frazier/DeBusschere/Bradley/Monroe-Barnett years and I can honestly say since then, 'it's hard being a Knicks fan".

The Knicks were good in the 1990s - 8th best record in the league for the decade - but the two losses in the Finals were painful. Riley should never have benched Anthony Bonner during the playoffs in '94.

Watched most of Goodwin's performance tonight.  He played 24 minutes, all of the 4th quarter, and scored 10.  He played both PG and SG, as Derrick Rose was handling the Point for the second unit when he was on the floor.  Still Goodwin had 4 assists and no TO.  He did have a nice steal. Four of 8 from the field, including 1 of 2 from three, but only 1 of 4 from the FT.  Three boards.

His man assignment was A. Holiday for most of the time he was on the floor.  Aaron tied with 3 others as the Rocket's leading scorer with 19. 

Good initial game for Jordan, not knowing his new teammates and not knowing the plays.  If you buy into the plus minus, Goodwin tied for the top the Griz at +12.  Griz won by the way.  

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Watched most of Goodwin's performance tonight.  He played 24 minutes, all of the 4th quarter, and scored 10.  He played both PG and SG, as Derrick Rose was handling the Point for the second unit when he was on the floor.  Still Goodwin had 4 assists and no TO.  He did have a nice steal. Four of 8 from the field, including 1 of 2 from three, but only 1 of 4 from the FT.  Three boards.

His man assignment was A. Holiday for most of the time he was on the floor.  Aaron tied with 3 others as the Rocket's leading scorer with 19. 

Good initial game for Jordan, not knowing his new teammates and not knowing the plays.  If you buy into the plus minus, Goodwin tied for the top the Griz at +12.  Griz won by the way.  

I think they snapped a long losing streak as well.   Great first game of Jordan! 

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

Playing for the Suns sounds better, but they are underachieving and he wasn't playing, so finishing the season with Memphis and getting minutes he wouldn't get in Phoenix seems to be a great deal for JG (if he sticks). If you go watch him play now, he's nearby and may see significant time. On a side note... looking back, I think the leadership of Goodwin, French and Bess hid a lot of the Ford issues that have surfaced since they left.   

15 hours ago, thetorch said:

Grizzlies were on the cusp of being the next great team.  Front Office let the Ja Morant situation go on far too long.  They have known about his personal issues for quite a while.  I'd say a franchise who let the most exciting young player in the league, who also knew how to win, deteriorate into an oft injured or suspended wannabe gangster malcontent that is a huge failure.  We've seen this game play out many times.  Morant will never be the same.  Grizzlies will be lottery losers for years now and get to watch upstarts like OKC, Sacramento, & Minnesota ride their young stars into the playoffs. 

So are you saying that it is the Grizzlies' front office that is responsible for Ja Morant's situation and not Ja Morant?

5 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

So are you saying that it is the Grizzlies' front office that is responsible for Ja Morant's situation and not Ja Morant?

Grizzlies knew about Morant's issues way before the league or the general public did.  Instead of disciplining him, they let it get out of control.  They also could have traded him or not extended him as they did, again they knew he was a walking timebomb.  

Looks like Memphis is giving him a real hard look.  Hopefully they will sign him to a regular contract for the rest of the year, if not, then he is auditioning for the rest of the NBA teams. I hope he really plays well tonight.

17 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Looks like Memphis is giving him a real hard look.  Hopefully they will sign him to a regular contract for the rest of the year, if not, then he is auditioning for the rest of the NBA teams. I hope he really plays well tonight.

Leading team in minutes(23) tonight with 5 left in the 3rd