GDT: Senior Day vs VCU

3 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Nesbitt was out of control when he was in. I’m a huge fan of his, but this was not a good matchup for him.

Given the opportunity, Nesbitt would have excelled in this matchup, especially the 2 on 1 front court breaks VCWho allowed with its backcourt traps. Nesbitt is a forward on this roster with the ability to finish.

7 minutes is insufficient.

billiken_roy likes this

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Don’t assume things without basis. I watched the game until Espn2 cut it off with 1 second left. 

The yanks have to go, are counterproductive. 7 minutes for a 4 star recruit is insufficient. Period.

Then you should know he didn’t excel in this matchup and was pulled because of it. 

1 minute ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Don’t assume things without basis. I watched the game until Espn2 cut it off with 1 second left. 

The yanks have to go, are counterproductive. 7 minutes for a 4 star recruit is insufficient. Period.

Agree Bay Area it is a mystery of why he did not play.

Nesbitt > Hargrove so that really adds to the mystery.  Hargrove and Nesbitt had 2 turnovers a piece.

25 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Then you should know he didn’t excel in this matchup and was pulled because of it. 

He wasn’t given the opportunity. 7 minutes is insufficient. 
SLU had 18 turnovers, only 2 of them by Nesbitt, and also 2 by Hargrove, so 4 by the 2 forwards in 22 minutes total. That’s 14 turnovers by other players. Were their minutes cut for being “out of control” or otherwise? Answer: No.

I believe Nesbitt would have helped in the 2nd Half as the finisher at the hoop in 2 on 1’s after the VCU backcourt trap was broken, had he been given the chance.

7 minutes ago, drkelsey55 said:

J Nez made a a full court pass over the head GJ. A play later he ws called for charging while trying to back in under the basket got pulled and never returned.

I am surprised he didn’t play in the second half, but this account is definitely true. I was surprised that he wasn’t immediately pulled for the pass. It was a crazy bad decision. Kern made some bad decisions. Maybe they were both a little too excited to face each other.

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

My takeaway is Hargrove is transferring

No big deal.  He hasn't been worth a cr@p since TJH Sr. shot his mouth off.   

For all you "where is JN" posters, you can't play out of control like he was today.  Really disappointed  in him, so much raw ability.  I really thought he would be our best player this year but by this point in the year he has not learned anything other than tapping his chest when he makes one of his careless mistakes.

We need a another grad transfer PG to fill the D Jones role. and we better hope JP comes back because none of our recruits are going to be difference makers next year.

38 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

BAB , you have a real hangup re JN.  He was out of control and against an aggressive defense like VCU, he might have set a record for turnovers.  Hopefully he learns how to play basketball in the next few years not just relying on his physical abilities.

22 minutes ago, bauman said:

No big deal.  He hasn't been worth a cr@p since TJH Sr. shot his mouth off.   

For all you "where is JN" posters, you can't play out of control like he was today.  Really disappointed  in him, so much raw ability.  I really thought he would be our best player this year but by this point in the year he has not learned anything other than tapping his chest when he makes one of his careless mistakes.

We need a another grad transfer PG to fill the D Jones role. and we better hope JP comes back because none of our recruits are going to be difference makers next year.

This ain’t it. It’s one thing to be cynical, but wow. Even if you do think TJ won’t be productive going forward (I strongly disagree), maybe try to keep that to yourself. I know you’ve been here for a while and I know you know better, but we don’t speculate about transfers here with current players. Be respectful. TJ has been a great Billiken (and I hope he continues to be) and you should show some respect. 

and blatantly disrespectful to incoming recruits, Yikes!

I’ve seen some bad posts from our people on here but this takes the cake

NoCoBillsFan and CBFan like this

10 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

This ain’t it. It’s one thing to be cynical, but wow. Even if you do think TJ won’t be productive going forward (I strongly disagree), maybe try to keep that to yourself. I know you’ve been here for a while and I know you know better, but we don’t speculate about transfers here with current players. Be respectful. TJ has been a great Billiken (and I hope he continues to be) and you should show some respect. 

and blatantly disrespectful to incoming recruits, Yikes!

I’ve seen some bad posts from our people on here but this takes the cake

Seriously. Why are we bashing two of the most likable players on the team after a win? And while TJ has been disappointing as of late and JNes can be out of control at times, they are still extremely talented outside of their athletic abilities and bring good things to the team.

35 minutes ago, bauman said:

BAB , you have a real hangup re JN.  He was out of control and against an aggressive defense like VCU, he might have set a record for turnovers.  Hopefully he learns how to play basketball in the next few years not just relying on his physical abilities.

Is the 7 minute sample size sufficient in your view for you to pass this judgment?  Frankly, I’m hoping we hear or read an alternate explanation besides two plays. 

A well rounded, successful D-1 basketball program requires productive and contributing Forwards. 

SLU needs a finisher against pressure defenses. The one we have is not going to finish sitting on the bench. 

16 minutes ago, bauman said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXpdIl_jFPF/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZN0EHkB9no/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaAtER3AVtQ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Clearly, any guy doing these sorts of moves  doesn’t know how to play basketball and only relies on physical ability. 

rgbilliken likes this

38 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXpdIl_jFPF/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZN0EHkB9no/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaAtER3AVtQ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Clearly, any guy doing these sorts of moves  doesn’t know how to play basketball and only relies on physical ability. 

Excellent post. Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Excellent post. Thank you.

Nesbitt looked really good shooting 3 pointers in the shoot around before the game.  Jordan rarely missed.  I would have liked to see more Jordan shooting 3 pointers in the game today.