SLU Women's Soccer Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Midtown Madness said:

Where am I gaslighting or distracting. You actively stated I wasn’t at the game. You keep telling people they can just ask you, can’t imagine why they wouldn’t want to…..

Let’s make this the last exchange in the soccer thread. That’s why people are here. Happy to take it elsewhere.

Nowhere above did I say you weren’t at the game. You keep focusing on that because everything else is bad for you, again.

I did say you tweeted to Stu Durando that you had a “representative” at the game because he tweeted that he wasn’t there. I attached that tweet above.

The point which has now evaded you several times, is what good is it to have someone at the game as a “representative,” when that “representative” doesn’t obtain the most important thing about the exhibition game. 

Not that it’s not a surprise. You don’t do the work. When you cut corners, make mistakes, get called out on it, you are just two fans chatting it up. But at the same time you want to be respected by people like Stu and anyone else.

It’s their 3rd class of 2025 commit. 

Again, if you spent less time competing, and more time doing the work, you would make less mistakes. 

Free SLU Soccer. 

6 hours ago, Midtown Madness said:

Where am I gaslighting or distracting. You actively stated I wasn’t at the game. You keep telling people they can just ask you, can’t imagine why they wouldn’t want to…..

FORGET ELON AND ZUCK..........PISTOL VS COURTSIDE..........PLEASE SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm the cheapest sob there is and I'll go 4 figures to the BVF to make this happen...........

TheChosenOne likes this

9 hours ago, courtside said:

Let’s make this the last exchange in the soccer thread. That’s why people are here. Happy to take it elsewhere.

Nowhere above did I say you weren’t at the game. You keep focusing on that because everything else is bad for you, again.

I did say you tweeted to Stu Durando that you had a “representative” at the game because he tweeted that he wasn’t there. I attached that tweet above.

The point which has now evaded you several times, is what good is it to have someone at the game as a “representative,” when that “representative” doesn’t obtain the most important thing about the exhibition game. 

Not that it’s not a surprise. You don’t do the work. When you cut corners, make mistakes, get called out on it, you are just two fans chatting it up. But at the same time you want to be respected by people like Stu and anyone else.

It’s their 3rd class of 2025 commit. 

Again, if you spent less time competing, and more time doing the work, you would make less mistakes. 

Free SLU Soccer. 

Why are visiting recruits the most important thing about an exhibition game? It may be for you. It isn't for me and 90% of the people who are fans of the program. On field results are what matters.

Who exactly do you think is competing in Billikens Womens soccer coverage or Billikens coverage in general? Are you competing against someone? Who exactly is this person or persons?

This is not directed at Courtside but at Steve. Is this thread only to have posts from Courtside in it? Any posts by other people are either responded to by courtside with a derision that just isn't tolerated on the rest of the board or the posts are deleted. Seems to me if this policy is continued that this thread should be in a separate forum moderated outside of this board. Otherwise hands off. Courtside has trolled long enough. Let the board deal with him or set up his own sandbox to play in. 

11 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

FORGET ELON AND ZUCK..........PISTOL VS COURTSIDE..........PLEASE SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm the cheapest sob there is and I'll go 4 figures to the BVF to make this happen...........

You are anything if not a dedicated SLU Soccer thread reader. That’s great. Trolling isn’t the most productive self esteem strategy for yourself or others. It slows and limits the topic discussion you seek here so frequently. And if anything, it sounds exhausting. 

I don’t think you understand how being an internet tough guy works. You volunteer yourself not others. Besides, Pete and Zach aren’t exactly big dudes. (No offense Pete and Zach) So can i volunteer yourself. That seems fair.

You’re in luck. I’m in town today. I do have a fundraiser to attend this evening. But I can rearrange my schedule and make time for you late this afternoon to accommodate your needs. Message me and we’ll work out the details. I’ll copy a neutral poster in the messaging if that makes you more comfortable. 

That way the soccer people can have the soccer thread, and you get to be a tough guy elsewhere privately, win/win. As a dedicated soccer reader, I’m sure you’d want that for them. 

The soccer teams appreciate your support and enthusiasm. That’s really great. Good for you. 

5 hours ago, courtside said:

You are anything if not a dedicated SLU Soccer thread reader. That’s great. Trolling isn’t the most productive self esteem strategy for yourself or others. It slows and limits the topic discussion you seek here so frequently. And if anything, it sounds exhausting. 

I don’t think you understand how being an internet tough guy works. You volunteer yourself not others. Besides, Pete and Zach aren’t exactly big dudes. (No offense Pete and Zach) So can i volunteer yourself. That seems fair.

You’re in luck. I’m in town today. I do have a fundraiser to attend this evening. But I can rearrange my schedule and make time for you late this afternoon to accommodate your needs. Message me and we’ll work out the details. I’ll copy a neutral poster in the messaging if that makes you more comfortable. 

That way the soccer people can have the soccer thread, and you get to be a tough guy elsewhere privately, win/win. As a dedicated soccer reader, I’m sure you’d want that for them. 

The soccer teams appreciate your support and enthusiasm. That’s really great. Good for you. 

You are a strange little man…….

17 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

You are a strange little man…….

I’m just taking you up on your offer.

This is the 3rd time in the past week that you’ve posted off topic here, trolling, being an internet tough guy. You seem overly interested in me.

In your most recent post you suggested to set something up in person. I took you up on your offer. Let’s take it to private messages and set something up so that the soccer people can enjoy the soccer thread. 

Last time I saw Zach at the NIT vs MSU he looked like he'd been working out.  But maybe you're the Undertaker to his Sean Michaels.  As for B-Rich he probably has a Bam Bam Bigelow physique and my money is on a stone cold stunner from Courtside after his spouse hooks Rich's leg then a 3 count and that's the bottom line. 

I don't recognize a lot of 15 year old girls in street clothes no matter how good they are at soccer and maybe others don't either. That could hinder their ability to comment on attendees at the game. 

Good updates on women's soccer Courtside keep it coming.  It's probably the most in depth coverage of college women's soccer since Berhalter kicked Rosalind.

OkieBilliken and bauman like this

5 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Last time I saw Zach at the NIT vs MSU he looked like he'd been working out.  But maybe you're the Undertaker to his Sean Michaels.  As for B-Rich he probably has a Bam Bam Bigelow physique and my money is on a stone cold stunner from Courtside after his spouse hooks Rich's leg then a 3 count and that's the bottom line. 

I don't recognize a lot of 15 year old girls in street clothes no matter how good they are at soccer and maybe others don't either. That could hinder their ability to comment on attendees at the game. 

Good updates on women's soccer Courtside keep it coming.  It's probably the most in depth coverage of college women's soccer since Berhalter kicked Rosalind.

Don’t you live in Austin? You could have posted in the SLU Men’s Soccer thread about SLU alum Kipp Keller’s strong play in his last 5 MLS games, going the full 90 in 3 of the last 5. That would be more productive than trolling. 

1 hour ago, courtside said:

Don’t you live in Austin? You could have posted in the SLU Men’s Soccer thread about SLU alum Kipp Keller’s strong play in his last 5 MLS games, going the full 90 in 3 of the last 5. That would be more productive than trolling. 

I do but I've been out of town so i haven't caught any games.  I'm not really trolling I'm providing a community service, laughter.  They say it's the best medicine.  I'm pumping you up. I train at Richard Lord's boxing gym on North Lamar, and I've really always wanted to be a cut man since I read "Rope Burns". I'm in your corner. 

5 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I do but I've been out of town so i haven't caught any games.  I'm not really trolling I'm providing a community service, laughter.  They say it's the best medicine.  I'm pumping you up. I train at Richard Lord's boxing gym on North Lamar, and I've really always wanted to be a cut man since I read "Rope Burns". I'm in your corner. 

Wrong thread. This is the SLU Women's Soccer thread. Happy to take it to private messaging and set something up with you. 

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

You started this whole line of conversation in the women’s soccer thread.

That’s incorrect. You have me confused with your “mentees.”

It’s called accountability. That’s the word you (and a few others) don’t like. Be decent and have ethics, and it’s all good. Troll and and/or be unethical, and it isn’t. That’s it. Seems pretty simple.

What you don’t like is accountability, especially when it’s one of the fellas. No one is forcing anyone else to be dishonest and unethical. No one is forcing anyone else to troll. As a non-deserved courtesy, I even kindly offered, if he was unsure about something, just ask.

I only read and post in a handful of threads. (All of my basketball discussion is elsewhere for example.)

This is the SLU Women’s Soccer thread. If you’d like to talk with me about something else, I’m happy to set that up in private messaging. But don’t be surprised if trolls and/or unethical people are held accountable when they stop by these few threads. 

Chris, you’re a 60 year old guy who challenged another guy to a fight in an internet message board women’s soccer thread.  That is what started this whole line of conversation.  Of course people are going to have fun at your expense because of that.

15 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Chris, you’re a 60 year old guy who challenged another guy to a fight in an internet message board women’s soccer thread.  That is what started this whole line of conversation.  Of course people are going to have fun at your expense because of that.

Brian,

My name isn't Chris. I'm not 60 nor close to it. You have me confused with someone else.

I took someone else up on their offer. That's different. 

I don't think you understand how this works. If one is decent and has ethics, it's all good. People can happily post what they want as long as it's on topic. It can be as simple as go team.

People who troll and people who don't have ethics, don't like being held accountable. That's why you're here trolling off topic, defending your unethical friends. That's on you, not me. I'm good.

Again this is the SLU Women's Soccer thread. 

A fun game, 5-0 Billiken win in the exhibition vs Evansville.  2 goals each by Hannah Larson and Emily Gaebe, and one by the first of this years freshman to score, Ashley Koch.  Emily Puricelli got the start in goal and played the first half, and Maddie Sibbing played the second half. Billikens outshot them 31-5, and got 8 Corner kicks to 1 for Evansville. One interested thing was how they started the second half, with Caroline Kelly and  Emily Gaebe in at the same time (Normally Kelly and Gabe rotate in and out, which seems a very effective way to keep constant pressure on the other team), with Hannah Larson and Julia Simon also in. This sure seemed like a way to make life very hard on opposing goalies.  Nina Preusser took most of the corner kicks, and also had some good shots and plays in the midfield, and Ashley Koch, Jordan Gary, and Eva Schreiber also played well among the freshman.

24 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

A fun game, 5-0 Billiken win in the exhibition vs Evansville.  2 goals each by Hannah Larson and Emily Gaebe, and one by the first of this years freshman to score, Ashley Koch.  Emily Puricelli got the start in goal and played the first half, and Maddie Sibbing played the second half. Billikens outshot them 31-5, and got 8 Corner kicks to 1 for Evansville. One interested thing was how they started the second half, with Caroline Kelly and  Emily Gaebe in at the same time (Normally Kelly and Gabe rotate in and out, which seems a very effective way to keep constant pressure on the other team), with Hannah Larson and Julia Simon also in. This sure seemed like a way to make life very hard on opposing goalies.  Nina Preusser took most of the corner kicks, and also had some good shots and plays in the midfield, and Ashley Koch, Jordan Gary, and Eva Schreiber also played well among the freshman.

SLU plays a 4-1-3-2 when they need more offense or when they want to throw a wrinkle. In this formation they play one defensive center midfielder instead of 2.

Example: Last year's home game vs Loyola. At half time SLU changed to this formation and it was very effective to create more needed offense in the 2nd half. They did it other games as well. But Katie's comfort zone has been 4-2-3-1 mostly and quickly switching back when it doesn't work or works well. With a deeper team, the opportunity is there to be more aggressive earlier in the game.

SLU will be able to do this more in the future to start games, playing 4-1-3-2 with Alyssa Bockius, Addy Lang, Summer Fishel, Ava Rademeyer, etc....especially with Lang and Fishel. But for now they prefer to do it during the middle of the game.

The other option SLU does sometimes is keep the 4-2-3-1 but move Kelly to the wing and keep Gaebe up top. 

SLU prefers 4 in the back, and, that best suits its personnel there right now. Many Power 5 schools prefer a 3-4-3 and variations of it.

SLU also likes to have their wings switch sides during the middle of halves or games. Some other schools do this too.

As for some of the new players:

Koch has been mostly an up top target/space player who is also learning some wing. 

Gary's primary experience is on the wing. But she's capable of playing several positions. 

N Preusser's experience is mostly in the middle. She defends welll there and that is something Shields likes. That's where Jess always played until last year where she also played some wing.

Groark and Schwartz have been injured but both can play all 3 attacking positions. 

Simon plays both up top and central attacking mid. SLU's need is greater for her in the midfield.

Schreiber plays wing or wing back.

Luebbert is an outside back who also plays on the wing in a 3-4-3.

Layton can play central attacking mid,(mostly here in college) wing, or outside back.

Lutz is a center back.

DeLuca will play wherever needed. Nelson is a wing. Jackson is an outside back and wing when not injured.