GDT: Beat the Spahders

Littlebill

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Based on these tweets, doesn't sound like something that will lead towards a pause, but just a postpone of this game. 

What could possibly have caused this? An inconclusive COVID test of one of the 4 players that haven't already had it? Makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, kshoe said:

What could possibly have caused this? An inconclusive COVID test of one of the 4 players that haven't already had it? Makes no sense.

based on these tweets are worded, It feels as if Richmond may have had an issue, so we bounced out before contact tracing could play a part and put us in pause for 14 days. If so its a smart move, rather postpone this then play it, and risk a few more cancels. 

Just now, wgstl said:

based on these tweets are worded, It feels as if Richmond may have had an issue, so we bounced out before contact tracing could play a part and put us in pause for 14 days.

That makes sense if true...and it's a hell of a lot more intelligent than anything I've got. 

Who possibly could be left that is positive? It ran through the whole team. This is insane...

And its all because we have incompetent people working down there at grand center.  I am almost ready to go the route of that troll guy with this. PLAY THE GAMES.  The virus thing is over for SLU

I really HOPE you guys are right and it is a Richmond Issue.

15 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I read this as meaning that someone on the back of the plane sneezed and that the University's uber restrictive procedures required the team to turn around.  That may just be a huge overreaction (edit: my overreation) to what is really happening.  It is also possible, as some have suggested, that they medical staff saw something that was lax about Richmond's protocols.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

based on these tweets are worded, It feels as if Richmond may have had an issue, so we bounced out before contact tracing could play a part and put us in pause for 14 days. If so, its a smart move, rather postpone this, then play it, and risk a few more cancels. 

Probably this, the tweets didn't say who the concerns were about. If they were within SLU, it probably would have said something.

Just now, wgstl said:

based on these tweets are worded, It feels as if Richmond may have had an issue, so we bounced out before contact tracing could play a part and put us in pause for 14 days.

Honestly, there is no reason for us to ever go on pause again. We've got 12 players that don't even have to test at this point. That being said, if Richmond did have something inconclusive on their end and we didn't want to take a risk, it saves the 4 non positive players the threat of having to go into quarantine for 2 weeks. Depending on how good those 4 are maybe its the right call.

1 minute ago, kshoe said:

Honestly, there is no reason for us to ever go on pause again. We've got 12 players that don't even have to test at this point. That being said, if Richmond did have something inconclusive on their end and we didn't want to take a risk, it saves the 4 non positive players the threat of having to go into quarantine for 2 weeks. Depending on how good those 4 are maybe its the right call.

You know though it seems like at this point no matter what we are just hosed. And the best shot in generations (maybe ever) at a deep run will be wasted because SLU's administration is completely hapless.  Who knows if we even play another game.

Just now, cgeldmacher said:

I guess it could have been something like we show up and Richmond says "one of our team managers isn't feeling well and we are awaiting his COVID test results."  Then SLU's medical staff said that SLU's protocols wouldn't allow us to take the court.

That or we can take the court, but if one person on our side gets it because we decided to take the court, we could be out for a few weeks. 

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

That or we can take the court, but if one person on our side gets it because we decided to take the court, we could be out for a few weeks. 

The wording used did not make it sound like the team or athletic department had a say.  It sounded like the medical staff made the call.  Probably splitting hairs, but that's how I read it.

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

The wording used did not make it sound like the team or athletic department had a say.  It sounded like the medical staff made the call.  Probably splitting hairs, but that's how I read it.

I kind of read the statement as the SLU basketball program not being happy about it. Or maybe that's just me

Littlebill likes this

Just now, cgeldmacher said:

The medical staff which is just as competent im sure as the Cardinals medical staff...   At this point SLU should just be labeled COVID free other than 4 guys. If one of them gets its they just sit.  Other teams have just had players sit out (NC state for example) but we have to cancel everything over nothing..

I know nothing more than anyone else, but if one player was not yet back to game worthiness, they could sit him and continue as planned.  This smells as something larger to turn the plane around.   Wondering about issues with Dayton or Officials at that game.