GDT: Beat the Spahders

Littlebill

Might be that we have some players that, while they are no longer positive for COVID, are physically not in a place where the medical staff thinks they should be playing.

Or it could be Ford just saying F it let’s just play the bare minimum and not take any more losses with recovering players playing at half their potential.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mooney made it pretty clear a few days that he has a serious problem with the universal application of Covid protocols.  I wonder if a Richmond coach or staff member still has it and we just found out about it.

https://richmond.com/sports/college/richmond/more-than-anything-with-fingers-crossed-spiders-seeking-rhythm-of-competition/article_12c916db-0ccd-5a78-bddf-1517354de6c9.amp.html

1 minute ago, White Pelican said:

Best case scenario now we gotta hope its possible to get Umass and the Bonnies back on for the next 8 days..

Look, after Tuesday we were probably going to lose. So, maybe we just flat out dodged the game. Medical staff maybe just gave a suggestion. So what. Evansville did it to us. Other teams have been dodging all year. Duke dodged most of its non-conference that would have completely sunk them. It is not fair to stick our players in a bad situation...

That said, since the teams were cleared to play (Covid test). The medical staff probably saw something weird on one or more of the players wearables. The ensuing panic probably canceled the game, and nothing is clear.

My only hope is that we can practice!

Fan Guy and mrjoelabs like this

3 minutes ago, Fan Guy said:

Best case scenario now we gotta hope its possible to get Umass and the Bonnies back on for the next 8 days..

Whew...if that article is true then I guess Richmond is stupid.   This is a good silver lining. I would love to get Umass or lasalle in, a little bit more of a "warmup" game.

11 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Look, after Tuesday we were probably going to lose. So, maybe we just flat out dodged the game. Medical staff maybe just gave a suggestion. So what. Evansville did it to us. Other teams have been dodging all year. Duke dodged most of its non-conference that would have completely sunk them. It is not fair to stick our players in a bad situation...

That said, since the teams were cleared to play (Covid test). The medical staff probably saw something weird on one or more of the players wearables. The ensuing panic probably canceled the game, and nothing is clear.

That thought crossed my mind as well. I was not feeling good about this one after the way we played Tuesday. Ideally we can play a few creampuffs, while we get in shape, before stepping it up in competition.

bauman likes this

11 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Getting on a private plane, staying in a hotel, and then flying back all on a private plane just so that we can look like we aren't dodging a game seems like an incredibly expensive way to save face.

Not playing these games puts us in jeopardy of missing the tournament and missing out on $. We have zero incentive to dodge any game or otherwise avoid playing. I'm confident that the coaching staff and the players were excited about the opportunity to beat Richmond, remind everyone that we are the team to beat in the A-10, and get past the bad taste left following the Dayton loss.

If our doctors thought it was particularly unsafe to play the game, then I'm glad we aren't putting any personnel at risk. I am hopeful that the reason was a lack of proper protocol with Richmond, as opposed to any health issues with any of our players or staff.