GDT: pine bluff

wgstl

16 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

It could be a fraction of the final, however fractions are just part of a whole, and the whole difference will be a lot. Much more than the predicted margin of 31 by the Wiz and due to things being fluid due to games being cancelled and all teams not playing equal games. It's really just a lack of true data at this point. You could use skipmetrics to compute the predicted final but you really never even know if they'll finish the game due to Covid 19. Everything is up in the air and they could play a full schedule or a partial schedule. You really have to just wait and see. 

Thanks Old Guy.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Pistol said:

65-20 at half.

Just a reminder that SLU averaged fewer than 65 points per game 10 times in the past 20 years.

Just wish we still had the Chevy's promotion.  Half price Mexican food in the first half.

This will be the 39th time in program history SLU scores 100 or more points. We haven't done it since 1995, which I didn't realize.

Aside from the 130 we hung on Roosevelt in 1978, the next highest total is 116 vs. Chicago State in 1993. Three of the 38 100-point games came against Chicago State.

3 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Just wish we still had the Chevy's promotion.  Half price Mexican food in the first half.

In school I used and abused that Chevy's promotion.

11 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Jacobs is the most improved defensive player since stepping on campus. I put him up against anyone. Seems like he always stays infront of his man.

I’ve been maybe DJ biggest critic in the past, but I’ll pleased by his improvement. 

Not sure if already mentioned I haven't read the whole threat

UAPB has played 

@MARQ

@Wisc

@Iowa St

@Northwestern

All blow outs we're scoring the most points on them next was Marquette w/ 99.

NW had the best defensive effort vs them only allowing 49. 

I know UAPB is getting paid and funding the program but it's gotta be disheartening for the team.  Maybe it'll pay off in conference as the games will seem easier.

Some sloppy stretches this half regardless of the combo of players on the floor but it's not worth nitpicking here.

Even this last group with 3 walk-ons looks quite good. Strickland has so much potential and I really like where Russell is already. He's quicker than I realized and just flashed some good straightaway speed, too.

107 is tied for the 11th most points scored in program history.

Our starters combined for 1 turnover. 3 of them had 15 points each, one had 12, and the other dished out 8 assists.

We played all 15 guys. Everyone but Lorentsson and Courtney scored.

Slashline was .656/.647/.667.

This was just a clinic in every regard.

Zink likes this

Yeah, it's just Pine Bluff, but 107 points is more than legit.  Many decent SLU squads wouldn't have been able to do that, let alone some of Crews's collections.  The sharing of the ball was impressive.  26 assists on 40 baskets.  Collins had 8, French 6, Goodwin 4, and Russell 3 (in somewhat limited time).

Zink likes this

Nice win, 107 to 54. Well over the spread, and about half of the 2nd half was played with the guys that seldom play. Hightower did well, I like Strickland and see much development potential, Thorssen is still a bit underdeveloped and lost in the fray. Russel is OK and should improve. Overall, we did very well and played the kids that seldom play for a fair amount of time. We could have done better but what is the point in doing it? A win is a win, and this was sufficiently better than expected. We are fine. Now to the next one.