In a year where we will lose at least two All-Conference players, it just makes sense to bring in a high major transfer.  You may very well have two All-Conference players in waiting on the roster, but why take a chance?  And if you're wrong, the "penalty" is you possibly end up with three All-Conference players.

5 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

In a year where we will lose at least two All-Conference players, it just makes sense to bring in a high major transfer.  You may very well have two All-Conference players in waiting on the roster, but why take a chance?  And if you're wrong, the "penalty" is you possibly end up with three All-Conference players.

Especially with the way waivers are handed out these days, a transfer is probably already playing next year. 

4 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

If we perform as well as I think we will, there won’t be shortage of transfers willing to consider SLU.  We are are really going to be in a situation we never have been in before when it comes to transfers.

You add to that the number of top 250 kids that have not committed at this time and the big number of kids that are holding off on signing their NLI so far with the teams they verballed to, we should be in a very strong position come spring.

SLU has the chance to avoid the lag time that normally follows a strong season before it impacts the recruits you bring in.

On 11/14/2020 at 8:50 AM, slu72 said:

Yeah, I understand your concerns. As for Bell worries, I think Welmer’s foot problems were a chronic problem that was not entirely BB related, ie hereditary maybe. Fred seems to have recovered nicely, but I know nothing about his illness and if it is going to be a reoccurring issue for him. Old Guy would know if this was a one time illness or if it’s an illness that requires continuing treatments. 
I really appreciated Russell taking a walk on spot this year when he likely could have got a scholie at a low mid major. He must really want to be a Billiken. I hope his commitment is rewarded with one of those open scholarships. 

It’s fun having a discussion about what position on this teams depth.  The discussion is not about I wish our team had depth at this position instead it is about how the depth in positions should be stacked in recruiting.  Everything you mentioned about the big men on the team on the previous post I agree with.  I am now in the weeds trying to explain the desire for a big because of Welmer’s and Bell’s foot.  I guess it’s like a loaded NFL team in the draft, take the best player available.