Jump to content

GDT Obi Floppin and the Boyz


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to this game and Ford's comments and was both very upset and likely to post something I would not want to post. Let's say that Jimmy Bell and the kids played well and the refs, as Ford said, did not officiate well. We lost the game, too bad but we did all we could against Dayton and the refs. Now onto the next one. A10 refs suck. Go Bills!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You always look for little things in a game like this. I'll refrain from THE BIG THING (refs)

  • Bell needs to try to dunk every offensive rebound he gets. He goes up weak. We needed another four points from him
  • Collins had a couple of bad turnovers, where he looked like November Yuri. I absolutely love him though, and I think he's all A-10 as a junior
  • FT was better, but Yuri and Jacobs left 3 points at the line in last 6 minutes, when we absolutely needed them
  • team needs to anticipate spin moves to draw charges, like Dayton did on Hasahn's 4th (that pass Perkins was waved off, and would have given us the lead)

I love how hard they played. Dayton's been blowing teams out. Let's hope they can build on this, get healthy, and go 6-1 down the stretch to get to 12-6 in league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

SLU outscored UD 55-51 from the field.

UD outscored SLU 20-10 at the FT line and shot 11 more FT’s. Ballgame.

 🦓 🦓 🦓 

I believe the turnovers were 13-6 in favor of Dayton.  This  is where it really hurt.  So many little things played a big part.  Bell missing the layup at the end of the first half and the one Perkins had that rolled out at the end were a big 4 points too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

SLU outscored UD 55-51 from the field.

UD outscored SLU 20-10 at the FT line and shot 11 more FT’s. Ballgame.

 🦓 🦓 🦓 

I like this, Bay. I thought we got screwed by the refs today. And I usually don't ***** about the refs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I like this, Bay. I thought we got screwed by the refs today. And I usually don't ***** about the refs. 

I just read a few comments on the Dayton message board in reaction to this message board about your complaints regarding the refs.

Needless to say, they don't agree with you guys and they said so in their smug, arrogant way.

I didn't get a chance to watch the second half comeback by SLU in this game because I was busy watching my Dukes get screwed by the refs at home against the Bonnies. Watch out for the Bonnies when you play them, their 6-11 center is legit and if Lofton hits treys from 25-30 feet like he did against Duquesne, it could be a rough game for your team.

But I will agree with you guys. A-10 refs are not very good.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Earl was pretty fired up about the calls on Hashan after the game (as angry as Earl can be which isn't much) but he went on a 1 minute diatribe about the lack of respect for Hashan, the ridiculous touch fouls, etc. I haven't really heard Earl get as defensive or so purposeful about something in a while on the post game. He was rightfully p***ed and it was interesting to hear. Was right before Ford came on where it kind of continued though Ford tried to not be so overt about it. But he was obviously extremely frustrated. 

I agree with Wiz. With French in we win that game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

French doesn’t get the respect from the refs as the other top players in the league. This needs to change. 

I hope Has hangs all that disrespect on his wall for next season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wgstl said:

Jimerson with 13 to give slu the win at #11 Dayton, improving the Billikens to 20-3

 

 

 

 

 

 

smh 

Maybe his worst night of the year ! (Next year)

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, An A-10 fan said:

I just read a few comments on the Dayton message board in reaction to this message board about your complaints regarding the refs.

Needless to say, they don't agree with you guys and they said so in their smug, arrogant way.

I didn't get a chance to watch the second half comeback by SLU in this game because I was busy watching my Dukes get screwed by the refs at home against the Bonnies. Watch out for the Bonnies when you play them, their 6-11 center is legit and if Lofton hits treys from 25-30 feet like he did against Duquesne, it could be a rough game for your team.

But I will agree with you guys. A-10 refs are not very good.

 

 

Bills beat them last March when they were better. Our 6-7 big is better than their 6-11

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, An A-10 fan said:

I just read a few comments on the Dayton message board in reaction to this message board about your complaints regarding the refs.

Needless to say, they don't agree with you guys and they said so in their smug, arrogant way.

I didn't get a chance to watch the second half comeback by SLU in this game because I was busy watching my Dukes get screwed by the refs at home against the Bonnies. Watch out for the Bonnies when you play them, their 6-11 center is legit and if Lofton hits treys from 25-30 feet like he did against Duquesne, it could be a rough game for your team.

But I will agree with you guys. A-10 refs are not very good.

 

 

That SVU fans are reportedly reading this board and are concerned with what we have to say is a form of flattery, even if they don’t realize it.  It is also a sign of insecurity.

Anyone halfway objective saw what happened today.  That the great Obi “Moving Screen, et al.” Toppin played 34 minutes without a single personal foul being called on him is a modern marvel, not the following of queen's court rules.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoBills73 said:

Earl was pretty fired up about the calls on Hashan after the game (as angry as Earl can be which isn't much) but he went on a 1 minute diatribe about the lack of respect for Hashan, the ridiculous touch fouls, etc. I haven't really heard Earl get as defensive or so purposeful about something in a while on the post game. He was rightfully p***ed and it was interesting to hear. Was right before Ford came on where it kind of continued though Ford tried to not be so overt about it. But he was obviously extremely frustrated. 

I agree with Wiz. With French in we win that game. 

Apparently lodging public complaints does no good. Grinning and bearing it did no good. 

There are no more options.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dlarry said:

Dayton is in trouble come tourney time.

Those refs will actually call fouls on Toppin, Especially moving screens.

They are double screwed next year when they play the Bills. 
Im already calling a Bills season sweep with two beat downs.

Toppin and Mikesell will be gone and Jordy just isn’t that good.  French and Bell should feast next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

With Obi’s improvement from last year to this year, I expect him to be a very good pro.

I meant struggle against physical play, not saying he doesn’t have the skill 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spoonball18 said:

I believe the turnovers were 13-6 in favor of Dayton.  This  is where it really hurt.  So many little things played a big part.  Bell missing the layup at the end of the first half and the one Perkins had that rolled out at the end were a big 4 points too.

Some of those "turnovers" involved uncalled muggings by Dayton players in the open court.  Yuri Collins is getting hammered in the Eastern Block League.

Link to post
Share on other sites

URI v SVU. I give the nod to the Rams. They looked very strong today, and could make a run in the dance. SVU and the refs took this one today, and I'm not one to beatch about the refs. But when they made the call against Has when it should have been on Perkins, I knew the fix was in. Travis should demand that be reviewed. Perkins hacked the guy. Has was a bystander who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also, my guy Yurimania is getting mugged on a lot of plays and the refs are ignoring it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not too bold of a prediction:  Dayton will NOT win the A10 Tournament.  It won't matter for Dayton, the sense of urgency will not be there for Dayton, and others will be playing for their own NCAA Tournament bid.  Also the protection will not be there for the Flyers.

I've actually seen Dayton lose in the A10 Tournament both times I attended, in '14 to St. Joe's in the Friday Quarterfinals on a last second shot, and in '19 to SLU, also in the Friday Quarterfinals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, An A-10 fan said:

I just read a few comments on the Dayton message board in reaction to this message board about your complaints regarding the refs.

Needless to say, they don't agree with you guys and they said so in their smug, arrogant way.

I didn't get a chance to watch the second half comeback by SLU in this game because I was busy watching my Dukes get screwed by the refs at home against the Bonnies. Watch out for the Bonnies when you play them, their 6-11 center is legit and if Lofton hits treys from 25-30 feet like he did against Duquesne, it could be a rough game for your team.

But I will agree with you guys. A-10 refs are not very good.

 

 

Should SLU find themselves matched up with Duquesne in the A10 tournament, Coach Ford needs to pop in a tape of this game and watch it with a magnifying glass on the big screen.  I don’t know what the Bonnies did, but they rendered the most effective Billiken-killer in the A10 completely and utterly ineffective.  ZERO points from the floor.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

Should SLU find themselves matched up with Duquesne in the A10 tournament, Coach Ford needs to pop in a tape of this game and watch it with a magnifying glass on the big screen.  I don’t know what the Bonnies did, but they rendered the most effective Billiken-killer in the A10 completely and utterly ineffective.  ZERO points from the floor.....

Basketball is all about matchups.   Osunniyi's length really bothers Weathers.  The Bonnies have shut down Weathers each time they play Duquesne and have three victories to show for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

With Obi’s improvement from last year to this year, I expect him to be a very good pro.

Who is he going to guard at the next level? He can’t guard French. If he plays the 5 he’ll get bullied by guys like Embiid and Gobert. At the 4 he’s not good enough to keep up with LeBron or Siakim 

 

He had four rebounds yesterday in 34 minutes

FOUR!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...