Hochman: SLU's Goodwin praised by Claggett and Hughes

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

It would be fun to watch a Jontay vs French matchup in a real game.... to bad it won’t happen :(

@ this time last year  or maybe 13 months depending on date of S2 we may of said same thing about MP Jr. And low and behold he did dance w/o us albeit gingerly. Maybe  lil' bro can get better quicker and then we can kick some arse.

On 10/23/2018 at 5:17 PM, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Mizzou has the best player (Jontay would’ve been a lottery pick this year), but SLU has the best overall team 

In what world is Jontay Porter a lottery pick?  I could name a few college teams where Porter isn't even in the rotation. If I had to pick the best player in Missouri I would go with Gordon.

Edited by Quality Is Job 1
Remove poster's content from quote.

i say jontay riding on his supremely better big brothers coatails for any rep.   jr is (or at least was prior to the surgery(s)) a supreme player.   jontay is not as good and was not going to be a lottery pick imo.   i stand by i'd rather have gordon and french.  

28 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i say jontay riding on his supremely better big brothers coatails for any rep.   jr is (or at least was prior to the surgery(s)) a supreme player.   jontay is not as good and was not going to be a lottery pick imo.   i stand by i'd rather have gordon and french.  

For the style the Bills will play you might be right. Gordon and French might help the Bills more than Porter would. 

But when it comes to the NBA, scouts are going to see a kid who is 6’11 250 lbs, can shoot the 3, pass, and handle it a bit.

If he would have stayed healthy I think he would have been close to a lottery pick on potential alone.

8 minutes ago, dlarry said:

For the style the Bills will play you might be right. Gordon and French might help the Bills more than Porter would. 

But when it comes to the NBA, scouts are going to see a kid who is 6’11 250 lbs, can shoot the 3, pass, and handle it a bit.

If he would have stayed healthy I think he would have been close to a lottery pick on potential alone.

Yeah, it's kind of painful reading these anti-Jontay posts. approaching 7 feet tall, can shoot the 3, and was probably the best passer on Mizzou's team last year.

9 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Yeah, it's kind of painful reading these anti-Jontay posts. approaching 7 feet tall, can shoot the 3, and was probably the best passer on Mizzou's team last year.

I also don't get the Porter hate. He should have been in high school last year. We are all hoping that Eliot will give us a big who can shoot the three. Porter would definitely be a starter on our team. 

RUBillsFan and RiseAndGrind like this

21 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

and can bring the ball up

39 minutes ago, willie said:

I also don't get the Porter hate. He should have been in high school last year. We are all hoping that Eliot will give us a big who can shoot the three. Porter would definitely be a starter on our team. 

He’s a more skilled and athletic version of Rob Loe.

He has a Dirk Nowistski skill set.

The dude can play.

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

Jontay MAY be better than French or Gordon. But there’s no way in hell I’d trade either of them for him.  We’ve finally got a pack of werewolf big men and I’m not dying to get rid of any of them. 

Co-sign.

All I am saying is that Jontay Porter is a high caliber player, even though he plays for the despised Missouri Tigers.  He's 6-11 and skilled; if he played for the Billikens, the coaching staff would find ways to benefit from his skill-set.  And, @TJHawk, if he were on any of the Top 5 programs in the country, he would be in the rotation.  I know you, as a Kansas fan, hate the Tigers, but talent is talent.  If he hadn't reclassified, he probably would have been a 2018 McDonald's All-American.

Saint Louis U. was going to be a better team than Missouri this year even before Porter went down with the injury.  Now it's not even close.

34 minutes ago, dlarry said:

He’s a more skilled and athletic version of Rob Loe.

He has a Dirk Nowistski skill set.

The dude can play.

dont hold back on showing your black and gold roots.   to compare to dirk is beyond laughable.   

Porter's skillset went from a 9/10 to a 2/10 as soon as he went to Mizzou. Jump shots die at SLU, but talent dies at Mizzou. Also, Porter's dad sucks. Mizzou is sh.it. I'd rather read about Crews, initials, situation 1&2, 05 being an as$h.ole to some innocent fans, and political banter before I read about Mizzou. 

8 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Porter's skillset went from a 9/10 to a 2/10 as soon as he went to Mizzou. Jump shots die at SLU, but talent dies at Mizzou. Also, Porter's dad sucks. Mizzou is sh.it. I'd rather read about Crews, initials, situation 1&2, 05 being an as$h.ole to some innocent fans, and political banter before I read about Mizzou. 

Nobody is innocent 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

dont hold back on showing your black and gold roots.   to compare to dirk is beyond laughable.   

I didn’t say he was as talented as Dirk or as good of a player as Dirk.

I said they have the same skill set and they do. 

Just because I’m able to appreciate talent outside of Billiken blue doesn’t mean I’m a Mizzou fan.

You might find this hard to believe but there is a lot of talented college basketball players and not all of them attend Saint Louis Univeristy.

Quality Is Job 1 likes this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

Good lord, he would've been Preseason All-SEC First or Second Team. I like to poke fun at Quality, but to insuate anyone giving Porter credit is a Mizzou honk is a stretch.

Quality Is Job 1 likes this