Welcome to SLU Dion Wiley

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

This is the highest rated team on Slu paper in history 

besides in our minds, where do you read this on paper anywhere?

24 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

This is the highest rated team on Slu paper in history 

I would go the 1949 team.  #1 in the AP poll first time the AP poll came out.  Not sure if that was "slu paper" or just a newspaper but on paper, that team was ranked #1.  

6 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

I would go the 1949 team.  #1 in the AP poll first time the AP poll came out.  Not sure if that was "slu paper" or just a newspaper but on paper, that team was ranked #1.  

In modern history...

Bonner/Douglass, Spoon teams, Romar (Hughes, Tatum, Love, etc.), and Majerus's couple teams (The last two were Rick's not Crews'). I would go with this one, in terms of floor talent 1-13

9 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

In modern history...

Bonner/Douglass, Spoon teams, Romar (Hughes, Tatum, Love, etc.), and Majerus's couple teams (The last two were Rick's not Crews'). I would go with this one, in terms of floor talent 1-13

You could be right but right now it's still just hope. Until it's proven different I'll go with the Majerus (Can't call it Crews team) that got ranked in the top 10

6 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

we were ranked #8 in the nation with Jett.... just saying 

That's not what he's saying. Glory Ravs just can't get his point across. In terms of talent on the roster, on paper, he thinks its the best team SLU has ever had. There's surely an argument to be made. Now what comes next, that's the real question.

1 minute ago, slufanskip said:

You could be right but right now it's still just hope. Until it's proven different I'll go with the Majerus (Can't call it Crews team) that got ranked in the top 10

I'll agree with you wholeheartedly on the first sentence. Let's see if Ford can out-coach good coaches. I have jjst always thought that Majerus was such a huge part of the success early in this decade. Turning "mediocre" recruiting classes on paper into Conference POYs, top ten teams, and several All A-10 honors. 

6 hours ago, Littlebill said:

That's not what he's saying. Glory Ravs just can't get his point across. In terms of talent on the roster, on paper, he thinks its the best team SLU has ever had. There's surely an argument to be made. Now what comes next, that's the real question.

I'll agree with you wholeheartedly on the first sentence. Let's see if Ford can out-coach good coaches. I have jjst always thought that Majerus was such a huge part of the success early in this decade. Turning "mediocre" recruiting classes on paper into Conference POYs, top ten teams, and several All A-10 honors. 

You are right. 

I love saying we hit the coaches poll top 10 that year but if memory recalls we were considered one of the most overrated teams in the tournament. Many including our own fans thought we were the upset team against NC state. 

Also on paper we have the most highly ranked roster Slu has ever had. Breaking last years record. We have more players on NBA watch than ever before. (French, Goodwin, Gordon and maybe the grad transfers) 

this is the first time since Jordair years that i thought we could be competitive in the Big East. 

A10 is ours to lose. If Goodwin wasn’t dismissed early we wouldn’t be hearing so much about Grady. #TeamBlue

1 hour ago, TFord and TRavs said:

You are right. 

I love saying we hit the coaches poll top 10 that year but if memory recalls we were considered one of the most overrated teams in the tournament. Many including our own fans thought we were the upset team against NC state. 

Also on paper we have the most highly ranked roster Slu has ever had. Breaking last years record. We have more players on NBA watch than ever before. (French, Goodwin, Gordon and maybe the grad transfers) 

this is the first time since Jordair years that i thought we could be competitive in the Big East. 

A10 is ours to lose. If Goodwin wasn’t dismissed early we wouldn’t be hearing so much about Grady. #TeamBlue

If only high school ESPN rankings mattered. 

NextYearBill and slufan13 like this

40 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Except that’s not true, unless you get a top 10 recruit 

Memphis is getting a ton of coverage and they don’t have top 10 recruits but a lot of top 100. Yes it matters. 

Edited by Quality Is Job 1
Removed thinly-veiled profanity

38 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Memphis is getting a ton of coverage and they don’t have top 10 recruits but a lot of top 100. Yes it matters. 

They are getting coverage because Penny Hardaway is their coach.

Edited by Quality Is Job 1
Removed thinly-veiled profanity

3 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

We've been rather relaxed about user's usage of alternative spellings of profanity, but I feel it's gone too far and is contributing to an atmosphere of hostility and animosity.  I request that you all refrain from using it.  Thank you.

My bad. Wasn’t against anyone

4 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

We've been rather relaxed about user's usage of alternative spellings of profanity, but I feel it's gone too far and is contributing to an atmosphere of hostility and animosity.  I request that you all refrain from using it.  Thank you.

So so stupid 

15 hours ago, Littlebill said:

In modern history...

Bonner/Douglass/Gray/Brown/Newberry was a darn good team. 

4 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

It's about time.

CBFan likes this

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Bonner/Douglass/Gray/Brown/Newberry was a darn good team. 

Yes it was and that team won in the NIT in the New Mexico pit,  I still remember that game being down and coming back big to win that game.

Charlie Newberry is one of my Billiken favorites.

If that was the makeup of our team this season I would be as excited as I am for the current team this season.

that newberry, douglass, gray, bonner team was real good and if not in a true one bid conference would have been an ncaa team in any of the bigger conferences.   x had a very good team as well that year with larkin and strong and another big that escapes me right now and thus won the conference.   that left us in the nit.   

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

that newberry, douglass, gray, bonner team was real good and if not in a true one bid conference would have been an ncaa team in any of the bigger conferences.   x had a very good team as well that year with larkin and strong and another big that escapes me right now and thus won the conference.   that left us in the nit.   

Tyrone Hill is who I think you trying to remember.

He had a pretty long NBA career.

dennis_w likes this

23 minutes ago, AGB91 said:

Tyrone Hill is who I think you trying to remember.

He had a pretty long NBA career.

thanks   yep thats who i couldnt remember.