Welcome to SLU Dion Wiley

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Poor little TF and Billiken basketball.  All they did the past 2 years is get the best player coming out of the Metro area both years (yes I consider Gordon as a better recruit than Watson this year and Goodwin to be clearly the #1 recruit the previous year).  And all of this without paying a pair of recruits' father an unbelievable sum to "coach!" at SPUMAC.

Speaking of SPUMAC, I couldn't help myself and ventured over to Powermizzou earlier today. "Tramaine Isabell to SLU" is a VERY popular thread!! Sounds like they're just as excited about Isabell (and Wiley) as we are!!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Speaking of SPUMAC, I couldn't help myself and ventured over to Powermizzou earlier today. "Tramaine Isabell to SLU" is a VERY popular thread!! Sounds like they're just as excited about Isabell (and Wiley) as we are!!

What do you mean? 

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

What do you mean? 

75% of my post is sarcasm. The remaining 25% is that someone started a thread titled, "Tramaine Isabell to SLU" on Friday which now has over 3,600 views and 95 responses. Picked up more views and responses Monday morning after the Wiley news.  Sure wish I knew what they're saying but can't read it since Powermizzou is "premium" content.

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

75% of my post is sarcasm. The remaining 25% is that someone started a thread titled, "Tramaine Isabell to SLU" on Friday which now has over 3,600 views and 95 responses. Picked up more views and responses Monday morning after the Wiley news.  Sure wish I knew what they're saying but can't read it since Powermizzou is "premium" content.

Basically Isabel is a  bad teammate and not as good a player as Geist. There are a few who push back on that narrative, and they are trashed. It should me mentioned however, before being signed by SLU, the board was very excited about the possibility of him returning to Mizzou.

5 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Basically Isabel is a  bad teammate and not as good a player as Geist. There are a few who push back on that narrative, and they are trashed. It should me mentioned however, before being signed by SLU, the board was very excited about the possibility of him returning to Mizzou.

Would you say that they think he is a tool?

To put some context around it, Isabell was a bad teammate during his time at Mizzou, but that was on a historically bad team with an incompetent coach and years ago. There were similar rumors about him being a hot head from his time in high school, so that seemed to continue. I had heard some describe him as ultra competitive and that he had a difficult time controlling that which would make sense. He was suspended a few times at Mizzou for showing up late to practice and had some maturity issues. It was also rumored that he (and a few other kids) was a big factor in Johnathan Williams III transferring out and that he was known to get in fights on campus. So this is the background on his time at Mizzou. I think some Mizzou fans realize he had some ability and put more of the blame on Kim Anderson, but I don't think many Mizzou fans would have wanted him back. With regards to SLU, this is years after that behavior, he is coming off of a year sitting out followed by a big season, and will be playing for a winner where he fills an obvious need, so he is set up for success. I like when people use a couple of posts on a message board as the consensus opinion of a fan base.

dlarry and HoosierPal like this

1 hour ago, Brighton said:

Bernie and the rest are Mizzou honks. Always have been. Nothing you can do about it.

I get my Bills news from Cusamano (online) and this site.

Wheeler is not a Missouri honk - he went to Miami (FL).  He just only knows and cares about baseball and football - maybe a little NBA during playoffs and I forgot to mention Hockey when StL is playing.

12 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

To put some context around it, Isabell was a bad teammate during his time at Mizzou, but that was on a historically bad team with an incompetent coach and years ago. There were similar rumors about him being a hot head from his time in high school, so that seemed to continue. I had heard some describe him as ultra competitive and that he had a difficult time controlling that which would make sense. He was suspended a few times at Mizzou for showing up late to practice and had some maturity issues. It was also rumored that he (and a few other kids) was a big factor in Johnathan Williams III transferring out and that he was known to get in fights on campus. So this is the background on his time at Mizzou. I think some Mizzou fans realize he had some ability and put more of the blame on Kim Anderson, but I don't think many Mizzou fans would have wanted him back. With regards to SLU, this is years after that behavior, he is coming off of a year sitting out followed by a big season, and will be playing for a winner where he fills an obvious need, so he is set up for success. I like when people use a couple of posts on a message board as the consensus opinion of a fan base.

Settle down big guy. Big Bill fan simply provided a summary of that thread. The only one that seems to be jumping to conclusions around here is you.

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Wiley isn't even mentioned in the thread you speak of, I can't imagine any Mizzou fan that isn't also a fan of SLU knows that Wiley committed to SLU. It is primarily two guys going back and forth on Jordan Geist vs. Isabell (Isabell is obviously a better player). Reading the thread, I was expecting more negativity around Isabell, but not too much of that.

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Settle down big guy. Big Bill fan simply provided a summary of that thread. The only one that seems to be jumping to conclusions around here is you.

I was putting some context around Isabell's time at Mizzou if people hear negative things from Mizzou fans about the kid, that would be why.

2 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

the mizzou board also pointed out that no "good" teams had any interest in TI, so he essentially had to "settle" for a second rate school.

I do see that and notice that was from Gabe and a couple of posters called him on that. I also see Gabe's other post started the comparison with Geist and kind of asking why some posters were high on Isabell. Maybe Gabe is a SLU hater.

Just now, TheChosenOne said:

I do see that and notice that was from Gabe and a couple of posters called him on that. I also see Gabe's other post started the comparison with Geist and kind of asking why some posters were high on Isabell. Maybe Gabe is a SLU hater.

Gabe is a huge SLU hater.  When he was on TMA earlier last year I think and was asked about SLU and Mizzou playing his explanation made zero sense and was as demeaning as possible.  He railed on the A10 acting like it was a one bid league even though you go back a few years and the A10 was most likely deeper than the SEC.  

Plus his quote of "Well if SLU beats Mizzou it will be the biggest story for them all year and they won't ever let it go."  Yea because that's what we are all talking about, hoping SLU is good enough to beat Mizzou, not make the tournament and go on a run or anything.  

21 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

So by your reasoning, should we ignore your opinion as well? There was a lot of enthusiasm for the possible return of Isabel, before he signed with SLU. There is a lot of hatred for SLU at Power Mizzou, led by the admistrator, Gabe DeArmond. Reasonable fans on the site acknowledge the talent of Isabel. Not sure why you feel the need to be a smart ass?

18 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

So by your reasoning, should we ignore your opinion as well? There was a lot of enthusiasm for the possible return of Isabel, before he signed with SLU. There is a lot of hatred for SLU at Power Mizzou, led by the admistrator, Gabe DeArmond. Reasonable fans on the site acknowledge the talent of Isabel. Not sure why you feel the need to be a smart ass?

I can't believe people pay that guy money to read his opinions. Although I guess it's better than the alternative: Tigerboard. I don't think they've updated their chat forum format since the 20th century. 

The latest Missourian d bag rankings:

1. Eric Greitens

2. Stan Kroenke

3. Rush Limbaugh

4. Kenneth Lay

5. Gabe DeAlmonds

6. Eric Stonestreet

ACE likes this

16 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I can't believe people pay that guy money to read his opinions. Although I guess it's better than the alternative: Tigerboard. I don't think they've updated their chat forum format since the 20th century. 

1. Eric Greitens

2. Stan Kroenke

3. Rush Limbaugh

4. Kenneth Lay

5. Gabe DeAlmonds

6. Eric Stonestreet

You forgot a bunch of people including, Kim Gardner, at the top of that list but let's not get political....please

CBFan and JohnnyJumpUp like this

30 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

1. Eric Greitens

2. Stan Kroenke

3. Rush Limbaugh

4. Kenneth Lay

5. Gabe DeAlmonds

6. Eric Stonestreet

Layoff the politics there are folks like me on the other side that would disagree with your list and would put you as number 1 for going there in a Dion Wiley basketball thread.  Get back to Billiken talk and  post your d-bag list in another forum.

TFord and TRavs and AGB91 like this

22 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

You forgot a bunch of people including, Kim Gardner, at the top of that list but let's not get political....please

The fact that Greitens has an "R" next to his name has very little to do with his status as top d bad of MO. As for Gardner, I have never heard her speak so can't really provide an accurate assessment on her level of d baggery. Bad at her job? Yeah, probably, based on what I've read. But I digress...back to the topic at hand:

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

Gabe is a huge SLU hater.  When he was on TMA earlier last year I think and was asked about SLU and Mizzou playing his explanation made zero sense and was as demeaning as possible.  He railed on the A10 acting like it was a one bid league even though you go back a few years and the A10 was most likely deeper than the SEC.  

I went back and looked at the number of teams each conference got into the tourney since 2010. A10 has never had fewer than 3 in a year. Considering the A10 isn't a P5 conference I'd say that's pretty darn good. In 2014, A10 had 6 teams, SEC 3. 2013: 5 for A10, 3 for SEC. Last year was a big year for SEC.

4 minutes ago, TheOne said:

The former is the truth.  Separately: The player who is having qualification issues is, without mentioning him directly,  the player that has most commonly been speculated in the last few pages in this thread to be the one with academic issues.  While its never good to lose commits, we should count our blessings that C’AG is on campus and locked and loaded. 

The opening up of two spaces and the commitment of the two new grad transfers is perhaps a blessing in disguise - I think theres a real possibility we can crack the Top 25 this season and even see the first (or second?) weekend of March.  This will make us a red hot program again and open the doors to some highly saught after recruits for the 2019 class who we would otherwise not be able to pursue if the freshmen WERE coming and were to occupy those scholly’s for a full 4 years.

I’m sorry if you have been asked this 100 times...  but any info on whether the staff is expecting Welmer to play at all this year?

14 minutes ago, TheOne said:

The former is the truth.  Separately: The player who is having qualification issues is, without mentioning him directly,  the player that has most commonly been speculated in the last few pages in this thread to be the one with academic issues.  While its never good to lose commits, we should count our blessings that C’AG is on campus and locked and loaded. 

The opening up of two spaces and the commitment of the two new grad transfers is perhaps a blessing in disguise - I think theres a real possibility we can crack the Top 25 this season and even see the first (or second?) weekend of March.  This will make us a red hot program again and open the doors to some highly saught after recruits for the 2019 class who we would otherwise not be able to pursue if the freshmen WERE coming and were to occupy those scholly’s for a full 4 years.

Great point about the open scholarships for 2019, @TheOne. Are there any other prospects the staff is feeling good about? From Hargrove’s interview the other day, he sounds pretty high on SLU.