Welcome to SLU Dion Wiley

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

We've been rather relaxed about user's usage of alternative spellings of profanity, but I feel it's gone too far and is contributing to an atmosphere of hostility and animosity.  I request that you all refrain from using it.  Thank you.

Really? Are we 6?  So I'll get spanked if I type F..k?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been rather relaxed about user's usage of alternative spellings of profanity, but I feel it's gone too far and is contributing to an atmosphere of hostility and animosity.  I request that you all refrain from using it.  Thank you.

This is rich. An "atmosphere of hostility and animosity" is now worrying you?  You can't (or simply won't) get rid of the obvious trolls on here but you're worried about some damned darned four letter naughty words??  Jeebus H. Cripes!

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, willie said:

I believe Billiken Bob said maybe. 

Mea Culpa. So based on this we are led to assume the maybe player is the non qualifier and retaking some courses or ACT's?

4 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

This is rich. An "atmosphere of hostility and animosity" is now worrying you?  You can't (or simply won't) get rid of the obvious trolls on here but you're worried about some damned darned four letter naughty words??  Jeebus H. Cripes!

I’m out of reactions. Great post.

drkelsey55, TRN and prebilliken like this

This may be the most talented roster from 1 thru 13. Only time will tell how all this talent comes together. That's now on Travis and staff. Will guys be able to stuff their egos in favor of what's best to achieve the team's objectives, ie win the A10 both reg season title and tourney, make the dance, and maybe finally get at least to week 2. Chemistry now is the big issue. How quickly  they come together as Team Blue will determine where this team ranks vs other years where we've had good seasons. Right now I rank the best Billiken team as the 11-12 squad. Maybe it didn't have the overall athleticism of our current roster, but Majerus had them playing very disciplined ball. We had good depth, an exceptional PG, and fast maturing sophs all being led by the maestro. Still maintain had Willie Reed knuckled down when returned to school and played on that squad I don't think an elite 8 run was unrealistic.  

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Really? Are we 6?  So I'll get spanked if I type F..k?

Sigh!

Yes, really.  Apparently so.  Yes.

Can't be nice with you people.  I said I REQUEST that you refrain.  If you choose not to comply with my request, then there must be consequences.

I don't see why it's so hard to keep the discussion civil and stay away from hot-button issues unless they're relevant to the discussion.

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

that newberry, douglass, gray, bonner team was real good and if not in a true one bid conference would have been an ncaa team in any of the bigger conferences.   x had a very good team as well that year with larkin and strong and another big that escapes me right now and thus won the conference.   that left us in the nit.   

I think the other big was Aaron Williams.  They were really good.

Sigh!

Can't be nice with you people.  I said I REQUEST that you refrain.  If you choose not to comply with my request, then there must be consequences.

I don't see why it's so hard to keep the discussion civil and stay away from hot-button issues unless they're relevant to the discussion.

You're a sick man!

pajama spanking.gif

Hopefully the children have had their fun and are taking their naps, so back to basketball.

Wiley played 608 minutes last year, 21.7 mpg.  He's not coming to SLU to play fewer.  Isabell played 963 minutes last year for 34.4 mpg..  He's not coming to SLU to play significantly fewer. Bess averaged 36.2 mpg, and while that can be dialed back, he will play more than 30 mpg.  Goodwin average 33.3 mpg, and won't be looking to decrease below 30 mpg.  So assuming Goodwin and Bess start, which one, Isabell or Wiley, starts on the wing with them?  If the three starters went 30 mpg, then that would leave 30 mpg for a fourth wing, but it never is that easy.  Coach obviously has the final say, but there are a finite number of minutes.

RIP HUMPS likes this

4 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Sigh!

You can request all you want but just realize I'm going to write whatever I want. However, if I use a bad word I'll wash my own mouth out with soap as punishment. You moderate away, you're not going to tell me what language I can use. 

It's a sports message board and people are going to react passionately. Sometimes over the top, sometimes civil, sometimes not. It'll be ok.

William Iken likes this

5 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

If SLU is as talented as most think, doubt anyone but Goodwin will play much more than 30 minutes a game.  Keep them fresh and run the other teams down.  No more playing the clock down on virtually every possession.

I can only imagine what a deep, fresh, and gelled Bills team would do during conference play. I feel a case of priapism coming on!!!!

And can everyone focus and get back to the topic at hand? Geez. It's as if some of you are making pointless lists and getting political in this thread....

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

If SLU is as talented as most think, doubt anyone but Goodwin will play much more than 30 minutes a game.  Keep them fresh and run the other teams down.  No more playing the clock down on virtually every possession.

So far we have seen Ford playing with a small number of effective players, and we have seen what he could achieve in a bad situation. This season will be the time when we will see Ford playing with a full team with many talented players in the team. It is true that many of the players are freshmen who have to gel with Team Blue. I really have no idea if Ford will continue playing an 8 player rotation, which is possible, or if he will decide to go with a larger player rotation in order to keep the players fresh and increase the tempo. Whatever he does, I cannot wait to see the Bills play this year.