2018-19 Schedule

ACE

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/8/2018 at 2:40 PM, HoosierPal said:

The Metro PCS Orange Bowl Basketball Classic on Dec 22 is the only Showcase Event (non-tourney) not listing invited teams.  This would fit the 'neutral site' criteria of the rumored ACC opponent game.  My two cents, IF SLU is in this event, the ACC opponent would have to be a southern ACC team (Miami, Florida State, Georgia Tech)   A northern ACC team (Pitt, BC) plus SLU wouldn't draw well.

http://game.orangebowl.org/events/metropcs-orange-bowl-basketball-classic/

The NY Holiday Festival on Dec 9 in the Garden still has two teams to be announced.

Here is the list of everything else.

https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2017/11/27/16671208/2018-19-college-basketball-early-season-tournaments-events-mte-neutral-site-showcases-thanksgiving

Pitt is not in a bracketed tourney, round robin event, nor a Showcase Event, but is in the ACC/Big Ten challenge

Well done, @HoosierPal.

HoosierPal likes this

1 hour ago, TFord and TRavs said:

That’s about two beers at Floridia state ;)

ill offer you a one-time buy out of $16.50, but ill need it by 5pm CST.... after that, the juice is running 

Updated:

Non-conference:

11/17: @ Seton Hall

11/21: vs. Pitt at Barclays Center (Brooklyn, NY)

12/2: vs. Butler

12/16: @ Houston

12/22: vs. Florida State at BB&T Center (Sunrise, FL)

Home: Oregon State, exhibition, ~6 buy games

Away: SIUC

A10:

Home: Davidson, George Mason, Massachusetts, Richmond, Dayton, Duquesne, La Salle, Rhode Island, Saint Joseph’s

Away: Fordham, George Washington, St. Bonaventure, VCU, Dayton, Duquesne, La Salle, Rhode Island, Saint Joseph’s

We had 19 home games last year, including an exhibition and Rockhurst (the year before it was 18 with an exhibition but no Rockhurst). So with the 11 known home games, we're probably looking at about 7 more home games that aren't known. One of those will be an exhibition. We know from the scheduling board we're looking for buy games on 11/6-11/7 (season opener), 11/26-11/27, 12/19, and 12/29-12/30. They'll have Christmas break between the FSU game and the last buy game, then that should be the last one before A10 play.

So that leaves probably two dates in question. The "open" dates are roughly 11/10, 11/14, 12/5, 12/9, and 12/12, based on what we're still looking for and what we've got scheduled. Oregon State will be one of those dates, give or take a day. One of those will be @SIUC, give or take a day. Then we'll fill the other 2 (or 3, if we're lucky and have 19 games again) with buy games.

This is shaping up to be one of the strongest non-conference schedules in a long while. 

@Houston and @Seton Hall, v  Butler and n Florida State should be quadrant 1 win possibilities.

@SIUC could sneak close to a Q1, but probably realistically is a Q2. Oregon State is probably a 3 but could hit a 2. Pitt is most likely a 3 as well. 

There isn't areal soft spot on any of the games we know about yet. 

1 minute ago, JMM28 said:

This is shaping up to be one of the strongest non-conference schedules in a long while. 

@Houston and @Seton Hall, v  Butler and n Florida State should be quadrant 1 win possibilities.

@SIUC could sneak close to a Q1, but probably realistically is a Q2. Oregon State is probably a 3 but could hit a 2. Pitt is most likely a 3 as well. 

Yeah, Methdale won't be easy. This figures to be one of the better teams they have had in years. They're experienced and playing them at their place has me a bit worried.

Overall, a very good schedule so far. The key now is to find good buy games. Murray State last year is an example of a very good one if you can get it.

17 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

We could of lost all of those Non conference games any of last 3 seasons

23 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Updated:

Non-conference:

11/17: @ Seton Hall

11/21: vs. Pitt at Barclays Center (Brooklyn, NY)

12/2: vs. Butler

12/16: @ Houston

12/22: vs. Florida State at BB&T Center (Sunrise, FL)

Home: Oregon State, exhibition, ~6 buy games

Away: SIUC

A10:

Home: Davidson, George Mason, Massachusetts, Richmond, Dayton, Duquesne, La Salle, Rhode Island, Saint Joseph’s

Away: Fordham, George Washington, St. Bonaventure, VCU, Dayton, Duquesne, La Salle, Rhode Island, Saint Joseph’s

We had 19 home games last year, including an exhibition and Rockhurst (the year before it was 18 with an exhibition but no Rockhurst). So with the 11 known home games, we're probably looking at about 7 more home games that aren't known. One of those will be an exhibition. We know from the scheduling board we're looking for buy games on 11/6-11/7 (season opener), 11/26-11/27, 12/19, and 12/29-12/30. They'll have Christmas break between the FSU game and the last buy game, then that should be the last one before A10 play.

So that leaves probably two dates in question. The "open" dates are roughly 11/10, 11/14, 12/5, 12/9, and 12/12, based on what we're still looking for and what we've got scheduled. Oregon State will be one of those dates, give or take a day. One of those will be @SIUC, give or take a day. Then we'll fill the other 2 (or 3, if we're lucky and have 19 games again) with buy games.

If the Bills aren't playing in an exempt tourney, then I'm pretty sure they won't play 31 regular-season games.  It could be as low as 28 or 29, unless the NCAA has changed the rules.  With 25 known games (10 at home), I think they'll add four guarantee games and add two exhibitions.  That would still be just 16 Chaifetz dates.

5 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I don't understand the inner workings of the Quadant thing, but I do know this is a really tough schedule.

2 ACC teams including one which is expected to be very highly ranked and, though on a neutral court, the crowd will be anything but neutral;  2 games against Big East teams, including one on their court and very early in the season for our team of newcomers to have jelled; one PAC 12 team, one tough AAC team on their floor and one tough local rivalry game on their court.  We need a mix of buy games, some challenging and some more of the warm up type teams to help us get our squad playing as a team. 

I had previously thought @ Houston would be our toughest game but I think it has been supplanted by  FLA ST in FL.  The boys better come together as we think they will.

9 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

If the Bills aren't playing in an exempt tourney, then I'm pretty sure they won't play 31 regular-season games.  It could be as low as 28 or 29, unless the NCAA has changed the rules.  With 25 known games (10 at home), I think they'll add four guarantee games and add two exhibitions.  That would still be just 16 Chaifetz dates.

As of what we know today, we have 11, not 10, known home games plus at least one exhibition, making 12 for certain, with a 2nd exhibition a possibility if needed to boost the number of home games.  We have 14 known away or neutral court games which is one more than last year.  Based on the number of away/neutral games, I agree with you that we will likely have fewer home dates this year, but I find it hard to believe that we will have less than 18 (including any exhibitions). 

If we assume 2 exhibitions, then16 games would get us to 18 home gates.  Since we only have 11 known home games that means we need to add 5 more, probably all "buys."  Even then we are short of last years' 19 home gates.  I don't recall specifically and I'm not going to pull out old checks but I seem to recall that the season ticket package last year was higher than the year before, possibly due to a higher # of games.  If we drop back to 18 , and 2 of the 18 are exhibitions, it will be interesting to see what happens with the season ticket price.  From prior postings my sense is that we would probably be ok if they didn't raise the season's price.  However, cutting a date but increasing the cost might not go over so well, especially if we had two "make believe" games.

3 minutes ago, bauman said:

As of what we know today, we have 11, not 10, known home games plus at least one exhibition, making 12 for certain, with a 2nd exhibition a possibility if needed to boost the number of home games.  We have 14 known away or neutral court games which is one more than last year.  Based on the number of away/neutral games, I agree with you that we will likely have fewer home dates this year, but I find it hard to believe that we will have less than 18 (including any exhibitions). 

If we assume 2 exhibitions, then16 games would get us to 18 home gates.  Since we only have 11 known home games that means we need to add 5 more, probably all "buys."  Even then we are short of last years' 19 home gates.  I don't recall specifically and I'm not going to pull out old checks but I seem to recall that the season ticket package last year was higher than the year before, possibly due to a higher # of games.  If we drop back to 18 , and 2 of the 18 are exhibitions, it will be interesting to see what happens with the season ticket price.  From prior postings my sense is that we would probably be ok if they didn't raise the season's price.  However, cutting a date but increasing the cost might not go over so well, especially if we had two "make believe" games.

Oh, yeah, I see the 11 now.  The 14 games away from home is a bit high, by about 2.  I think that will reduce the number of home games, in addition to the fact that they're not getting two bonus home games from an exempt tourney.