GDT: A10 Day 1 - Yuta Wantstanotbe playing the Billikens D

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Just got home and saw the highlights on KMOV. Courtney Bryant is a SMOKE SHOW.

-no doubt!

-what an incredible tale of two halves, wow, as listening/watching the game the fouls we were committing had me thinking we were going to see The Greek as we would run out of bodies, Rammer and Earl gave high praise to AH for not quitting on two drives by GW and the second one ended up with Yuta getting hurt, hope it is not serious for him, DJF we can't reach, get some rest and food and let's see how tonight goes

9 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Just got home and saw the highlights on KMOV. Courtney Bryant is a SMOKE SHOW.

8 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

googling Courtney Bryant...

Sorry, fellas...

Just a few days too late.

4 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Hope for Average Looking Dudes everywhere

Yeah, that dude actually looks pretty similar to me. Good to know I have a wide range of options if the current marriage situation doesn't work out.

RiseAndGrind likes this

10 hours ago, SouthSide_Billiken said:

Lets go!!!! These guys play so hard. There's no better coaching job in the country this year than Travis Ford. On to Davidson. Let's keep this going. Yuta Watanabe Ankle = Kenyon Martin Leg??

Same thought crossed my mind.

I never fully realized just how thin our bench was until last night. One of the announcers had the cameraman pan the bench; his comment was, that's what Travis has to work with one guy in sweats (Wellmer) and those two guys in warmups (Anthony and the Greek). When the fouls started piling up in the first half, I got concerned we might have to finish with just 4 guys on the court and two of them would have been Anthony and the Greek.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Yeah, that dude actually looks pretty similar to me. Good to know I have a wide range of options if the current marriage situation doesn't work out.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that he has a lot of money.

24 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I never fully realized just how thin our bench was until last night. One of the announcers had the cameraman pan the bench; his comment was, that's what Travis has to work with one guy in sweats (Wellmer) and those two guys in warmups (Anthony and the Greek). When the fouls started piling up in the first half, I got concerned we might have to finish with just 4 guys on the court and two of them would have been Anthony and the Greek.

Foreman is going to have to have a big game today. He only played 17 minutes last night, so he should be relatively fresh. I hope we will see more of Anthony tonight. 

This team is full of warriors. Bess and Johnson both played 40 minutes last night, and French was on the court for 38. That is crazy. 

A healthy Welmer would have elevated this team quite a bit. 

8 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that he has a lot of money.

You can tell yourself that, and I'll continue to tell myself he must be very charming with a good sense of humor, and that she's the breadwinner.

Also, kudos to @Pistol for holding me accountable for a sub-par thread title. Clearly that is what led to the Billikens slow start. Yuta was clearly not ready for Bess, who saw the thread title change at halftime and ratcheted up his game. Since the Davidson GDT has debuted with fire, I'm looking forward to a Billies win tonight

billikenbill and Pistol like this

9 minutes ago, Bizziken said:

Foreman is going to have to have a big game today. He only played 17 minutes last night, so he should be relatively fresh. I hope we will see more of Anthony tonight. 

This team is full of warriors. Bess and Johnson both played 40 minutes last night, and French was on the court for 38. That is crazy. 

A healthy Welmer would have elevated this team quite a bit. 

The Welmer train has left the station, on its way home or to somewhere else as a grad transfer.  What a wasted scholarship and the official end of the Crews era, or should I say error!  i don't want to invest another year of SLU scholarships to see him sit at the end of the bench.  Would any of you really want to go into next year counting on EW for anything?

I really like the new end of game strategy by the coaching staff.  Have HF throw the ball in and stay off the court.  I assume fouling a player on the sidelines would have to be a two shot and the ball foul.  Great idea, TF and staff.

7 minutes ago, bauman said:

I really like the new end of game strategy by the coaching staff.  Have HF throw the ball in and stay off the court.  I assume fouling a player on the sidelines would have to be a two shot and the ball foul.  Great idea, TF and staff.

I mentioned that last night, brilliant move by the coaching staff.

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Hope for Average Looking Dudes everywhere

Biggest upset of the decade...

french was involved in my two favorite plays of the night.   the first was the post sequence of the jump ball where the pretty boy for gw chicken shoved french when french started to walk away, french turned around and surprisingly jalen johnson as well then got in his face.   the tide went all against gw thereafter.   then near the end of the game when gw was in the must foul mode and french had to play due to the foul situation of foreman, french inbounds and then just stands out of bounds so there is no chance for a hack a shaq foul on him.   loved it.  

those were the most painful announcers to listen to ever.   please dont have their worthlessness on the air tonight again.